The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TOAK- Thread Of All Knowledge- Part IV

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2015, 07:26 AM
Juan L
Received 20,117 Likes on 10,260 Posts

Morning, morning Woods! A special good morning to Mark❷ who has undertaken the unwinnable war. Many, many years ago, I was in your position, the circumstances differ somewhat but the result were the same, bitch about the wife's family and potentially alienate the one source of ***** in the house or perform the Pontius Pilate exorcism and refuse to allow the stupidity of other people dictate how I feel.

As an example, it used to bother me that my MIL would smother a fine T-Bone in ketchup, so I stopped making them and served chicken when they came over to BBQ. Passive-aggressive? No, merely finding my own solution to MY problems. In a nutshell, I stopped allowing the boneheads to irritate me and told my wife that she was responsible for her family as I had no dog in that hunt. Believe me, it helped....ME.

Old 12-19-2015, 07:28 AM
SouthpawHD
Extreme HDF Member
Received 73 Likes on 58 Posts

Mark, good luck to your mother.

My dad is in the hospital too. Knee replacement surgery. But is reacting poorly to the pain meds and vomiting for over 2 days now. They're shipping him to an old folks home for rehab and he'll spend Christmas there. And my mom can't stop arguing with the nurses. And she argued because she doesn't pay attention to what's going on. I finally just walked out last night and went home.

SouthpawHD
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by BARACU
Mornin', Craig...if the dog is annoying ....it's your wife's dog.
She doesn't like the dog much either.

Juan L

One last thing, I hope your mom gets better soon and I'd like to remind you that sometimes a mother needs her son as much as you need to distance yourself from your in-laws! Road trip?

Old 12-19-2015, 07:30 AM
Juan L

Originally Posted by SouthpawHD
Mark, good luck to your mother.

My dad is in the hospital too. Knee replacement surgery. But is reacting poorly to the pain meds and vomiting for over 2 days now. They're shipping him to an old folks home for rehab and he'll spend Christmas there. And my mom can't stop arguing with the nurses. And she argued because she doesn't pay attention to what's going on. I finally just walked out last night and went home.
I feel for your dad Craig, I know his pain! Hope he gets better soon too.

Geezus, I'm gonna need a scorecard soon to tell the players.

Old 12-19-2015, 07:30 AM
SouthpawHD
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by rwhisen
Morning, morning Woods! A special good morning to Mark❷ who has undertaken the unwinnable war. Many, many years ago, I was in your position, the circumstances differ somewhat but the result were the same, bitch about the wife's family and potentially alienate the one source of ***** in the house or perform the Pontius Pilate exorcism and refuse to allow the stupidity of other people dictate how I feel.

As an example, it used to bother me that my MIL would smother a fine T-Bone in ketchup, so I stopped making them and served chicken when they came over to BBQ. Passive-aggressive? No, merely finding my own solution to MY problems. In a nutshell, I stopped allowing the boneheads to irritate me and told my wife that she was responsible for her family as I had no dog in that hunt. Believe me, it helped....ME.
That's funny!

I got rid of my inlaws too, by telling the OL to hit the bricks. Found that better for my health and theirs!

My new inlaws are awesome! Win, win!!

Old 12-19-2015, 07:31 AM
SouthpawHD
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by rwhisen
I feel for your dad Craig, I know his pain! Hope he gets better soon too.

Geezus, I'm gonna need a scorecard soon to tell the players.
Yep! When he was getting ready for this, I was remembering some of your stories.

Old 12-19-2015, 07:32 AM
BARACU
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,567 Likes on 2,621 Posts

Originally Posted by SouthpawHD
She doesn't like the dog much either.
hahahahaaa.........

Old 12-19-2015, 07:35 AM
Juan L

Craig has your local HD store done any more work on your cruise control or have they all patted themselves on the back with their most recent diagnosis that a lean condition caused by your tuner makes it kick off line?

Old 12-19-2015, 07:40 AM
OKMICK
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 36,879 Likes on 17,363 Posts

Mornin, Al, Craig and Rubidoux.

Sounds like a lot of you are geared up for the cheerfulness only the Christmas season can bring.

Quick Reply: TOAK- Thread Of All Knowledge- Part IV