The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TOAK- Thread Of All Knowledge- Part IV

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2015, 09:36 PM
Uncle Chester
Extreme HDF Member
Received 182 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by PapaThiele
Personally, I am a bit jealous. When you work from home 4 days a week and are constantly surrounded by your family (though I think y'all realize by now how much I love my kids) the thought of a house full of people (in laws, my family is too far away) is kind of a bummer. Mostly because I hate her Dad...lazy SOB. Luckily they want a smoked turkey along with the traditional roasted one and no one else knows how to smoke anything (except pot) so I get to use that as an excuse to stay outside and away from them.
I thought in CO you smoked one while smoking the other?

Old 11-17-2015, 09:36 PM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,571 Likes on 2,889 Posts

Originally Posted by SouthpawHD
Why don't you like holidays?
Not sure. Had my mom over last night for dinner. Guess it was just too many dirt poor holidays. Ya know. Sob story. Mom workin 2-3 jobs. No pops. No food. Was abitch for a kid. I'm over it but just don't get all marry this time of year. Don't get me wrong. Life is good on the home front.

Old 11-17-2015, 09:37 PM
QC
Club Member
Received 19,803 Likes on 9,866 Posts

Personally, I am a bit jealous. When you work from home 4 days a week and are constantly surrounded by your family (though I think y'all realize by now how much I love my kids) the thought of a house full of people (in laws, my family is too far away) is kind of a bummer. Mostly because I hate her Dad...lazy SOB. Luckily they want a smoked turkey along with the traditional roasted one and no one else knows how to smoke anything (except pot) so I get to use that as an excuse to stay outside and away from them.
Depending on the type of smoker you have, you could be out there all day babysitting it!

Old 11-17-2015, 09:39 PM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,571 Likes on 2,889 Posts

Stand-in at the grill/smoker is the best. I guess other than on the net I'm an introvert.

Old 11-17-2015, 09:40 PM
QC
Club Member

Originally Posted by soft 02
Not sure. Had my mom over last night for dinner. Guess it was just too many dirt poor holidays. Ya know. Sob story. Mom workin 2-3 jobs. No pops. No food. Was abitch for a kid. I'm over it but just don't get all marry this time of year. Don't get me wrong. Life is good on the home front.
I know a few like that. All cool. Just how it is.
It's just my wife and kids. My brothers and I are pretty much estranged.

Old 11-17-2015, 09:42 PM
KUB
Extreme HDF Member
Received 127 Likes on 93 Posts

Good jokes ! The boss is going to Madison for tday Monday thru Friday next week! I'm in deer camp but may drive down Wednesday come back Friday and then have three days left to hunt! We'll see! I remember a Christmas when my dad and moms dad got in a fist fight and knocked over the tree and no alcohol was involved! ��

Old 11-17-2015, 09:43 PM
PapaThiele
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,707 Likes on 2,158 Posts

Originally Posted by QC
Depending on the type of smoker you have, you could be out there all day babysitting it!
Its a charcoal/wood smoker...it'll be a damn shame me sitting out there watching it all day, huh?

I like the holidays but just can't be around too many people for too long, especially if they are bitchin about other people.

I am going to call it a night. I'll be looking for the Hump Day Nearly Nekkids in the AM!

Old 11-17-2015, 09:44 PM
QC
Club Member

How's the hunting, Keith?

Old 11-17-2015, 09:44 PM
QC
Club Member

Its a charcoal/wood smoker...it'll be a damn shame me sitting out there watching it all day, huh?

I like the holidays but just can't be around too many people for too long, especially if they are bitchin about other people.

I am going to call it a night. I'll be looking for the Hump Day Nearly Nekkids in the AM!
I share the feeling!
Have a good night, Mark!

Old 11-17-2015, 09:46 PM
SouthpawHD
Extreme HDF Member
Received 73 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by soft 02
That sucks man. Glad all is well now.

Quick Reply: TOAK- Thread Of All Knowledge- Part IV