The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TOAK- Thread Of All Knowledge- Part IV

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2015, 07:49 AM
SouthpawHD
Extreme HDF Member
Received 73 Likes on 58 Posts

Morning woods. Sure is quiet in the morning without the Mick.

Old 10-03-2015, 07:50 AM
QC
Club Member
Received 19,803 Likes on 9,866 Posts

Morning, Al and Craig!

Old 10-03-2015, 07:53 AM
SouthpawHD
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by PapaThiele
Mornin Russ! Things are a titty bit nipply here. Had some hail last night so waiting for the sun to peek out a bit so I can see if there is any damage. It was bigger than pea size. My truck is still in pretty good shape for a 1999 model that has only ever spent half a dozen nights in a garage and would hate to have to do any major work to it because of hail. Part of me thinks I am due for a new(er) truck but then I think about the payment and how little I use mine now and how I'd come to hate that payment in short order.
Get a new truck, new trucks are awesome!!!!!! Ha!

I used to hardly drive my SUV, it was basically our third vehicle. Then I got my truck, now it's our primary and I love driving it. Funny how that works.

Originally Posted by rwhisen
Hail. That sucks. We usually receive that little gift from the heavens in the spring. I was reviewing my truck use last night and was thinking (rationalizing) that as little as I haul stuff I could get that challenger and buy a POS truck to haul stuff when I need it.......then I fell asleep.
Get that Challenger. Challengers are awesome!!!!!! Ha!

Old 10-03-2015, 07:54 AM
BARACU
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,567 Likes on 2,621 Posts

Hi, Russ,Craig, Greg.....44* and rainin' in PA.

Old 10-03-2015, 07:54 AM
SouthpawHD
Extreme HDF Member

How are things in CO Greg? Mark?

Old 10-03-2015, 08:05 AM
PapaThiele
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,707 Likes on 2,158 Posts

Originally Posted by QC
Morning, Russ.
Yup I will be hitting the local full size Muni tomorrow morning.
Mark, I just saw it's "National Techies Day." How are you celebrating? Get your vents re-done?
Going to Audio Fest where I can see nerdy stuff like media servers and the like.

Vent rerouting is done with the exception of putting the air cleaner cover back on. Still trying to decide if I want to put the football cover back on or just the 100th Anniversary insert. I ended up having to get 3/8" hose instead of the 5/16" you suggested so it would fit the existing hardware.

Old 10-03-2015, 08:09 AM
SouthpawHD
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by BARACU
Hi, Russ,Craig, Greg.....44* and rainin' in PA.
Equally chilly here, but no rain. Been rather dry here for the past 10 days or so.

Old 10-03-2015, 08:09 AM
PapaThiele
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,707 Likes on 2,158 Posts

Mornin Craig! Things are well...though chilly and humid this morning with showers predicted for the rest of the day.

As much as I would love a new(er) truck, as I doubt I would buy brand new, I'd dread that payment. I'd bump up from an F150 to a 250 so I could get a cab over camper down the road. That alone will make the payment higher. Once my boy decides he wants to go camping, that bigger truck and camper would be a joy, but until and in between camping trips the payment would be a bummer. I could get a camper now but an F150 with the 4.6 would probably make me that slow poke going up the canyon roads...and I hate those MF'ers.

Old 10-03-2015, 08:15 AM
Juan L
Received 20,117 Likes on 10,260 Posts

Originally Posted by PapaThiele
Mornin Craig! Things are well...though chilly and humid this morning with showers predicted for the rest of the day.

As much as I would love a new(er) truck, as I doubt I would buy brand new, I'd dread that payment. I'd bump up from an F150 to a 250 so I could get a cab over camper down the road. That alone will make the payment higher. Once my boy decides he wants to go camping, that bigger truck and camper would be a joy, but until and in between camping trips the payment would be a bummer. I could get a camper now but an F150 with the 4.6 would probably make me that slow poke going up the canyon roads...and I hate those MF'ers.
Funny you should mention that but when I was on my way home from CO in August I was talking to a couple in Raton, NM who were pulling a 28' Airstream with a F150 V6. I had passed this guy coming up the hill so I know he wasn't impressing anyone with his speed but he was making good time. He and his wife had pulled that Airstream to the Tetons from Houston and were on their way home. He couldn't speak highly enough about the V6 engine in that Ford. I was pretty impressed that he could generate that kind of power with the V6.

Old 10-03-2015, 08:15 AM
QC
Club Member
Received 19,803 Likes on 9,866 Posts

I gotta say I'm loving my little car. It's a hoot to drive. But I have already run into a problem: I usually rent a big snake to do my drains once a year as preventive maintenance. No problem to haul it home in the back of the truck. Gonna have to hire it done this year.

Quick Reply: TOAK- Thread Of All Knowledge- Part IV