The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TOAK- Thread Of All Knowledge- Part IV

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2015, 10:29 AM
PapaThiele
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,707 Likes on 2,158 Posts

Originally Posted by rwhisen
Hand jobs can be subcontracted.....have you never been to one of those Asian Massage Parlors?
A hand job with dish pan hands sounds rough unless you have experienced otherwise

Old 11-08-2015, 10:33 AM
Northern Glide
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,917 Likes on 2,815 Posts

Originally Posted by OKMICK
Stan, is a 28k house in good enough shape a lender will finance it?
Howdy Mick,
May not make the secondary mortgage market but as first time home buyer there may be some rural development funds he can tap. We're going to check that out tomorrow.

Old 11-08-2015, 10:36 AM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 49,735 Likes on 19,290 Posts

Originally Posted by AllenW
I thought to clean your bike you just sprayed dish soap on it and rode around in the rain till the bubble trail quit?

Al
A concept that could/should be patented Al ... I'm in for 20% of the investment. I can see it now ... HD Dish Soap :>)

Old 11-08-2015, 10:37 AM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,571 Likes on 2,889 Posts

Originally Posted by northern glide
howdy mick,
may not make the secondary mortgage market but as first time home buyer there may be some rural development funds he can tap. We're going to check that out tomorrow.
🙌👍👍💸🏡🔧🔨🚼

Old 11-08-2015, 11:08 AM
AllenW
Elite HDF Member
Received 119 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle Larry
A concept that could/should be patented Al ... I'm in for 20% of the investment. I can see it now ... HD Dish Soap :>)
Sounds good, maybe a syn and dino selection?

Lou, you live in the promised land, everything is over priced out there.

Something to be said for summer 12 months a year though.

Al

Old 11-08-2015, 11:10 AM
LoneBone
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 27,347 Likes on 6,414 Posts

Your house is looking good Lou. You're a hard worker and I've always admired that. Taught my boys a work ethic. Told em you will succeed no matter your profession if you work your *** off at it.

Hey Rupert, Greg, Larry, Tim, Mark, Chester, Stan, and I apologize if I missed you...

Old 11-08-2015, 11:17 AM
Northern Glide
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,917 Likes on 2,815 Posts

Originally Posted by LoneBone
Hey Rupert, Greg, Larry, Tim, Mark, Chester, Stan, and I apologize if I missed you...
Jack, no apology necessary!

I'm just glad you're alive :-)

Old 11-08-2015, 11:31 AM
SouthpawHD
Extreme HDF Member
Received 73 Likes on 58 Posts

Sounds like a hairy even Jack. Glad you're good.

Old 11-08-2015, 11:32 AM
LoneBone
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 27,347 Likes on 6,414 Posts

Last night was a screwed up night that lead to a lot of thinking...

Lost my Mom in March, and my big sister a week later. Mom I was kind of half *** prepared for, but the loss of my sister has been tough on me, and continues to be. My SIL moved in with us in our little guest house, then my BIL who doesn't have a pot to **** in moved in too. All of that combined with other issues has led to a decline in my attitude. I simply haven't given a **** about much of anything, myself included.

I've slipped back into some old associations that would have been better left alone.

Last night was quiet, enjoying friends and cold beer. There was a feller in there I don't like. Can't go into it much, be he has sold drugs to people I don't think he should have, and even though I'm nobody's guardian, and they're grown *** people, words were said. The way he did it pissed me off. Typical dealer. Give stuff away, get em hooked then sell it to em. He turned around and went to the bathroom. I should have watched for him, because I never saw him return, and well, I was surprised to say the least.

He was a bit glassy eyed, so he was tweaking a bit I guess. He was holding all the cards so to speak, but he seemed confused, then scared, which is why he ran I guess, thank God.

The last several months has been a general decline. Didn't mean to bother you guys with this, but I felt some sort of explanation was needed since I came on here blabbing last night.

I appreciate y'all listening. I know I'm not the only one with problems, so I'm gonna suck it up and act like the man I was before...

Old 11-08-2015, 11:59 AM
AllenW
Elite HDF Member
Received 119 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by LoneBone
Last night was a screwed up night that lead to a lot of thinking...

Lost my Mom in March, and my big sister a week later. Mom I was kind of half *** prepared for, but the loss of my sister has been tough on me, and continues to be. My SIL moved in with us in our little guest house, then my BIL who doesn't have a pot to **** in moved in too. All of that combined with other issues has led to a decline in my attitude. I simply haven't given a **** about much of anything, myself included.

I've slipped back into some old associations that would have been better left alone.

Last night was quiet, enjoying friends and cold beer. There was a feller in there I don't like. Can't go into it much, be he has sold drugs to people I don't think he should have, and even though I'm nobody's guardian, and they're grown *** people, words were said. The way he did it pissed me off. Typical dealer. Give stuff away, get em hooked then sell it to em. He turned around and went to the bathroom. I should have watched for him, because I never saw him return, and well, I was surprised to say the least.

He was a bit glassy eyed, so he was tweaking a bit I guess. He was holding all the cards so to speak, but he seemed confused, then scared, which is why he ran I guess, thank God.

The last several months has been a general decline. Didn't mean to bother you guys with this, but I felt some sort of explanation was needed since I came on here blabbing last night.

I appreciate y'all listening. I know I'm not the only one with problems, so I'm gonna suck it up and act like the man I was before...

Ya, we all have problems but yours are what you need to deal with now, I'd offer a warm shop and an open ear but your a bit to far away for that.

Is there somebody you can go spend some time with, tell a few stories, a couple of tall tales, maybe shed a tear or two, and laugh a bit with?

A good friend right now can make the heartache much easier to deal with in many cases imho.

Best of luck to ya, it will get better, but you'll have to work on it.

Al

Quick Reply: TOAK- Thread Of All Knowledge- Part IV