The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HDF removes Confederate Flag patches

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2015 | 09:12 PM
Uncle Chester
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by DownGoesFrazier
I'm glad you made this point. In my opinion, today, the flying of the battle flag or any other flag of the former Confederacy has less to do with slavery and more to do with an inherent desire for freedom from the federal government. Having said that, I totally get the connotations of the battle flag to black folks as surely as anyone must understand the connotations of the swastika to Jewish people.

I have two classes of Libtard friends. One, the working class hero, that believes that our current situation is inherently unfair and repressive. The other, the liberal elites, that truly believe that people are too stupid to take of themselves and must be cared for and directed in all aspects of life. LibElites I know are as racist and socioeconomically elitist as any other redneck white supremacist.

The goal is to provide enough in the trough to keep them (whomever "they" are) placated and satisfied enough not to challenge their power structure. Nonwhites, white nonsupremacists, and others who fly the battle flag today are not racists. They are not endorsing slavery. The heritage they claim is that of freedom from a tyrannical central government. Slavery was then freedom is now.

We have reached a point in our history where there is seemingly no compromise. Politics and the people have become so polarized that I fear there is no turning back. I don't wish to live in my liberal friends' world and they do not wish to live in mine. I care about God, guns, and grits. I couldn't care less if you're gay. Don't tell me to endorse you and you don't have to endorse me. Then we'll all just get along.

I honestly believe that in today's world, the battle flag represents a heritage of freedom from federal tyranny for all people regardless of race, religion, orientation, grits, or guns.
Well said.

Old 07-11-2015 | 09:15 PM
kwo51
Outstanding HDF Member

Please bring them back .......

Old 07-11-2015 | 09:32 PM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member

I have read many, many intelligent, insightful and well thought out responses in favor of the Confederate Battle Flag. Yet it is getting demolished as a symbol. The only way this can happen is if we continue to vote into office the type of individual who wishes to accomplish such an act. How many people here voted in the last elections? Because if the will of the people demands the removal of the confederate flags, then the people who wish to maintain it, is either a TRUE minority, or simply to stupid to show up at the polls and vote out of office the people who wish to rewrite our history.

Old 07-11-2015 | 09:42 PM
fat_tony
Ultimate HDF Member

You people who profess the abolition of slavery was not a central issue in the civil war are changing the facts of history to suit your own beliefs or living in a cloud of ignorance. I find it kind of amazing that so many Americans are ignorant to their own history or even how their political system functions. Many confuse republicanism with democracy. History is seldom pleasant reading. The reasons behind those who wish to remove the confederate flag from the state houses of some southern states governments is because of it's ties to movements supporting slavery and later apartheid in the 20th century, and most recently white supremacist groups and terrorists like Dylann Roof who use it as a rallying point for their cause. Dylann Roof killed more people than the Boston bombers. The issue has never been about banning flags, only to remove the Confederate flag from being officially recognized and flown by a few southern state assemblies like South Carolina, which recently voted to stop flying it in the wake of the actions of Dylann Roof who murdered 9 for his cause. No flag has ever been banned in the US. You can paste ISIS, Confederate, British, Polish, State or what ever flag you wish over your bike if you wish with no legal repercussions in most democratic countries including the US.

http://www.historynet.com/causes-of-the-civil-war
http://www.civilwar.org/150th-annive...ing-storm.html

Last edited by fat_tony; 07-11-2015 at 10:26 PM.
Old 07-11-2015 | 10:32 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Riders Club Member

Originally Posted by fat_tony
You people who profess the abolition of slavery was not a central issue in the civil war are changing the facts of history to suit your own beliefs or living in a cloud of ignorance. I find it kind of amazing that so many Americans are ignorant to their own history or even how their political system functions. Many confuse republicanism with democracy. History is seldom pleasant reading. The reasons behind those who wish to remove the confederate flag from the state houses of some southern states governments is because of it's ties to movements supporting slavery and later apartheid in the 20th century, and most recently white supremacist groups and terrorists like Dylann Roof who use it as a rallying point for their cause. Dylann Roof killed more people than the Boston bombers. The issue has never been about banning flags, only to remove the Confederate flag from being officially recognized and flown by a few southern state assemblies like South Carolina, which recently voted to stop flying it in the wake of the actions of Dylann Roof who murdered 9 for his cause. No flag has ever been banned in the US. You can paste ISIS, Confederate, British, Polish, State or what ever flag you wish over your bike if you wish with no legal repercussions in most democratic countries including the US.

None of us were there so no we don't know what the real reasons ( there were many ) behind the civil war. As far as changing the facts of history sorry partner that's been going since books were invented , look at some kids history books today and they have damn sure have been rewritten from when I was in school half a century ago. We today will never have the truth of things just what " facts " supports whatever the latest party line is.

Old 07-11-2015 | 10:36 PM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
None of us were there so no we don't know what the real reasons ( there were many ) behind the civil war. As far as changing the facts of history sorry partner that's been going since books were invented , look at some kids history books today and they have damn sure have been rewritten from when I was in school half a century ago. We today will never have the truth of things just what " facts " supports whatever the latest party line is.
We today will never have the truth of things just what " facts " supports whatever the latest party line is ... Yep, the whole "truth" is based on whatever the team on the evening news has churned up for sensationalism ... Spin Doctors are ready to tell you whatever they need you to know based on their opinions.

Old 07-11-2015 | 10:43 PM
fat_tony
Ultimate HDF Member

Sorry that does not work for me. Major historical events are documented at the time. As an example, you cannot deny the existence of the holocaust because you were not there. There were just too many witnesses who were there and documented it. Same story with the civil war. You can go back and read the headlines and news articles of the time, or read first hand accounts written by the participants, even view photographs, on all sides if you research the issue a little. Visit your library. For now I'll accept what historians who don't have a personal stake in it have to say.

Last edited by fat_tony; 07-11-2015 at 10:54 PM.
Old 07-12-2015 | 01:14 AM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Riders Club Member

Originally Posted by fat_tony
Sorry that does not work for me. Major historical events are documented at the time. As an example, you cannot deny the existence of the holocaust because you were not there. There were just too many witnesses who were there and documented it. Same story with the civil war. You can go back and read the headlines and news articles of the time, or read first hand accounts written by the participants, even view photographs, on all sides if you research the issue a little. Visit your library. For now I'll accept what historians who don't have a personal stake in it have to say.

Wouldn't argue the holocaust been to places where it happened BUT and this is a big but even that's being slowly rewritten and glossed over as time passes and living memories fade, ask any 20 something about WW2 and see what you get back. You believe what's in print about any major event in history is the unvarnished truth and hasn't drifted with a little spin with time and popular sentiment your a fool.

Old 07-12-2015 | 01:48 AM
fat_tony
Ultimate HDF Member

Wouldn't argue the holocaust been to places where it happened BUT and this is a big but even that's being slowly rewritten and glossed over as time passes and living memories fade, ask any 20 something about WW2 and see what you get back. You believe what's in print about any major event in history is the unvarnished truth and hasn't drifted with a little spin with time and popular sentiment your a fool.
Actually history books get more accurate with time as biases of the participants, especially the victors, fade and historians have more time to sift through the facts in a neutral unbiased way. WW2 history is a good example of this. Since access to the archives of the former Soviet Union have become available, and information becomes declassified by our governments, we now know a lot more about WW2 than we ever did in 1975 and we are no longer constrained to not discuss mistakes and atrocities committed by our side as the perpetrators are no longer with us and information has become declassified. Take for example the tens of thousands of german POWs that died of starvation and disease after the war ended in American run POW camps located in Germany (in the spring and early summer of 1945) and a general failure of the US military to provide the necessities of life to their prisoners (food, shelter, fresh water) in these camps or the officially sanctioned rape and looting of civilians by the victorious Soviet forces.

Last edited by fat_tony; 07-12-2015 at 07:46 AM.
Old 07-12-2015 | 02:20 AM
HeritageBrads
Road Master

Amazing.!

I live in the UK, and google shows no flags or patches for sale, neither does the UK Ebay.

Censored to death. Boils my **** that.

Quick Reply: HDF removes Confederate Flag patches