The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HDF removes Confederate Flag patches

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2015 | 08:58 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by rwhisen
Fixed it for you!

By the way...the fish keep jumping into the net.

Wow!
Very Cool!!

Old 07-09-2015 | 10:38 AM
Super Glidester
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force

Next thing you know 1969 Dodge Chargers will no longer be cool...

Old 07-09-2015 | 10:42 AM
perki48
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

Nice to have the 2015 vision into 1861 politics isn't it? Many more issues were weighted higher than whether or not the 2% of the population that owned slaves were negatively affected.
And now they are at it again, changing laws/definitions but this time to "please" 2% of the population with a REALLY offensive rainbow flag.

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 07-10-2015 at 12:16 AM. Reason: fixed quote
Old 07-09-2015 | 12:52 PM
OLDDEADEYE
Outstanding HDF Member

Old 07-09-2015 | 01:06 PM
MYCRISIS
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Lardog666
nope. this is a case of whitewashing history... you are either an idiot or a bigot, not sure which. Nothing you can say, write down, or copy & paste will change my opinion of you... The Civil War was about Slavery. If you are to obtuse to see that then you are part of the problem.
It becomes much easier to understand why states could war with states, when men can call their brothers idiots and bigots over a symbol that obviously has different meanings to different people. This flag carries with it no mind or voice. It is we that make it speak of tolerance or intolerance.

I have no desire to change any mans opinion, right or wrong. I only ask for the same respect of my own opinions, right or wrong. Again, tolerance.

My true desire is that our Confederate flag means exactly what it meant two months ago, or five years ago when your voice and mind was silent on this issue. I can't remember any disdain for this flag prior to Roofs murdering of innocent churchgoers. Where were you then flag haters?

Show me your open and vocal disgust over this flag prior to it being the sensitive knee jerk PC issue de jour of a progressive movement that is somehow convinced only their opinions count, while touting Tolerance.Or are you just jumping on the sensitivity bandwagon?

FYI: HDF is once again selling Confederate Flag patches in the Swag forum. Peace.

Last edited by MYCRISIS; 07-09-2015 at 01:23 PM.
Old 07-09-2015 | 03:19 PM
Juan L

Originally Posted by MYCRISIS
....FYI: HDF is once again selling Confederate Flag patches in the Swag forum. Peace.
The mock indignation from all offended is offensive.

Gotta get my order in to beat the other shoppers........

Old 07-09-2015 | 03:26 PM
MYCRISIS
Elite HDF Member

The mock indignation from all offended is offensive.

Gotta get my order in to beat the other shoppers........
Well, there goes another Christmas idea down the drain...

Old 07-09-2015 | 05:54 PM
Juan L

You can still get me that new white bathrobe and matching battle flag like the model wears in this picture...

Old 07-09-2015 | 06:39 PM
rizzo
|
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by MYCRISIS
FYI: HDF is once again selling Confederate Flag patches in the Swag forum. Peace.
Don't leave out the disclosure - limited quantities, while supplies last.

Old 07-09-2015 | 07:40 PM
FlyLow
Road Master

Originally Posted by fat_tony
It is you who needs to study history.

"Those that fail to lean from history are doomed to repeat it"

http://www.historynet.com/causes-of-the-civil-war
Tony I went back and read the link you added above, Looks to me it was written by the same folks that made the kool-aid you are drinking.
The War between the states was mainly fought over taxation period.
Why were their Federal troops at Fort Sumter in the first place? (Not to stop slave ships from arriving), but to collect taxes and the Morrill Tariff.
By controlling the present, the Party is able to manipulate the past. And in controlling the past, the Party can justify all of its actions in the present."
I studied history between 1960 and 1973.Itwas nothing like what you had in the link you posted.
I would guess you are less than 4o years old and you were subject to the Kool-aid that is being served now days, that is now called history.
The Confederate battle flag holds great meaning to me in that it "always" is a reminder of that conflict and the details we should never forget as that is instruction for the future.
When a route is planned and traveled it can never be improved upon if the memory of where it started and ended is forgotten

Quick Reply: HDF removes Confederate Flag patches