The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HDF removes Confederate Flag patches

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2015 | 05:57 PM
FlyLow
Road Master

fat tony You need to go read a history book the civil war was not fought over "The Abolition of slavery" It was " States Rights" go back one page on this post and read the 10 reason why the war was fought. Look at the pic of the KKK marching in Washington also seen on this post they are carring the American flag!!! I think most of the white surpremacist groups what ever they are fly the german **** flag... Leave our Southern Heritage along,
Again go read the 10 reasons for the War between the States.

Old 07-08-2015 | 06:14 PM
fat_tony
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by FlyLow
fat tony You need to go read a history book the civil war was not fought over "The Abolition of slavery" It was " States Rights" go back one page on this post and read the 10 reason why the war was fought. Look at the pic of the KKK marching in Washington also seen on this post they are carring the American flag!!! I think most of the white surpremacist groups what ever they are fly the german **** flag... Leave our Southern Heritage along,
Again go read the 10 reasons for the War between the States.
It is you who needs to study history.

"Those that fail to lean from history are doomed to repeat it"

http://www.historynet.com/causes-of-the-civil-war

Last edited by fat_tony; 07-08-2015 at 06:19 PM.
Old 07-08-2015 | 08:47 PM
TSheff
Seasoned HDF Member

Old 07-08-2015 | 08:57 PM
cficole
Outstanding HDF Member

What about this one:

Old 07-08-2015 | 09:09 PM
Juan L

Originally Posted by fat_tony
It is you who needs to study history.

"Those that fail to lean from history are doomed to repeat it"

http://www.historynet.com/causes-of-the-civil-war
Before you quote an article that purportedly supports your position, you would do well to read all of it, especially this part:

"True Causes of the Civil War

Irreconcilable Differences Simmering animosities between North and South signaled an American apocalypse"

Old 07-08-2015 | 09:29 PM
TOTLKOS
Tourer

Originally Posted by rwhisen
Before you quote an article that purportedly supports your position, you would do well to read all of it, especially this part:

Irreconcilable Differences Simmering animosities between North and South signaled an American apocalypse"

Bingo!!!! Thank you......

Old 07-08-2015 | 11:46 PM
Amish gone bad
Tourer

I have to admit to being basically neutral in the whole debate. Way back when (60s and 70s) the thing to have was swastikas and stuff on your vest. Wound badges, cut armbands and especially SS gear and designs. At one time, before my day, the folks with it were serious bad-asses I'm sure but it became as much a fashion statement as the Buck 110s everyone had on their belts. I would say among the people I saw the majority had something **** somewhere on their clothes. Few of the people were anti-Semites -- it was more a way of saying "I don't care what you think" or "I'm generally in rebellion". Can't think of the last time I saw anything much like that; it just sort of faded off.

I think the Stars&Bars is going to go the same way. Now that its the "big flap" a lot of us who never considered it as a decoration are going to be drawn to it as a sign of rebellion and not caring what others think. And in a couple decades its going to fade as well.

Me? Never cared much one way or the other for either. I just stay with my patch of Snoopy giving the finger and "F*** You, Jane". The part that makes me sad is most of the people riding today have no idea what that one is about.

Old 07-09-2015 | 05:51 AM
Lardog666
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by rwhisen

nope. this is a case of whitewashing history... you are either an idiot or a bigot, not sure which. Nothing you can say, write down, or copy & paste will change my opinion of you... The Civil War was about Slavery. If you are to obtuse to see that then you are part of the problem.

Old 07-09-2015 | 08:08 AM
Juan L

Originally Posted by Lardog666
nope. this is a case of whitewashing history... you are either an idiot or a bigot, not sure which. Nothing you can say, write down, or copy & paste will change my opinion of you... The Civil War was about Slavery. If you are to obtuse to see that then you are part of the problem.
Nice to have the 2015 vision into 1861 politics isn't it? Many more issues were weighted higher than whether or not the 2% of the population that owned slaves were negatively affected. The answer is there for you in the article....all you have to do is be able to understand it.

I wondered if the libs had taken a firm grip on Madison after recent events there, now I am certain of it.

Last edited by Juan L; 07-09-2015 at 08:11 AM.
Old 07-09-2015 | 08:53 AM
OLDDEADEYE
Outstanding HDF Member

"You must be a racist if you don't see things my way". Seems to be the idiotic liberal mantra.
Not really a Kid Rock fan, but he's being chastised for his past use of the flag.

What about Kanye??

or Ludicris

Andre 3000

Oh.... That's right, they're black, they can't be racists.

Personally, I've never worn or owned the flag, but the hypocrisy pisses me off.

Last edited by OLDDEADEYE; 07-09-2015 at 09:01 AM.

Quick Reply: HDF removes Confederate Flag patches