The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HDF removes Confederate Flag patches

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2015 | 08:07 PM
perki48
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

Originally Posted by rizzo
Here's a real twist on the racism subject - search YouTube using the words

"Dave Chappelle The Black White Supremacist Full Video"

and yes it does contain the "N" word and often. I'm sure posting the link is verboten. I wish he was still on TV....
Isn't that something? The President can use the word but you can't provide a link on a motorcycle forum. I sure hate PC and how it has ruined the ability to communicate.

Old 07-03-2015 | 09:12 PM
rizzo
|
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Coolaid
**** hdf
Took the bait so far down you done got gut hooked.

Old 07-04-2015 | 04:06 AM
Phideux
Tourer

Originally Posted by DownGoesFrazier
WARNING: Long-winded post to follow.

As a newb, I was a little hesitant to jump in. But we just had an endless discussion about this at my work. It ended with us all agreeing FU and FU2. So I decided to take a closer look. To establish my credentials, I am a lifelong southern, church-going, hard-playing, motorsickle-ridin', middle-aged, white collar, white boy. I have visited many other nice areas of the country, but never wanted to live anywhere else.

First and foremost, the Stars and Bars is not the same as the battle flag:

Stars & Bars, the 1st National Flag

Battle Flag of the Army of Northern Virginia, the war flag

"Despite never having historically represented the CSA as a country nor officially recognized as one of the national flags, it is commonly referred to as "the Confederate Flag" and has become a widely recognized symbol of the American south.[32] It is also known as the rebel flag, Dixie flag, and Southern cross and is often incorrectly referred to as the "Stars and Bars".[33] (The actual "Stars and Bars" is the first national flag, which used an entirely different design.)"
(Wikipedia)

I can't agree that the war flag is not comparable to the Swastika at least in popular perception. Individual perception is individual truth regardless of accuracy. There is an undeniable visceral response to the battle flag on both sides of the issue. Just as with the swastika symbol, an ancient Hindu symbol of peace. The meaning of both have been corrupted by history both true and revised.

Unrevised historical comments such as:

Newspaper editor and flag designer, William T. Thompson said,
"As a people we are fighting maintain the Heaven-ordained supremacy of the white man over the inferior or colored race; a white flag would thus be emblematical of our cause."—William T. Thompson (April 23, 1863), Daily Morning News

In May 1863, when Thompson discovered that his design had been chosen by the Confederate Congress to become the Confederacy's next national flag, he was pleased. He praised his design as symbolizing the Confederacy's ideology and its cause of "a superior race", as well as for bearing little resemblance to the U.S. flag, which he called the "infamous banner of the Yankee vandals".

Writing for Savannah's Daily Morning News, Thompson stated:
"As a national emblem, it is significant of our higher cause, the cause of a superior race, and a higher civilization contending against ignorance, infidelity, and barbarism. Another merit in the new flag is, that it bears no resemblance to the now infamous banner of the Yankee vandals."
—William T. Thompson (May 4, 1863), Daily Morning News

For myself, if I wished to claim and display my heritage as a southerner, I would fly, tattoo, patch, paint, or whatever the 1st National, the Stars and Bars. One, because it was a true national flag of the CSA; two, because it is not immediately associated with racism fairly or unfairly; and third, because it would be funny to me (in a passive-aggressive dckhd kinda way) to be complimented by a PC Libtard on my interesting flag.

If you wave a German flag or the Stars and Bars, people are oblivious. But, you fly the Swashtika or the battle flag, and the knee jerk reaction prohibits any kind of civil discourse. I honestly urge fellow southerners who wish proclaim their heritage to raise the 1st National and let's move on.
Actually you aren't exactly right. The flag you show is the Army of Northern Virginia battle flag, what isn't showing up in your picture is the white border around it. This is also the same flag all the idiots are getting the sandy vaginas over at the SC statehouse.
The so called Confederate, or Rebel flag is actually he British Naval Jack, looks like the Army of Northern Virginia flag, except it is rectangular instead of square, without the white border. The stupid PC idiots don't even know what they are supposed to be protesting over. Try to tell them the truth about the Democrats and slavery and civil rights.

Old 07-04-2015 | 08:32 AM
DownGoesFrazier
Advanced

Interesting. So you're saying the Northern Virginia flag had a white border around the whole flag? I've never heard that. Send me a link to a pic or something. You're right to point out the issue in the shape, however. I was monkeying with the size of the image and it didn't turn out quite right. Thanks.

Old 07-04-2015 | 08:43 AM
Juan L

Here's a real twist on the racism subject - search YouTube using the words

"Dave Chappelle The Black White Supremacist Full Video"

and yes it does contain the "N" word and often. I'm sure posting the link is verboten. I wish he was still on TV....
He divorced his wife because she was a **BLEEEEP** lover....

Classic.

Old 07-04-2015 | 09:08 AM
LiiT
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Coolaid
**** hdf

There is not and has never been a "Swag" forum dude...

Took the bait so far down you done got gut hooked.

Another good one Rizzo but this one has actually gone sideways into some pretty good discussion. Bravo!

Old 07-04-2015 | 10:01 AM
Juan L

Old 07-04-2015 | 12:26 PM
TSheff
Seasoned HDF Member
Old 07-04-2015 | 03:51 PM
Phideux
Tourer

ANV

ANV

ANV

Naval Jack/rebel flag

Naval Jack/rebel flag

Naval Jack/rebel flag

See the difference???
One square, one rectangle. White border on the square one.
Which one do you see usually associated with the skinheads and KKK type groups????
Which one flies at the memorial on the SC Statehouse grounds????

Old 07-04-2015 | 04:52 PM
snipit
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Phideux
ANV

ANV

ANV

Naval Jack/rebel flag

Naval Jack/rebel flag

Naval Jack/rebel flag

See the difference???
One square, one rectangle. White border on the square one.
Which one do you see usually associated with the skinheads and KKK type groups????
Which one flies at the memorial on the SC Statehouse grounds????
It doesn't matter anymore! They're all banned!

Quick Reply: HDF removes Confederate Flag patches