The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Scary halloween face mask wearing riders

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2014, 10:34 PM
krusty1
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I can see a bandana, or some other face covering at highway speeds...but it just looks plain dopey ridin around a city wearin a stupid skull neoprene facemask at 35 mph on a 50+F day..if you need protection in such conditions you really need to be in a damn nursing home. ****, grow a beard, or a pair of nuts.

Old 07-20-2014, 11:44 AM
truckerdave
senior experienced all-knowing leader of the unwise
Received 347 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by Crazy Biker
I know a club that would take the guy in the picture as a member no questions asked. LOL

Old 07-20-2014, 12:14 PM
Lunch Meat
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WHO gives a rat's *** what anyone wears?? I DIDN'T wear my bandana on my face last year going to and from Sturgis. Partly sunny goin out and cloudy coming home. 700 miles each way, day out and day back. Had skin peeling off my face for a week. So I WILL have my face covered with one and if the OP or anyone else doesn't like it I could give a sh*t. So effing tired of the fashion police and keyboard commandos that want to ridicule or put down people for what they wear or ride. I wear my Carhart overalls and coat when its cold here in Iowa.. suppose that a no no too??

Old 07-20-2014, 12:19 PM
Lunch Meat
Tourer

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker

Somehow I doubt seriously any of you would have said a damn word to either of us about the bandana's, the fingerless gloves or the chaps .....

Like that pic Twizted. Grew up and watched guys like this.. guys like you that rode. Brotherhood, Respect. Helped each other when needed. Packed up and rode to wherever, whenever and just took what fit in the saddlebags. RIDE FREE!

Old 07-20-2014, 12:22 PM
hvacgaspiping
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 16,833 Likes on 8,588 Posts

Originally Posted by Ironclassic
I wear one when its cold out, because its hard to breathe when your doing 65 + mph, not to mention I had skin cancer removed from my face 3 times already.
`Be a real shame if you got breast cancer, though.... Whoops! `Sorry, I was looking at your avatar, LOL!

Old 07-20-2014, 12:28 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,970 Likes on 17,892 Posts

Originally Posted by Lunch Meat
WHO gives a rat's *** what anyone wears?? I DIDN'T wear my bandana on my face last year going to and from Sturgis. Partly sunny goin out and cloudy coming home. 700 miles each way, day out and day back. Had skin peeling off my face for a week. So I WILL have my face covered with one and if the OP or anyone else doesn't like it I could give a sh*t. So effing tired of the fashion police and keyboard commandos that want to ridicule or put down people for what they wear or ride. I wear my Carhart overalls and coat when its cold here in Iowa.. suppose that a no no too??
Insulated Carhartts are the bomb for cold riding gear, I had a set of WW2 bomber crew sheep skin bibs I used to wear when that pic of my bro & I was taken. Picked them up in a little out the way surplus place in some no name town I passed through.

Think of the conniption fits the fashion queens would be having now over that.

Old 07-20-2014, 12:30 PM
hvacgaspiping
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Greezey Rider
It's all too much for me....I'll just stick with my modular full face helmet and be done with it.
`Same here.

Old 07-20-2014, 12:40 PM
hvacgaspiping
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Artlee
I wear the classic black mask while riding. More practical with a hint of danger.
Here is a picture of me taking a break during a road trip to Laconia.
Now all `Ya need is a Zorro hat..

Old 07-21-2014, 04:33 AM
NoCoLoco
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Lunch Meat
I'm the OP, and I was simply curious as to why so many younger riders are wearing black bandanas over their faces all the sudden. I was taught to observe the world around me, to take notice in trends and patterns.... not just with people, but in nature as well. It has nothing to do with judging or being the fashion police, just simple observation and curiosity. No need to get all defensive and worked up over it.

Last edited by NoCoLoco; 07-21-2014 at 01:00 PM.
Old 07-29-2014, 03:26 PM
MagDump
Banned Idiot Asshole

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
The other guy is my youngest brother, 10 yr gap between us. Here's the kicker of the story the kid had been riding 6 weeks when that shot was taken and we where on the return leg of a 2300 mile Sturgis trip. Got back to my place in KC and he solo'd another 1000 to Baltimore on his own. Didn't have 500 miles under his belt before loading up and doing it. Was some good times.

I look back on that then read how badly people over think and over complicate **** today and can't help but shake my head and wonder where it all changed so bad. You just did it and had a good time at it.

It's because of the internet. Back in the late 70s and 80s when we mingled with other riders it was in person. You didn't do a lot of trash talking unless you were prepared back it up with your fists. That in itself caused people to be a lot more respectful of one another. There is no respect nowadays. Not in these internet forums anyway. Folk can mouth off all they want and get away with it. It's just the nature of the beast. and that's why I try not to waste too much time here. Most times I log on is when it's slow here at work. Just bored and looking for some amusement. --Dump