Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley announce new designer series

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 09:18 PM
fat_tony
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 168 Likes on 136 Posts
Default Harley announces new designer series Rocker and Crossbones

In an interview in this month’s Vogue magazine Harley Davidson stylist Willie G. Davidson and iconic fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld announced a collaboration between Harley Davidson and the designer to produce two new motorcycles as well as a line of apparel.

In the interview Willie G Davidson stated he and his long time partner, actor and poet, Simon Callow have long been close friends with the iconic fashion designer and his husband/manager, Jules Jonovitch. “Karl and I talked about working together for many years but it always seemed Karl was busy producing a collection for an upcoming fashion show or just busy with other projects, things just never seemed to come together for us” said Willie. “As a fan of couture and a stylist myself, I’ve always loved Karl’s sense of style and fashion so I feel so thrilled now that Karl is going be working more closely with Harley Davidson”. “Karl was instrumental in the design of the Cross Bones although he never got the credit he deserved for that” said Willie. “It was Karl’s idea to give it springer suspension to evoke the 1930's. Our engineers initially protested, like they do every time I want to lower a bike" laughed Willie "but they came through and got it to work. There is nothing else that is styled like a Harley Davidson motorcycle. That's what sets our brand apart."

As a first step, Karl will design a series of jackets, gloves, boots and chaps as well as produce special edition “Karl Lagerfeld” Rocker and Cross Bones motorcycles the custom shop will manufacture. These designer bikes will coordinate with the designer “Lagerfeld” apparel. Karl and his husband Jules Jonovich are no strangers to motorcycles and Harley Davidson. They are a common site cruising the streets of Paris together. Karl's current ride is the first in his designer series. The Lagerfeld series Cross Bones screams for attention with it’s black and white faux fur zebra skin seat, custom painted lavender, blue and cream tank and fender Karl himself is said to have painted, and abundant mirrored chrome.

“Fashion and motorcycles just seem to go together. A motorcycle like a Harley Davidson is a fashion item styled to provoke emotion in those who view it. I have always been inspired by the look of biker costumes like the tight motorcycle jackets with their huge lapels and many zippers as well as the rugged look of chaps. I often accessorize my suits with fingerless gloves” said and an obviously enthusiastic Karl, “I plan on taking these classic elements of motorcycling and injecting some modern twists, spirit and color from the fashion world” as he pointed to a picture of a male model wearing textured brown leather chaps and matching jacket he says was inspired by the one Marlon Brando wore in “The Wild Ones”. The jacket features upper and lower rocker patches on the back that say “Wild Ones” and ”America” along with a small diamond 1% MC patch. Harley stores will sell a line of mostly fingerless gloves to accessorize with. The fashion designer also pointed to the stylish “Cross Bones“ and "Rocker" boots he designed. "You could wear this out for an evening of dining or to the disco" he said.

Full article here......
http://www.vogue.com/culture/harley_...lagerfeld.html

Last edited by fat_tony; 04-07-2011 at 01:32 PM.
Old 03-31-2011, 09:33 PM
fat_tony
Ultimate HDF Member

.................................................. .

Old 03-31-2011, 10:20 PM
Kristy1980
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sooooo, inquiring minds wanna know...What the check are you doing reading Vogue magazine?!

Old 03-31-2011, 10:22 PM
fat_tony
Ultimate HDF Member

My wife spotted it.

Old 03-31-2011, 10:30 PM
NDBadlands4-2
Extreme HDF Member
Received 67 Likes on 57 Posts

Well finally, some clothes in the dealership that I will never want to get.

Old 03-31-2011, 10:48 PM
Bluetoys
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kinda reading between the lines here...
article seems a bit ghey leaning.

Old 04-01-2011, 04:58 AM
Kanebanger
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluetoys
Kinda reading between the lines here...
article seems a bit ghey leaning.
A couple of suits probably decided that the ghey biker was an untapped market.

Old 04-01-2011, 05:25 AM
bks
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think someone wanted to get an early start for April Fools Day........

Old 04-01-2011, 05:33 AM
Johan96
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

1st of April LOL

Old 04-01-2011, 07:49 AM
StreetGlider57
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Posted on March 31, but it sounds like an April Fool's joke.

Quick Reply: Harley announce new designer series