The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Iron Pigs Office sues Seattle Police.

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2010 | 09:48 PM
Stone1
Tourer

Captaincaveman & all,

To answer your question about cops carrying and not regular citizens and I'm not being sarcastic as you have a valid question. Generally speaking LEO's have much more training, not just with the firearms but more so with the legal points. The other thing is we just happened to have a legislature and President at the time who also believed this was another way to help keep Americans safer and the new law passed. Some states like TN are trying to change the law in that state to allow private citizens with CCW permits to carry in establishments which serve alcohol. I do not see a problem as long as the person is not intoxicated I also agree that the best policy is when carrying don't drink.

It would actually be great if the US Attorney General would issue an opinion as to what was meant by HR218, but it appears that the first of any case law was this case and in this case the judge appears to have ruled that HR218 would exempt LEOs from the state laws restricting CCW permit holders.

The Rapid City Journal covered this incident very well and they may have it archived. The bar owner stated they noticed an unusual gathering of HA in the bar and they called the local police just moments before the incident happened. There was no indication that the officer was intoxicated or that he did anything to provoke the attack other than the colors he was wearing.

Old 05-16-2010 | 10:31 PM
CRF
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Lincoln33
"everyone" that joins a Motorcycle Club and wears a vest with colors is a "poser gang member wannabe".
Precisely.

Old 05-16-2010 | 10:56 PM
BLKBAGGER
Outstanding HDF Member

I think the cop was using poor judgment going into a bar full of HAs wearing his Iron Pigs colors. Sounds to me like he was out looking for trouble and found some. Everyone that I know knows full well who the Iron Pigs are. I have many LEOs in my family and none of them are so stupid. I mean lets be real here. The same outcome could have happened had it been a Mongal going into the same bar. Or any other 1% patch holder. No respect given or received.

Old 05-16-2010 | 11:05 PM
DinoVelvet
Outstanding HDF Member

Mr. Smith claims he was “guilty until proven innocent,”

that sounds exactly like what they do to us on a regular basis....

Old 05-16-2010 | 11:24 PM
"Dutch"
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by jimmers1817
Most attempts to control what officers do in their private lives have been ruled unconstitutional. Not being able to be in a motorcycle club would certainly fall into that category imo.
Originally Posted by NR4TW
The Seattle cop should shut up and color. While his shooting was legally justified, it all could most likely have been avoided if he had simply not gone around emulating a motorcycle gang member. You can be a cop or a gang member, not both. He, and those like him, are an embarrassment to the LE profession. The cops I know all can't stand those idiots in their "cop gangs," and feel they are a huge disgrace.

I have no idea why cops tolerate other cops who run around in a Law Enforcement Motorcycle "Club." Would they tolerate cops wearing blue from head to toe and calling themselves Law Enforcement Crips? Would they tolerate cops wearing SUR 13 tattoos and calling themselves Law Enforcement Surenos? Would they tolerate cops wearing "laces and braces" and calling themselves Law Enforcement Hammerskins? I think not, so why tolerate cops that go out of there way to look and sometimes act like an outlaw motorcycle gang?

You want to be a cop, AND be in a motorcycle "club" then sack up and do something that takes some real courage like these guys:
http://www.azcentral.com/news/articl...usts27-ON.html
There has been a few responses to this comment quoted above. I would like to, again, add my two cents in support of NR4TWstatement. He has a very valid statement.

When I ride. I ride with whatever I am wearing that day. I do not support or advocate these LE three piece M/C's. I feel they are only asking for trouble; I Refer to the Sturgis incident.

links to support my next rant:

http://www.ironbrotherhoodmc.com/

The "Iron Brotherhood" are Law Enforcement Officers.......

When you look at the verbiage used on the site to promote members, their philosophy, and overall outlook of themselves. I see the same image on a "1%" website. So what is the difference?

Old 05-16-2010 | 11:26 PM
NR4TW
Tourer

Originally Posted by panz4ever
Maybe the police want to believe there is safety in numbers (humans have been doing that since the dawn of man). Never seen a Scrap, Crip or Blood infiltrate the police and start their own 'cop gang'. Maybe it is common for your area but then you have some larger problems don't you.
Obviously you missed my point. I wasn't saying Crips, Bloods or Skins are infiltrating LE. I was saying that a cop starting a Law Enforcement Motorcycle "Club" is analogous to starting a set of Law Enforcement Crips or a clique of Law Enforcement Surenos. The Law Enforcement Motorcycle "Clubs" are mimicking Outlaw Motorcycle Gangs. That was my point.

Old 05-16-2010 | 11:30 PM
NR4TW
Tourer

Originally Posted by Lincoln33
So with your line of reasoning "everyone" that joins a Motorcycle Club and wears a vest with colors is a "poser gang member wannabe".
Yep.
There are a lot of Clubs made up of war vets, fire fighters, medics, Christians, and various other professions that wear the same type of vest and colors as the LEO clubs.
Yeah, and they are all mimicking the Outlaw Motorcycle Gangs, and to use your language they are "poser gang member wannabes."
Are they in the same group as the LEOs or do you hold them to a different standard? Just Asking for clarification.
I hope the above was clear. The Law Enforcement Motorcycle "Clubs" are an embarrassment to the LE profession because they are in fact mimicking the Outlaw Motorcycle Gangs. As I said before they are no different than if a group of cops got together and wore all blue and called themselves Law Enforcement Crips, or wore laces and braces and called themselves Law Enforcement Hammerskins.

Clear enough for you?

Old 05-16-2010 | 11:31 PM
"Dutch"
Road Warrior

Old 05-16-2010 | 11:33 PM
NR4TW
Tourer

Originally Posted by noname
Americas freedoms really **** you off don't they? I mean your freedom to do as you wish is far more important to you than is others isn't it? Noname
I'm not pissed off by freedom. I support everyone's freedom to act like an immature idiot, doesn't mean I have to like it, or make them any less immature or any less an idiot. If you can't see the idiocy of cops running around looking and acting like gang members then you too are exercising the above mentioned freedom.

Old 05-16-2010 | 11:34 PM
"Dutch"
Road Warrior