The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Great, these patches could get my azz kicked

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 08:14 PM
JohnnyBravo
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Great, these patches could get my azz kicked

So, I'm lookin on e-bay for some patches for my jacket....i get to about the twentieth page of patches and come across these.(Top/bottom rocker minus the center patch) I know right then and there i have to have them.....i do a google search to see how common they might be, only to find out they dont exist anywhere....this is the only set available anywhere (now i really wanted them).....I win the auction for a fairly high price (I'm embarrassed to say how much, but i had to have them)......while i was waiting for them in the mail i tried more to find duplicates of these patches by searching 3 piece harley patch sets, which lead me to forum threads about putting top/bottom rockers on jackets and that its dangerous to your health...apparently MC's reserve the right to wear 3 piece patches..I had no idea....how disappointing because these patches rock!!!!!!

Last edited by JohnnyBravo; 11-15-2009 at 11:40 PM.
Old 11-15-2009, 08:24 PM
JimmySGC
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can't imagine the MC's or the 1%'rs giving a second look at a Harley patch. Seems they would be focusing more on the content of the patch than the patch itself. I'm no biker so I'm just guessing here.

Old 11-15-2009, 08:32 PM
NYBagger92
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

depending on where you reside, local LE might have an ordinance or administrative code against the three piece patch. even LE clubs have been labeled Outlaw by some cities. i know it is silly, but it exists.

Blue Knights are in talks, and litigation with some municipalities due currents laws.

i myself would recognize this patch set as a decorative, and non membership set... dare i say poser?? flame on! but some LEO may get a little trivial with it.

have fun and be safe.

Old 11-15-2009, 09:15 PM
fastjoe
Road Warrior
Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

I don't picture any MC, 1% or not, giving you a hard time about patches that say "Harley Davidson, Motorcycles". Now if you had a top and bottom rocker set that said say, Satans Barbers , California. Then they might have a problem with it.

Old 11-15-2009, 09:58 PM
Other Sheep
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Buy 'em. Put them on. If you die, let us know.

Old 11-15-2009, 10:01 PM
VTwin-Goodies
Sponsor
Received 1,949 Likes on 1,933 Posts

Put them on. I think you'll be okay. It would be a different story if the bottom patch said your state and the top something else.

Old 11-15-2009, 10:16 PM
old skool1983
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

the word idiot comes to mind...get real man

what is it with people thinkin this crap about 1%er clubs

Old 11-15-2009, 11:25 PM
JohnnyBravo
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by old skool1983
the word idiot comes to mind...get real man

what is it with people thinkin this crap about 1%er clubs
I read more than a few forum comments saying that wearing 3 piece patches was primarily reserved for MC's...(I had no idea, Ive never thought about it)...and furthermore that you may run into problems if you wear your areas dominant MC's colors.....well guess what (the word bonehead that speaks without knowing the facts) comes to mind!!!....lets see, you live in new port richey.....The clubhouse for the Outlaws MC is about 23 miles to your south...Their colors, BLack and White and The Black Pistons MC (a support club for the Outlaws) have a clubhouse about 20 miles to your north (their colors, Black and White).....I regularly see them on us 19....I wonder if any of them may take issue with my Black & White Three Piece Back Patch.....according to you i must be an idiot to think so.....I'll just tell them "Old School" said it was ok!!!!

Old 11-16-2009, 12:45 AM
jeff.georgalas
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

First off Johnny Bravo, you asked the question, so don't get offended when somebody gives you an answer. Me personally I'd wear whatever the hell I feel like wearing, I'm not looking for ANYBODY'S permission. Now, your patch doesn't say MC anywhere on it, so it doesn't matter. But if you're "that concerned" don't wear the ****. But then again, you've already put it on your jacket, so why bother asking now??

Old 11-16-2009, 01:21 AM
NSCoyote
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Dude dotn worry about it, honestly if anyone has issues with it * which i doubt will happen* they will first chat with you about it, if it offends them i nanyway they will ask you to pull them. but like i said i highly doubt your gonna have a problem with that ****. at least around here you wouldnt. wear them around unless someone confronts you about them dont worry so much

Quick Reply: Great, these patches could get my azz kicked