The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aren't we all just posers really?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2009 | 10:20 PM
stevengb
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by PastorTom
We posed with this old guy inna big hat once..
That guy HAS to be Charlie Daniels! love his music!

Old 01-10-2009 | 10:44 PM
murd
Road Warrior

Ok, here's my take...

Rhonda, you are no poser. I have read your posts for a while now and I think you and your husband are honest and real people. Just as Night Train, Pastor Tom, krwould, BigG, Juno and a slew of others are. Actually safe to say most folks here seem to me to be very "real" people. Nothing fake or posing about you or them.
If there is anyone on this forum or anywhere who think we are posers, I have yet to hear from them. I live in Haney BC., home of the HA's Haney chapter. Quite frankly, they are a private bunch, I do not judge nor do they. Are they real or are some of them just "posing"? Posing as what? Are we to be scary? Are we to act like Marlon Brando did in the Wild Ones? No, cause it's 2000and9 and we all just love Harleys. Just like my HA neighbours do. What ever else they do is none of my business and vice versa.
Stevengb said it well, if your wearing leathers and stuff to look like a biker and you don't actually ride one.... your posin. We wear them to protect our azz. Are we posers? Na, but who gives a ****e anyway.
...JMO.

Old 01-10-2009 | 10:56 PM
gunner11
Ultimate HDF Member

If it's 25 degrees in the morning and you can take either the bike or the car and you take the car.........You're a poser!

Old 01-10-2009 | 11:22 PM
krwould
Club Member
Veteran: Air Force

Originally Posted by gunner11
If it's 25 degrees in the morning and you can take either the bike or the car and you take the car.........You're a poser!
yeah right...whatever dude!!!!

Old 01-11-2009 | 08:17 AM
mojojones
Road Warrior

Seems the folks who say they are bikers all have to defend it with NOT wearing HD branded stuff,
and riding in cold weather and rain and through locusts and plagues and I don't know whatall ( little Andy Griffith humor there).......
I like my HD branded jacket and boots and it hurts my face to ride in the rain. I've done it, but I'd prefer to take the car.
If I have to worry about meeting all the requirements for being a biker I'd rather just keep being a poser and not have to worry about it all.

I'm a poser and happy about it.......there, I said it.

Last edited by mojojones; 01-11-2009 at 08:19 AM.
Old 01-11-2009 | 08:30 AM
IndyClassic
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by mojojones
Seems the folks who say they are bikers all have to defend it with NOT wearing HD branded stuff,
and riding in cold weather and rain and through locusts and plagues and I don't know whatall ( little Andy Griffith humor there).......
I like my HD branded jacket and boots and it hurts my face to ride in the rain. I've done it, but I'd prefer to take the car.
If I have to worry about meeting all the requirements for being a biker I'd rather just keep being a poser and not have to worry about it all.

I'm a poser and happy about it.......there, I said it.

Well that about covers it for me too........sign me up for the poser t-shirt. In the meantime, I will keep riding when I want (or can) and gladly accept my "poser" status.

Old 01-11-2009 | 10:13 AM
krwould
Club Member
Veteran: Air Force

Thought I would get the rigid ready for winter ridin!!!

Old 01-11-2009 | 12:49 PM
Seadog57
Advanced
Default You hit the nail on the Head!

Yes mam we all are posers at times to a degree.Lets face it none of would be ridiing Harleys if they werent cool, might as well be ridin a vespa. I know we have all posed beside our bikes with or without our friends because were are proud of it and have every right to be!I have pictures of me posing with my girl in the very first car I ever owned,of me with my Navy shipmates in Beruit some of who are no longer with us,me posing with my baby girls and my wife because Im proud and luv em all!

Old 01-11-2009 | 08:17 PM
Juno
Banned

Originally Posted by krwould
Thought I would get the rigid ready for winter ridin!!!

Looks like you got a nice shop there kr.

Old 01-13-2009 | 09:05 AM
pdxultra
Intermediate

All i can say is I am me...if you dont like me...screw you.....

Quick Reply: Aren't we all just posers really?