"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Anyone in the Ft. Lauderdale area offer some trip suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2013, 08:14 PM
beammeup
Road Master
Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Anyone in the Ft. Lauderdale area offer some trip suggestions?

I posted the following in the general area but someone suggested I post it here too, so there goes:

My brother and I decided today to fly into Ft. Lauderdale next Thursday and do a leisurely car road trip to Key West. I used to spend a little time in Hollywood Beach many years ago and I've been to Key West a long time ago. we are just going to drink beer, stay close to the beach to hang out, and hopefully not spend a ton on lodging, but on the other hand don't want to end up in any risky areas.
We'll be having a cocktail or two at each key on the way south and hope to find somewhere to stay near Duval street, key west. We will be driving but that won't preclude us from stopping at biker bars in addition to of course strip clubs.
any tips for lodging, ect., around Ft. Lauderdale and Key West would be appreciated.

Old 11-14-2013, 09:23 PM
Tom T-Bird
Road Captain
Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

Man if you are looking do do this without spending a lot on lodging then you have picked the wrong time of year. This is the season in the Keys. Any place you find that is not real expensive will be some kind of a dive. And the closer you get to Key West the more expensive it will get. But if you are willing to stay in Key Largo, about 90 minutes to Key West. I can recommend Popp's Motel. I stayed there a few years ago, it has a beach and is nice without being too expensive. Good luck on your trip.
Tom.

http://www.popps.com/

Old 11-14-2013, 10:14 PM
CBud
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Old 11-15-2013, 05:00 AM
beammeup
Road Master

Guys
thanks for taking the time to reply.
Your suggestions look good. I'll look into both

Old 11-15-2013, 07:02 AM
SoFla
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmmm... You don't want to end up in risky areas, but want to go to strip clubs? Gonna be hard to do both. just kidding.... To my knowledge, there are no risky areas in the Keys.... Just avoid staying over night in Miami.

Old 11-15-2013, 07:14 AM
SoFla
Outstanding HDF Member

Oh... Speaking of strip clubs.... Avoid the rooftop bar (Eden?) on Duval Street. It's clothing optional... My wife and I went up out of curiosity.... Only people there was a fully clothed couple sitting at the bar and a completely naked guy standing there talking to them... Weird.

Old 11-15-2013, 07:32 AM
SoFla
Outstanding HDF Member

Dupe...

Old 11-15-2013, 07:52 AM
GoPro Steevo
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by beammeup
We'll be having a cocktail or two at each key on the way south and hope to find somewhere to stay near Duval street, key west.
Dude,
If you have a cocktail or two at each key, you will never make it to Key West. Instead, I suggest that you strap yourself in, drive it like you stole it, and don't even slow down until you get to Key West. Then you fork over $200 for a hotel right near the center of Duval, no need to drive from here on.
NOW you are ready to party, and you will be glad you didn't waste any time getting there. Because face it, none of the other keys have what Key West has! Oh, and your new method of transportation is called the "Duval Crawl"...
...and be careful taking women back to your hotel. There is a REASON why some of them have deep voices!

Old 11-15-2013, 10:24 AM
beammeup
Road Master

NOW THAT IS SOME USEFUL TRAVEL INFO!

thanks, guys.