"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

2013 Ocala Rally - Any Interest?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2013, 08:53 AM
murph
Elite HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts
Default 2013 Ocala Rally - Any Interest?

Like cHarley has posted previously, there seems to be little interest in the rally this year. I know it's going to be a great time. Whether we have BBQ, games or not. Just the fact of all of us getting together and enjoying each other's company. Along with some of the best riding in the state. I have always enjoyed the riding in the Ocala area. I look forward to it every year. This is way I go up on Wed. Just so I can ride more.

Come on Crew... Remember the time a member rode up with a bright red gas can on the back of his bike because he ran out of gas on the way to the rally?....

Remember the memeber who wear a feather boa around neck while riding b!tch with another member?... (please someone post that pic)...

Remember watching members try to race on tricycles....lol

I remember walking around everynight looking around at all the members laughing and telling stories. There wasn't a member sitting alone. They were sitting in the conference room, along the walls, and even in the middle of the street. I remember listening to a member play on his banjo while we all enjoyed the songs. I remember the delicious oysters we had.

I remember waking up in the mornings hearing group after group crank up there Harleys and head out for a great day of riding.

I remember the group of crew members who met Paul at the Fl/Ga line coming into the hotel...

I remember just enjoying riding with fellow crew members on a relaxing loop around some horse farms and the back roads of Ocala.

I just remember a great time at every Ocala Rally I have attended.

Does anyone remember the three finger salute?....lol

Old 09-06-2013, 12:02 PM
GoPro Steevo
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Murph,
I think there is plenty of interest in the Rally, it just still seems so far away (about 60 days?).
But NOW is the time to start getting everyone fired-up, so you're doing the right thing. Don't worry too much, though. When it comes to RIDING and PARTYING, things have a way of coming together at the right time.

Old 09-06-2013, 02:45 PM
Tom T-Bird
Road Captain
Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

Murph

I am sure there is plenty of interest. I myself just got my time off approved so I and attend and will be making my reservation soon. See you there.

Tom

No Rules Just Ride!

Old 09-06-2013, 02:56 PM
cHarley
Club Member
Received 302 Likes on 231 Posts

Murph, do you know how many reservations have actually been made, not just what's been posted here?

Old 09-06-2013, 02:57 PM
flagirl
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I haven't been saying much due to life throwing me some major curveballs and just trying to keep my head about me.

Long story short, I'm making it this year - whether it'll be by bike or car remains to be seen, since I'm still not able to ride...yet. But, since I live in Gainesville now, how can I NOT make the 45 minute trip right down the road?

I'll be making my reservations soon...and can't wait to see everyone at the rally!

Old 09-06-2013, 03:34 PM
murph
Elite HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by cHarley
Murph, do you know how many reservations have actually been made, not just what's been posted here?
I'm trying to get the "third" manager to send me a list. I've called him twice and he tells me he is working on it. I'll try calling him again on Monday. It's like pulling teeth.

Old 09-06-2013, 07:04 PM
uklauren
Florida Crew Moderator
Received 3,390 Likes on 1,561 Posts

I'm still thinking about it. Will check the schedule at work next week and see if I can get off work. It should be ok for me.

Old 09-06-2013, 07:38 PM
SoFla
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good post murph to kick some asses. I'm reserved, but hope there" s a turnout.

Old 09-06-2013, 10:41 PM
CBud
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

DH and I are good to go. Bikes are running pretty well and reservations were made. C ya there.

Old 09-07-2013, 07:38 AM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 280 Likes on 215 Posts

It's just the wrong weekend for me .. Being Veterans Day Weekend have a couple plans that am committed to .. Is also the Toy Run on Saturday in Lake City which I helped Start from Day One 10 years ago and got better every year .. I do realize that extra day off for many is why it was picked and hope it is a big success . Is not the number of people that come that makes it good as long as you all have a good time ..

Quick Reply: 2013 Ocala Rally - Any Interest?