"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Orlando riders?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2013 | 10:40 PM
dlzannini
|
Intermediate
Default Orlando riders?

Anyone out there? I just got to town and have no idea where to go/ride/ or really anyone in the city lol. If you wanna ride or know of any bike nights around here let me know. I'm just east of the UCF campus.

Old 03-19-2013 | 08:17 AM

welcome to the crew I'm from just down the road in Kissimmee, can't stand to ride a round Orlando if you head west you will find some great riding, also if you see uride2 post you will want to ride with him you could learn a lot

Old 03-19-2013 | 09:30 AM
RoadKing2438
Road Master

Welcome. There are some pretty decent roads between you and the coast. I am actually west if you near Tampa. There is a Music & Bike Fest in Apopka on the 30th form noon to 10. Maybe try and make that one. There are also some nice roads east of O-Town. Just get out and explore and you can check Slicks Scooter Schedule of other local bike events.
http://www.apopkamusicandbikefest.com/
http://www.scooterschedule.com/

Old 03-19-2013 | 09:32 AM
Big Gator
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by dlzannini
Anyone out there? I just got to town and have no idea where to go/ride/ or really anyone in the city lol. If you wanna ride or know of any bike nights around here let me know. I'm just east of the UCF campus.
Welcome from down the road a piece in Fort Pierce along Florida's east coast.

Being east of UCF you are in a good spot to ride. Not sure what kind of riding you are looking for but a lot of nice roads out east of you and up toward Geneva. Even ride up to Osteen for breakfast/lunch at the

Like Nick said, If you want to ride then hook up with uride2. You can't go wrong there for serious riding. He only rides on days that end in "y" and normally only asks what day you got to be back.

Ride Safe - Have Fun

Old 03-19-2013 | 09:34 AM
Big Gator
Outstanding HDF Member

That's cool. Never seen it do a Google Maps link like that.

Old 03-19-2013 | 10:21 AM
uride2
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by dlzannini
not much on bike night,but tell me what day u want to ride and i`ll hook up and ride withu

just ride
harvey

Old 03-24-2013 | 01:13 AM
dlzannini
|
Intermediate

Great, thanks guys. Harvey, I'll be tooling around most of this week around the Orlando area. Thursday I'm heading to St Pete for a few days to do the VA thing. Then just riding getting ready for my trip to Houston in April. Shoot me a message with your email and we can plan a few rides between now and then.

Old 03-24-2013 | 08:41 AM
user_1534GD
Road Captain

Originally Posted by RoadKing2438
Welcome. There are some pretty decent roads between you and the coast. I am actually west if you near Tampa. There is a Music & Bike Fest in Apopka on the 30th form noon to 10. Maybe try and make that one. There are also some nice roads east of O-Town. Just get out and explore and you can check Slicks Scooter Schedule of other local bike events.

WARNING ABOUT APOPKA: This Town is LOADED WITH VERY TRICKY INTERSECTION CAMERAS... Almost impossible to ride through/around Apopka without getting tripped-up... Got a camera-ticket there while touring that eventually cost me $375+ and beaucoup time/hassle... If you ride in Apopka be EXTREMELY careful, especially about turning right-on-red... Even some of the Senior Apopka cops are fed-up with the camera policies... Many predict the financial ruin of Apopka and the downtown businesses due to the intersection-camera-harassment... AND KNOW/REMEMBER THIS: THERE IS NO DUE PROCESS WITH THESE THINGS...

Last edited by user_1534GD; 03-24-2013 at 08:50 AM.