"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

First Ride in Florida

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 08:38 PM
kel03
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,055 Likes on 4,358 Posts
Default First Ride in Florida

My first time down here riding, never seen so much disrespect for bikers. Down here in the St Pete Beach area, between old cagers and idiots in pick up trucks, either cutting you off or trying to run you over, no wonder you guys down here carry pieces ! Good thing my wife was with me, or I would have put the kickstand down at a light and went behind me with the idiot shouting out his window "move up", just having a few drinks and venting a bit. Nice night over at Steak Shake Night last night though.

Old 02-28-2013, 08:52 PM
lgenf
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome to our world

Old 02-28-2013, 10:03 PM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

Yeah, ya really have to watch those a-hole Canadian snowbirds, real dangerous. Feel like capping those fkrs sometimes. They are always surprised when you beat their disrespectful asses. They come to our country talk sht, ride like sht, drive like sht, never leave anyone a tip at a restaurant, complain about everything even though they come from a frozen desolate shithole. Funny people, those Canadians over there in St Pete. Be careful and welcome to Fla.

Old 02-28-2013, 10:04 PM
Rava
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'd offer to go riding with ya, but i had one of those old retired cagers park on top of my bike yesterday... and its going to be in the shop getting fixed for a few weeks...

luckily i have full video of the incident and her insurance has already accepted liability and has agreed to fix it... they have already given me a rental cage to drive as well. =/

dodge avenger... boring boring ride.

Old 02-28-2013, 10:33 PM
dan conner
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

masterblaster nailed it...some of them damn canadians have moved in down here on the texas coast as well. clowns have nothing else to do and tie up the golf courses walking and taking 6 hours to play a round. course, the only thing they have to look forward to is getting back to the RV and pissing and moaning about every thing to anybody that will listen. be glad when they go back home.

Old 03-01-2013, 03:12 AM
Clutch70
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I smell a troll.

Old 03-01-2013, 07:24 AM
Nokkon Wud
Grand HDF Member

Received 1,544 Likes on 839 Posts

The weekend after Easter when most go back north it will be back to normal. Right now it sucks riding around here.

Old 03-01-2013, 08:21 AM
Just Dave
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by kel03
My first time down here riding, never seen so much disrespect for bikers. Down here in the St Pete Beach area, between old cagers and idiots in pick up trucks, either cutting you off or trying to run you over, no wonder you guys down here carry pieces ! Good thing my wife was with me, or I would have put the kickstand down at a light and went behind me with the idiot shouting out his window "move up", just having a few drinks and venting a bit. Nice night over at Steak Shake Night last night though.
LOL, he probably wanted you to move up so he could get part of his truck on the sensor in the road so that the light would actually change. Don't judge Florida riding on St.Pete beach. You are 40 miles from any good riding down there and in Snowbird Heaven. Like the other guy said, it gets OK in that area when all the Canadians go back up north after easter.

Old 03-01-2013, 08:31 AM
uklauren
Florida Crew Moderator
Received 3,390 Likes on 1,561 Posts

Snowbirds and tourists just add to the the year round blue hairs and teens here who aren't watching the road while they sit behind a wheel in their cages.

Old 03-01-2013, 11:14 AM
Beak
Road Master
Received 285 Likes on 132 Posts

Funny....when we ride around SW Fl, We didn't have the same experience. Their have been some older ones that you wonder that they are thinking, but I worry far more about the more aggressive cages weaving in and out of traffic.
A lot of Canadian plates rolling around Fl......by the way, you do know you need an international drivers licence in Fl, if you are Canadian to be legal.

Florida Highway Patrol won’t enforce international driver’s permit rule
Your Ontario licence will do just fine, says state’s highway department, as Florida scrambles to soothe snowbirds in a flap over a misbegotten law.

People line up to get international driving permits at the CAA office in North York Feb. 14 after reports that Florida law requires visiting Canadians to have an international driver's licence.

Colin McConnell / Toronto Star

People line up to get international driving permits at the CAA office in North York Feb. 14 after reports that Florida law requires visiting Canadians to have an international driver's licence.

By: Alyshah Hasham News reporter, Published on Thu Feb 14 2013

This round goes to the snowbirds.
The Florida Highway Patrol will no longer be enforcing a state law requiring Canadian drivers to carry an international driving permit along with their drivers licence
Just mess'in with ya

Quick Reply: First Ride in Florida