"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Two Day Trip

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 02:39 PM
murph
Elite HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Two Day Trip

I'm thinking about doing a two day trip one weekend in the next couple of months. I want to leave early on Sat. and stay in Perry if possible. Then ride over to St. Augustine and then down along the beach as much as possible. I know I might have to shorten the route, but that is fine.

Here is a link of one a threw together.

Two Day Trip

I'm looking for input from the Florida Crew who knows better roads along the route. Please feel free to share. I'm not sure if you can change the route on the map or maybe you could put one together yourself and then post a link. This way I can see it instead of trying to figure out type...lol

If anyone wants to join in, you are more than welcome. I don't plan on does this until later in March or even in April.. This is just planning.

Thanks in advance.

Old 01-31-2013, 08:18 PM
themensh
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts

Looks like a tiring two days. If it is an endurance test......fine. Other than that....doesn't look enjoyable. Not to say you should not do it. Just not for me.

Old 01-31-2013, 09:34 PM
uklauren
Florida Crew Moderator
Received 3,390 Likes on 1,561 Posts

it's about 7 hours to Tallahassee Murph maybe a little more going up the east coast and across.

Old 01-31-2013, 10:22 PM
murph
Elite HDF Member

I mentioned the route would probably be shortened. It's just an outline. I was hoping some members who ride any areas along the route could give me better roads to ride. I'm not trying to make a marathon run. I just enjoy riding. I'm not much on drinking.

Old 01-31-2013, 10:41 PM
Just Dave
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

You have some really aggravating places to ride marked from Acardia on to Perry. Are you Hell bent on going to Yoders in Sarasota? If so, thats fine but I can get you on some way better roads to ride north of there so you won't have to mess with so many red lights. Zephyrhills and Brooksville are both agravating to ride through for instance. Just let me know about the Yoders thing and we can go from there. Dependent on when you ride I might ride for a ways with you in this area.

Old 02-01-2013, 08:29 AM
Big Gator
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Like others have said, I guess it depends on what your goals are. There are a lot of good roads out east of the Sarasota/Bradenton area. West of Nacotee take CR 661 (nice road) up to 72 then go right toward Arcadia. Left on 70 then back north again on CR661. Stay the course past Herb's Limestone Country on into Ona on 64. Left to Duette Rd to Hwy 62. Left to Bunker Hill Rd. Not Bunker Hill Loop which turns to dirt about a mile into it though it is less than a mile of dirt. That will get you to 674 where you can tag back into your route.

Another idea would be to push further west than Perry on Hwy 98 and take in some of the Big Bend Scenic Byway.

Just ideas, Not necessarily good ones. Like Dave mentioned it will help you miss a ton of traffic lights and take in some nice scenery along the way.

Ride Safe -- Have Fun

Old 02-01-2013, 08:49 AM
uride2
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by themensh
Looks like a tiring two days. If it is an endurance test......fine. Other than that....doesn't look enjoyable. Not to say you should not do it. Just not for me.
Yo Barb`s Main Squeeze
High Brigde roar still being worked on?
harvey

Old 02-01-2013, 09:53 AM
bikenut1957
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,069 Likes on 701 Posts

You just missed where I'm at. Post up the dates and I might go some of the way anyway

Old 02-01-2013, 12:05 PM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 280 Likes on 215 Posts

If stay in Perry can guide you from there or meet you in Mayo if take 27 S and show you a good scenic route east to St Aug, and even know a few options to shorten and speed it up if looks like taking too long the scenic way ....

Old 02-01-2013, 01:16 PM
murph
Elite HDF Member

Thanks guys/gals. Keep it up. I will make changes to the route if you will give me the route. thanks.

I don't have any dates as of yet, but will post them when I know for sure.

Quick Reply: Two Day Trip