"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Backroads of Florida

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2012 | 06:41 AM
HDJaco
|
Road Captain
Default Backroads of Florida

I am visiting family in Crystal River for Thanksgiving and rather than riding up the Turnpike, like I usually do, I was thinking about making a day of it and do all secondary roads. Can anyone suggest a route that they have taken in this general direction? I am leaving from South Florida and was considering starting the ride on US 27 and heading north through the Lake Placid area but from that point I'm not sure which roads will offer the best ride.
Any help and suggestions would be appreciated.
BTW - I'm rolling out of Fort Lauderdale Wednesday morning, anyone wishing to ride along for part or all of the ride is welcome

Old 11-15-2012 | 07:19 AM
Big Gator
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by HDJaco
I am visiting family in Crystal River for Thanksgiving and rather than riding up the Turnpike, like I usually do, I was thinking about making a day of it and do all secondary roads. Can anyone suggest a route that they have taken in this general direction? I am leaving from South Florida and was considering starting the ride on US 27 and heading north through the Lake Placid area but from that point I'm not sure which roads will offer the best ride.
BTW - I'm rolling out of Fort Lauderdale Wednesday morning, anyone wishing to ride along for part or all of the ride is welcome
wait for it...

any minute now...

Old 11-15-2012 | 08:35 AM
Big Gator
Outstanding HDF Member

Sorry about that. I would of guessed someone else would of chimed in with better information.

I wish I could make part of the ride with you as there are some nice roads the way you are headed.

Just a quick idea since you are coming up 27 consider taking the Ridge Scenic Highway up to the Ronald Reagan Parkway (CR 54) across Dean Still Rd to Rockridge Rd then south to Hwy 98. North to 471 up to 301 to 44.

Hopefully that will get the plan moving for you. There are other ways out through there. That is just one way. I am sure there will be more input for you.

Ride Safe -- Have Fun

Old 11-15-2012 | 09:48 AM
uride2
Outstanding HDF Member

what,day,time,and where u leaving from,i know a short cut.
just ride
harvey

Old 11-15-2012 | 10:03 AM
Big Gator
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by uride2
just ride
harvey
There it is!

Old 11-15-2012 | 10:27 AM
HDJaco
|
Road Captain

Originally Posted by uride2
just ride
harvey
Wednesday morning, day before thanksgiving, out of Fort Lauderdale.

Old 11-15-2012 | 10:28 AM
HDJaco
|
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Big Gator
There it is!
... As mentioned in my original post

Old 11-15-2012 | 10:28 AM
HDJaco
|
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Big Gator
Sorry about that. I would of guessed someone else would of chimed in with better information.

I wish I could make part of the ride with you as there are some nice roads the way you are headed.

Just a quick idea since you are coming up 27 consider taking the Ridge Scenic Highway up to the Ronald Reagan Parkway (CR 54) across Dean Still Rd to Rockridge Rd then south to Hwy 98. North to 471 up to 301 to 44.

Hopefully that will get the plan moving for you. There are other ways out through there. That is just one way. I am sure there will be more input for you.

Ride Safe -- Have Fun
Thanks

Old 11-15-2012 | 10:41 AM
uride2
Outstanding HDF Member

Wednesday morning, day before thanksgiving, out of Fort Lauderdale.
Sounds like a great Just ride Wed,can u give me alittle more info ,and u don`t mind some company i`ll ride up there with u.
just ride
harvey

Old 11-15-2012 | 10:43 AM
Big Gator
Outstanding HDF Member

... As mentioned in my original post
Harvey knows some great back roads and loves to ride. I was confident he would offer his guide service. You can't ask for a better deal.

Hope you like roller food.

Ride Safe -- Have Fun

Quick Reply: Backroads of Florida