"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

My Apologies to the Crew

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2012 | 08:29 AM
murph
|
Elite HDF Member
Default My Apologies to the Crew

It has been brought to my attention that my motives for organizing the Rally and BBQ are being questioned. The handling of the monies for the event.

There is one thing in my life I value over everything else.. That's my integrity. I have never taken anything from anyone in my life. It bothers me greatly to think you guys/gals think I would ever take or do anything with your money except what we agreed upon. If I could give all of this to some one else, I would.

I know I have been pushing to try to get the money, but that was only because I was worried there would be no BBQ. If that gave people reason for concern, I'm sorry. I have done nothing but give to the crew, and this news really hurts. I know not all feel that way, but if anyone feels that way, it bothers me. I know you can't please everyone, but having my integrity questioned is different. I have a list of every penny sent to me and I'm willing to show anyone at any time. I can account for all the money.

I was going to wait for the rally, but thought it would be better to mention it now. I don't want to bring the rally down, so mentioning it now is better. I'm not looking for thank yous, and stuff like that. I'm not looking for, "I dont' feel that way". I want people to be honest and tell me, "murph, I don't trust you". I have not given the money to the BBQer yet. If anyone wants, and can, take this over, please let me know and I will forward all the money to you. I have 40.00 in cash and the WPB guys are suppose to meet me today to give me 140.00 towards the BBQ. I have no other motive except making this rally happen for the crew.

After this rally, I'm done. I will never organize, assist or do anything envolving money again. Please except my apology and try to believe I only had the Florida Crew's best interest at heart. I just can't have my integrity questioned. It is the only thing in your life that only you can take away, and once it's gone you never get it back.

To the Florida Crew, I"M SORRY..

Murph

Old 10-18-2012 | 09:30 AM
tbone9044
Advanced

Wow Murph, it really sucks that some people would question your integrity with this stuff. This will be my first Rally with you guys but I can see nothing more than complete integrity and professionalism in the handling of the money and the accounting of it....It's really weird how people will bitch, whine, and complain and never volunteer their time or energy to make something happen, but when someone steps out and says "i'll take care of it", gets the job done...it's questioned. That's complete bullshit.

I for one, am super appreciative of your efforts, as well as Dave with the T-Shirts, for making this stuff happen. And getting us a super cheap rate at the hotel.

Not really sure what else to say except for those who question someones effort with this stuff should not participate, simple as that.

Old 10-18-2012 | 10:26 AM
BUIZILLA
Tourer

if someone's THAT worried about you holding $40 to be spent later on a BBQ, they don't need to associate with the Crew, and ANY crew

outemout

march on man

Old 10-18-2012 | 10:39 AM
lgenf
Outstanding HDF Member

you still owe some of us...................

I bike wash in your bikini!

Old 10-18-2012 | 10:54 AM
SoFla
Outstanding HDF Member

Not this **** again... I have complete faith in you, and trust your integrity....

Old 10-18-2012 | 11:12 AM
Just Dave
Ultimate HDF Member

There is always going to be at least one in every crowd. Don't let them get you down. The other 99.9% of us are fine with you handling the money and Appreciate all the work and effort you have put into the Rally this year.

Old 10-18-2012 | 11:52 AM
kimbo
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Just Dave
There is always going to be at least one in every crowd. Don't let them get you down. The other 99.9% of us are fine with you handling the money and Appreciate all the work and effort you have put into the Rally this year.
Roger That!

Old 10-18-2012 | 12:12 PM
PoorBoy
Outstanding HDF Member

Geeeeeeze Murph....... Don't let this kind of crap bother you.

Chin up, walk tall. Not quite sure what you’re trying to apologize for…. For not doing this next year? No one assumes that you are doing this next year.

As others have said, you can’t please everyone. Don’t over-analyze, don’t over-justify, it is what it is.

Folks who don’t want to pay for BBQ don’t get to eat it. The Room suite got auctioned (like the last couple of years), we have T-Shirts and Patches being championed by veteran Crew members, all looks pretty good.

We will make our own good time and we are all excited to get together. You are stressing over stuff that only (apparently) a few care about.

Old 10-18-2012 | 12:23 PM
murph
|
Elite HDF Member

Please understand that integrity in my job can make you or break you. Even if only by one person. I don't care about people questioning why I did this or chose this person or this hotel. I have a problem when anyone questions my integrity.

If anyone reading this has questions, please send me a PM and give me a chance to explain. That's all I'm asking.

And a big thanks to you all for your support.

Old 10-18-2012 | 01:15 PM
uride2
Outstanding HDF Member

What the Apologies 4,and where is it,Glad u didn`t bring it up.Just ride Murph

Quick Reply: My Apologies to the Crew