"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Riding Together

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 10:42 PM
pccoder
Road Warrior
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Riding Together

As I'm based out of Melbourne and don't yet know any of you yet personally,I'd be honored if you'd join my new website www.ridingtogether.com.

It's sole purpose is to allow users to plan rides and have members be given the ability to say "hey, I'd like to join you on that ride"

You can search for members, rides, events and of course add them as well.

I hope to see many of you become members soon. Thanks for your support

Chris

Last edited by pccoder; 10-12-2012 at 10:44 PM.
Old 10-13-2012, 12:11 AM
SoFla
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmmm... That's what we do right here. You're welcome to join us, but personally, the last thing I need is another website to follow.

Old 10-13-2012, 03:31 AM
uride2
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pccoder
As I'm based out of Melbourne and don't yet know any of you yet personally,I'd be honored if you'd join my new website www.ridingtogether.com.

It's sole purpose is to allow users to plan rides and have members be given the ability to say "hey, I'd like to join you on that ride"

You can search for members, rides, events and of course add them as well.

I hope to see many of you become members soon. Thanks for your support

Chris
Sounds like another Chief lookin for a Tribe
just ride
harvey

Old 10-13-2012, 06:11 AM
SoFla
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by uride2
Sounds like another Chief lookin for a Tribe
just ride
harvey
Lol. Maybe he rides an "Indian"...

Old 10-13-2012, 09:36 AM
themensh
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts

How come you don't know us yet? Post a ride...and see who shows up. I like that ride along tropical trail.

Chuck

Old 10-13-2012, 10:28 AM
pccoder
Road Warrior
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Sorry you feel this way. I'm just a professional software developer with years of experieince, thought I could help bring something to the table. This website (HDforums) is a forum. That is NOT my goal with ridingtogether.com. My goal is to help easily bring people together without all the drama that often comes with a web forum. I allow you to build ride plans (visually) and map out where you're going to go, what stops you plan to make, etc. HDForums does not equal RidingTogether.

This is a great place to find people, but my goal has a much larger target market, and the value I hope to bring should outweigh the ability to simply post remarks back/forth on a web forum. IMHO forums are overdone.

I wanted to take what I've learned and build something that is truly useful. If you're not interested, that's cool. I hope to see you join nonetheless. You don't know if you don't try.

Thanks,
Chris

Old 10-13-2012, 11:19 AM
kimbo
Outstanding HDF Member

Chris, I don't think this is the place to market your wares as you will soon find out.

Old 10-13-2012, 02:42 PM
uride2
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by pccoder
Sorry you feel this way. I'm just a professional software developer with years of experieince, thought I could help bring something to the table. This website (HDforums) is a forum. That is NOT my goal with ridingtogether.com. My goal is to help easily bring people together without all the drama that often comes with a web forum. I allow you to build ride plans (visually) and map out where you're going to go, what stops you plan to make, etc. HDForums does not equal RidingTogether.

This is a great place to find people, but my goal has a much larger target market, and the value I hope to bring should outweigh the ability to simply post remarks back/forth on a web forum. IMHO forums are overdone.

I wanted to take what I've learned and build something that is truly useful. If you're not interested, that's cool. I hope to see you join nonetheless. You don't know if you don't try.

Thanks,
Chris
oops
just ride
harvey

Last edited by uride2; 10-13-2012 at 02:58 PM.
Old 10-13-2012, 03:02 PM
Just Dave
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

If y'all will think back a ways you will remember that Chris use to post on here some. He has a White Heritage. Chris, we tried doing a separate website ourselves (http://www.flcrew.com/) for a while and it just kinda died out and everybody returned here. For our purposes, this place works out great. You should join us for a ride sometime. I know folks all over the state that I can count on if I run into trouble out on the road because of this forum. Our relationships with one another are a little more personal than some faceless list on the web. I would also caution you about spreading this link on forums as it appears that it is a business venture for you at face value and advertising is prohibited on most forums with the exception of active sponsors. If that is not the case then carry on and good luck to you on your new endeavor. You should have a preview of some of the functions without having to sign up to see how it works. I was particularly interested in the ride planner and wanted to look at that but it just defaulted me to registration. Otherwise, Your site looks good and is easy to navigate so kudos to you for a job well done.

Old 10-13-2012, 07:34 PM
dedjr67
Road Master

Chris my wife and I are in Palm Bay. If you want to get a ride together send me a PM I am available most days from 8am till 2pm.

Quick Reply: Riding Together