"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

I need cheap but decent tires...

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2012, 03:48 PM
bkelly1956
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I always buy online...have found the best prices from MC Superstore or Jake Wilson. Both were free shippling.

Old 09-06-2012, 01:32 PM
collin
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by pbulls
Try J&P Cycles, just bought some Shinko's. There were Yokohama before it burned to the ground and the Koreans bought the mold. Good tire and very inexpensive. Just bought a set for my girls fatboy. Under $160 for two...
I've been running Shinko's on my RK for a year now, no problems and very smooth on turns, I don't get the buzzing through the bars when I'm on the side of the tread.

Old 09-06-2012, 02:20 PM
cHarley
Club Member
Received 302 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by collin
I've been running Shinko's on my RK for a year now, no problems and very smooth on turns, I don't get the buzzing through the bars when I'm on the side of the tread.
Out of curiosity and because "a year" is only relative in terms of dry rot, how many miles are on the year old tires and how much tread is left?

The only person I know that ran a set of Shinko's and has the same bike and riding style as I do (apples to apples comparison) got a little less than 1/2 the tire mileage than what I get from a set of Metz 880's or Dunlop E3's.

Old 09-06-2012, 04:12 PM
HDRick
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cheap, but decent and you want them to last and be safe with free delivery. Good luck. Sounds like things could get dangerous.

Old 09-06-2012, 05:26 PM
Big Gator
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by collin
Average annual mileage is about 1800. What is your mileage?

Old 09-06-2012, 06:01 PM
Lucero1
Road Master

My local Indy can put me on Michelin Commander II's for $265, which is about $10 more than I can get them online, so I will go with those.

His shop uses and sells Ride On sealant and balancer, which does the same as dyna beads, from what I've red, but also stops leaks. I will give it a shot.

Thanks for all the help, y'all.

Old 09-06-2012, 06:01 PM
Lucero1
Road Master

My local Indy can put me on Michelin Commander II's for $265, which is about $10 more than I can get them online, so I will go with those.

His shop uses and sells Ride On sealant and balancer, which does the same as dyna beads, from what I've red, but also stops leaks. I will give it a shot.

Old 09-06-2012, 06:16 PM
sprinklerape
Cruiser

Just put commander II's on my heritage a week ago. To early to give real feedback, but so far so good. Seem to have a little more feel than dunlops.

Old 09-06-2012, 06:18 PM
cHarley
Club Member
Received 302 Likes on 231 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Lucero1

Excellant!! The new Commander II's have been getting real good reviews so far. I'm anxious to see their real world mileage numbers once people start wearing them out.

Old 09-08-2012, 06:27 AM
pbulls
4th Gear

Also remember, her bike is a 2000 and the tire size is smaller than the new bikes. But still a good price. The bike shop out where I live sell them and use them for their drag racing harleys. No complaints....

Quick Reply: I need cheap but decent tires...