"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Daytona Bikeweek Ticketing Cameras

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2012, 06:29 PM
cwsharp
Stellar HDF Member
Received 152 Likes on 112 Posts
Default Daytona Bikeweek Ticketing Cameras

Here is a list of automated ticketing cameras in Daytona that I poached from a facebooks site:

Red Light Cameras for Bike Week. The following the author can confirm are ticket producing Red Light Cameras

Nova Road and Mason Ave, Daytona Beach
Nova Road and International Speedway Blvd, Daytona Beach
Nova Road and Bellevue Ave, Daytona Beach
International Speedway Blvd and Ridgewood Ave (US 1), Daytona Beach
International Speedway Blvd and Clyde Morris Blvd, Daytona Beach
International Speedway Blvd and Indigo Drive, Daytona Beach

This list below the author can’t confirm if these are ticketing cameras or simply traffic flow cameras. Be careful anyway
Nova and Flomich St., Holly Hill
Mason and Ridgewood Ave (US1), Holly Hill
Ridgewood and Flomich St., Holly Hill
LPGA and Nova, Holly Hill
LPGA and Ridgewood, Holly Hill
Wilmette Ave and North US 1, Ormond Beach
Dunlawton and Ridgewood, Port Orange
Clyde Morris and Emery Riddle University, Daytona Beach
Clyde Morris and Bellevue, Daytona Beach

Old 02-10-2012, 07:48 PM
themensh
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts

In Daytona, all 'camera' lights have a warning sign before you get to the traffic signal.
I can see a bunch of bikes getting tickets, as they are riding in groups and trying to stay
together through a light.
Traffic cameras are the wave of the future. Apply your brakes on a yellow, to get ready to stop at a red light. No big deal.

chuck

Old 02-11-2012, 05:01 AM
golfmajic
Road Captain
Location: Ottawa, Canada, summer, Daytona Beach Florida, winter
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I don't really know how many tickets these cameras produce here in Daytona but I can say probably not enough. You can stand at just about any light around here and be guaranteed to see one, two or more vehicles pass through on a red, or ya stop signs are a joke as well.
If the area ever went on a traffic violation campaign (and they have enough cops) they could wipe out any financial deficit.
My advice is be careful riding around Florida.

Oh yes Bikeweek, the Cops are out and for the most part fair enough. The Cops walk and ride Segways up and down Main Street, not a good place to be showing the crowds you loud pipes, how well you bike burns out or how well you can jump the front wheel, you stand a better than average chance of having a run in with the law. Over many events I have witnessed all of these things, only ever seen one fight on Main Street during an event.

Last edited by golfmajic; 02-11-2012 at 05:05 AM.
Old 02-11-2012, 05:22 AM
davidw221
Supporter
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I read in one of the Police on line sites, Daytona Police is suffering from Budget issues, and things like bike week are a burden on the Budget.
Overtime is the issue, so the City is looking for revenue enhancement or ticketing to make up for the deficent in their budget.
The comment of several City counsel people is, THEY WANT TO END THE BIKE WEEK!
So in my estimation, tickets will be the way the Daytona Police Department will pay for their overtime.
I'm not going, or will ever go anymore, heard they don't care if your a LEO from elsewhere or not, your getting ticketed too!

Old 02-11-2012, 11:08 AM
mustasz
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Bike Week and Biketoberfest brings too much money to the area, city counsil knows it,
they won't stop it.

Old 02-11-2012, 02:49 PM
golfmajic
Road Captain
Location: Ottawa, Canada, summer, Daytona Beach Florida, winter
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mustasz

Bike Week and Biketoberfest brings too much money to the area, city counsil knows it,
they won't stop it.
THEY WANT TO END THE BIKE WEEK!
NEVER HAPPEN, Biketoberfest and Bike Week just bring in WAY to much money to the local economy.Just try and get a room on those weeks, walk down Main Street any week except for those 2 weeks and you are likely to be by yourself, on Bike Weeks you can't move on Main Street or Beach Street as far as that goes.

OH YA, the economy SUCKS big time down here right now!

Old 02-11-2012, 08:15 PM
themensh
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by davidw221
I read in one of the Police on line sites, Daytona Police is suffering from Budget issues, and things like bike week are a burden on the Budget.
Overtime is the issue, so the City is looking for revenue enhancement or ticketing to make up for the deficent in their budget.
So in my estimation, tickets will be the way the Daytona Police Department will pay for their overtime.
I'm not going, or will ever go anymore, heard they don't care if your a LEO from elsewhere or not, your getting ticketed too!
Having lived, permanently in Daytona area since 1996...I have never been ticketed or targeted by the Daytona Beach police department. I have, on occasion been ticketed by the county police for speeding. Suffice it to say, if you ride within the law, you will have a good time. Ride with a tail light out?...don't blame the police for getting pulled over. (Police do not make up laws, they enforce them)

chuck

Old 02-11-2012, 08:16 PM
davidw221
Supporter
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Further research, The Red Light project expects to raise $3,000,000 FY 2012, Man, if your going to Daytona don't even fart wrong, you will be paying the price.
I'd watch the open container issues there too, there looking to raise all of this revenue to help support the public safety, which includes the Fire Department and Ambulances.
All on the backs of this Red Camera Project. They spend $750,000, and their damn sure their going to get their money back on their investment!