"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

HD LED Headlamp

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 12:19 PM
reesestewww
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Question HD LED Headlamp

I noticed yesterday a couple of you had the HD LED Headlamp and Passing lamps. Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to see them fired up. What's the real deal with people saying they're not visible during the day time?

Old 01-22-2012, 10:43 PM
HDRick
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have "NEVER" had anyone tell me they can't see them in the daytime after they have ridden with me. People see them, LED lights, and love their visibility in daylight. Most just don't seem to like the price of the HD LED lights.

Old 01-23-2012, 05:00 AM
Sefferdog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have ridden a couple miles with Rick and I can confirm that his lights are very easy to see in the daytime.

Old 01-23-2012, 05:06 AM
Karnevil
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

HIDs for me! fraction of the cost and brighter than the sun! I got them on my Chrysler 300 and my HD! never own anything with out them again. maybe LEDs if they come down in price! WOW!$$$$$

Old 01-23-2012, 07:26 AM
SoFla
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine are bright during the day. At night I like low beam in all situations... Maybe the fact that the passing lamps are on too, but I can see a lot better. High beam seems to light up overhead signs better, but not distance.

Old 01-23-2012, 07:38 AM
reesestewww
Outstanding HDF Member

Thanks guys. I read in the touring forum many folks saying the're not visible during day vs. the truck light. The TL may be much less, but I just can't get over the looks of thing. The HD headlamp and passing lamps look so much better. As for lighting up the road, both appear to get rave reviews.... I'll just save my pennies.

Old 01-23-2012, 07:49 AM
mrjimbo
Tourer

Love my LED's. Not only do the LED's give a much more natural white light out and increased vision at night, they consumer less power. Power consumption gets more important to the tourist bike with gadgets(GPS, Satradio, Radar detector, charging your phone, power for your SPOT unit, etc...).
I would like to wire the spots so they run while high beam is on though, the spots work for me 90% of the time. Never have had anyone tell me they couldn't see me.......riders that is.....

Old 01-23-2012, 06:47 PM
bulldogmoe7
Ultimate HDF Member

just watched the video, get em if you can. dont know if you recall i had the HID light on mine and i had to lead the group though card sound heading to the keys, cause no one wanted me in the back, cause i was to bright. those are insane
HD LED LIGHTS
if some have not watch the video.

Old 01-23-2012, 06:50 PM
reesestewww
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by bulldogmoe7
just watched the video, get em if you can. dont know if you recall i had the HID light on mine and i had to lead the group though card sound heading to the keys, cause no one wanted me in the back, cause i was to bright. those are insane
HD LED LIGHTS
if some have not watch the video.
I do recall. Was a little testy at times but when it was on it lit the road for sure! I'll check out the vid. thanks

Old 01-23-2012, 06:52 PM
bulldogmoe7
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by reesestewww
I do recall. Was a little testy at times but when it was on it lit the road for sure! I'll check out the vid. thanks
yea for some reason it didnt want to fire up right away had to flip the bright to low a few times. your very welcome

Quick Reply: HD LED Headlamp