"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Arizona ride - final count

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2012, 01:17 PM
redman53
Elite HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 01-17-2012, 08:42 PM
GoPro Steevo
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I'll be doing all the "required reading" that I can, these next couple of days. I just got my wisdom teeth taken out this morning, so I'll be resting at home for the remainder of the work week. Spent a good portion of today going over the great info Dale and Dean posted for us...
http://flcrew.com/arizona/

There is a link on the page to the "Windemere" hotel near Dean's house. The rates are very good, I'm ready to pull the trigger on a room. Do we have a consensus that says we will be leaving Florida on Friday, April 6th, and expect to arrive in Mesa, AZ on Monday, April 9th? We can save an extra 15% on our stay, if we book at least 14 days in advance.
So the next thing that I must bring up is our "Check-out" date. Dale said he needs to be home by the 22nd, and so do I. And I'm sure that none of us will want to leave Arizona at all, but my gut tells me that we should probably check-out of Mesa on Sunday, April 15th. That way we could possibly schedule an overnighter in Bisbee on the way home, or something else such as that. Please chime in with your thoughts on the Windemere (6 night stay is only $407.88 +tax) and on the dates in question. Thanks, Steevo

Old 01-18-2012, 05:31 AM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 280 Likes on 215 Posts

Good point Steevo .. My plan is staying in South AZ on the way, then going back up to Mesa with the Crew after they do the Tombstone Run .. My understanding is that is the first run down that way then the rest of time will be headed points North of Mesa .. I screwed up on communications with Dale this past Sunday about getting together .. but we will make it work soon ..

Old 01-18-2012, 12:24 PM
1of2
"Moderator"
Received 951 Likes on 341 Posts

Steevo we have been waiting for a final count to see if Dean can get us a group rate at the hotel. Looks like there is only 5 of us going so I doubt that will happen but I would wait until Dean gives us the word to make reservations. If anyone else is going with us you might want to commit NOW so we can make final plans. I am going to try to get a meetup ride together for the 5 of us someplace central to go over how we want to handle the details. Steevo I need to Facebook friend you too if you use Facebook.

Old 01-18-2012, 12:43 PM
GoPro Steevo
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by 1of2
I am going to try to get a meetup ride together for the 5 of us someplace central to go over how we want to handle the details. Steevo I need to Facebook friend you too if you use Facebook.
Sounds good. My Gmail is stevenlomb, my facebook is stevenlomb. You can try the FB link on my HDForums posts, it should work.

Old 01-18-2012, 07:13 PM
SoFla
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I plan on going. Working out the logistics with my boss right now to be covered while I'm out for 2 weeks.

Old 01-18-2012, 07:34 PM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by SoFla
I plan on going. Working out the logistics with my boss right now to be covered while I'm out for 2 weeks.

Cool ...

Old 01-19-2012, 02:24 AM
1of2
"Moderator"
Received 951 Likes on 341 Posts

Cool, that makes 7. Glad your going to make it Slofa. Oh yeah cant call you that anymore right? How about Sofa?

Old 01-19-2012, 07:47 AM
yepuhuh
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm looking at this trip now since I don't think i will be able to do Sturgis this year. Working out some details with work to see if I can get the time off 4/6 to 4/22.

Would love to ride with you guys but you need to know the longest ride I have done in a day is around 400 non interstate riding.....On interstate i could probably do longer.....

Need to bunk up ( I don't snore or smoke) with someone if possible and I will gladly pay my way. My wingman is not able to ride for 6 months! No details about that HEHE.

Old 01-19-2012, 10:31 AM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by yepuhuh
I'm looking at this trip now since I don't think i will be able to do Sturgis this year. Working out some details with work to see if I can get the time off 4/6 to 4/22.

Would love to ride with you guys but you need to know the longest ride I have done in a day is around 400 non interstate riding.....On interstate i could probably do longer.....

Need to bunk up ( I don't snore or smoke) with someone if possible and I will gladly pay my way. My wingman is not able to ride for 6 months! No details about that HEHE.
Have routed this several times Randy and I-10 is the shortest and quickest hands down all the way .. From I-10 & I-75 is 1990 Miles .. If leave Friday if do 500 a day can be there Monday if do 400 a day can be there Tuesday, I have no problem with a Tuesday arrival although would say try to get at least 500 in the First day if the weather is nice .. Makes for an easier trip if get a few extra in the bank at the beginning .. For example plan on 5 days at 400 a day get 500 a day in First 2 days .. Then have 3 days left to do the remaining 1,000 miles ..

Last edited by JayStronghawk; 01-19-2012 at 10:34 AM.

Quick Reply: Arizona ride - final count