"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Why...so early?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2012 | 06:41 AM
sofadog
Road Master

Try riding with the Florida Crew and not the HOG crew. You might find out you like us!

Originally Posted by jamesroadking
Gave up on trying to ride with others. Most really aren't into it for the riding, or wrenching on their bikes. Most are in it for the fashion show at the rallies with their leather vest seeing who has with the most patches, most tatts, etc.

Old 01-07-2012 | 06:44 AM
throttlejunkie
Road Warrior

got a kid and a wife that i like to do stuff with. if i leave at 10-11 for a ride, i'm gone all day i usually miss some good stuff. if i start at 0700 and put in a 300 + mile ride, i still get home at a reasonable time to play ball with jr. and i'm not wiped out at night so i can hang with mom a little too.

that's just me though..

Old 01-07-2012 | 07:40 AM
GoPro Steevo
Road Master

Originally Posted by flagirl
Why are all the rides at some ungodly hour of the morning?

There's rides I would love to go on but when they start at 7 or 8 am it's just way too early. I know in the summer there's the afternoon rains and heat to avoid but now that the weather is cooler, what's the reason?

Maybe if I wasn't a "night owl" I could understand early morning rides...
+1, Christine. I'm looking at the "Sebring Diner" ride, and thinking the same thing. But we can't really blame the ride. If we lived in Sebring, I'm sure we could make it to the diner by 9am.
I don't even think I'm a "night owl", I just love my bed! But I AM going to try to get a piece of this ride tommorrow...

Old 01-07-2012 | 07:51 AM
Clutch70
Road Master

Originally Posted by jamesroadking
Gave up on trying to ride with others. Most really aren't into it for the riding, or wrenching on their bikes. Most are in it for the fashion show at the rallies with their leather vest seeing who has with the most patches, most tatts, etc.
This is funny, you can tell who hasn't rode with the Crew before.

Old 01-07-2012 | 07:52 AM
Clutch70
Road Master

You can sleep all you want when your dead!
Can you feel it ??

Old 01-07-2012 | 08:29 AM
fishheadsaid
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by flagirl
Why are all the rides at some ungodly hour of the morning?

There's rides I would love to go on but when they start at 7 or 8 am it's just way too early. I know in the summer there's the afternoon rains and heat to avoid but now that the weather is cooler, what's the reason?

Maybe if I wasn't a "night owl" I could understand early morning rides...

Your dilemma has a "field of dreams" solution. Build it.

Old 01-07-2012 | 08:38 AM
seph10
Tourer

I thought everybody knew,,,,,, you can't ride all day if you don't start in the morning,,,

Old 01-07-2012 | 09:49 AM
Beav
Road Warrior
Talking

I've had to explain this very thing to the wife...

The good Lord gave us all the same number of hours in a day, it's up to each individual to manage them accordingly.

Started back on an early schedule this year. Alarm goes off @ 4:15 Monday-Friday now, sleepin' in late on the weekends means I'm up at 6:30. Havin' said all that... call the house after 8 at night, you'll get to talk to my answering machine. I've already conked out and in bed!

I absolutely LOVE watchin' the sun rise, and the world wakin' up when I'm on my bike!

Old 01-07-2012 | 09:50 AM
mrjimbo
Tourer

There is just something about being up before the sun that starts the day off right.

Old 01-07-2012 | 09:57 AM
Clutch70
Road Master

Originally Posted by Beav
I've had to explain this very thing to the wife...

The good Lord gave us all the same number of hours in a day, it's up to each individual to manage them accordingly.

Started back on an early schedule this year. Alarm goes off @ 4:15 Monday-Friday now, sleepin' in late on the weekends means I'm up at 6:30. Havin' said all that... call the house after 8 at night, you'll get to talk to my answering machine. I've already conked out and in bed!

I absolutely LOVE watchin' the sun rise, and the world wakin' up when I'm on my bike!
+1 on that Beav, I love motorcycle sun rises!

Quick Reply: Why...so early?