"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Going North Florida on Friday 11/25

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2011 | 01:32 PM
FLHProadkill
|
Tourer

I was looking for the fairing but must have missed it maybe cause there were so many people there. That was such a suprise. Had a great time and saw some great riding.
Looking forward to meeting you and seeing more great country riding.
See ya Friday.

Old 11-24-2011 | 01:31 PM
Sefferdog
Outstanding HDF Member

Dress warmly in the morning. I just looked at the Weather Channel, 53 in Ocala in the morning. 45 in Perry. I have my long handles laid out, chaps if I need em. By mid-morning it should be a nice day! Can't wait.

Old 11-24-2011 | 03:19 PM
BlueDragon
Outstanding HDF Member

Ahh yeah... I'm throwin it in reverse fella's. I've caught this nasty bug from my lovely wife and don't think riding at 4am in the cold weather is gonna do me any good at this time. I'll be in bed gettin some much needed rest. Safe travels...

Old 11-24-2011 | 04:00 PM
Sefferdog
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by BlueDragon
Ahh yeah... I'm throwin it in reverse fella's. I've caught this nasty bug from my lovely wife and don't think riding at 4am in the cold weather is gonna do me any good at this time. I'll be in bed gettin some much needed rest. Safe travels...
See if ya can shake it Greg and maybe make it to Lake Harris Sunday. Hope you and Brenda start feeling better! Will miss riding with ya!

Old 11-24-2011 | 08:01 PM
FLHProadkill
|
Tourer

Sorry Greg. Yep. The sick season has started.
Get well and we will catch up later.
Putin everything I own on tomorrow morning. All my good stuff I out grown.... I mean shrunk. Don't know how that happened? It should warm up early and be a really good one.

Old 11-25-2011 | 06:16 PM
Sefferdog
Outstanding HDF Member

Really nice ride today. A little chilly in the early morning, but by late morning is was perfect. Logged just under 600 miles. I didn't think I liked honey, but after sampling some Tupelo Honey from Smiley Apiaries I realized I love it. Ended up buying a couple of small jugs of it. I noticed Wes doubled down after he had his sample, I am taking it he liked it also!

We rode a little through the Apalachicola National Forest and that is some nice riding. In the next week or two I am going to map out a route and explore that forest for a day. I will post up in case anyone wants to join in and ride.

Had a great day riding with Wes. He likes to ride like I do. Looking forward to the next one with ya!

Old 11-25-2011 | 07:59 PM
murph
Elite HDF Member

sounds like you had fun.

Old 11-26-2011 | 09:30 AM
BlueDragon
Outstanding HDF Member

So sorry I missed it... laid all day! Still feelin like chit slung on a wall. Sounds like it's a nice ride. I'll have to check it out when feelin better.

Old 11-26-2011 | 10:38 AM
FLHProadkill
|
Tourer

Wade and I only scratched the surface. There are still a lot of roads we passed up and places to stop and explore. If it wasn't for hunting season it would have been lonely out there. They were the only traffic we saw. 375 turne out to the the best route but it was short. 98 was nice riding along the river and not busy but I can imagine the tourist slowing it to a crawl.
Thanks Wade for a great time.

Old 11-26-2011 | 03:20 PM
bikenut1957
Seasoned HDF Member

I hope you guys hit Boss Oyster in Apalachicola, you can watch the boats unload as you eat. The Gibson Inn has the coolest bar for a cold one and the ride along 98 to the west is right along the water. I need to check here more often. You guys were just to the south of me.

Quick Reply: Going North Florida on Friday 11/25