"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Clearing the air, I guess

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 12:08 PM
monkey sammich
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Clearing the air, I guess

With something of a belated introduction.

It seems that least one, and I don't know how many more, Florida Crew members have decided that I'm some sort of motorcycle poser and bullshitter extraordinaire just in general don't seem to like me for some reason or another, with the most obvious reason being that I haven't ridden with him yet.

Well, Mister "poser xposer" and whoever else decided I'm not good enough: you'll have to forgive me for not showing up and kissing your motorsickle riding ***. I don't necessarily get to ride all over the place all the time, and I have a job told hold down. Two of them, in fact. Not to mention trying keep up three homes, two in Florida and one in the mountains.

I also do other things.

I'm somewhat a competitive shooter

I cast bullets

I look for old cemeteries

I go camping

I go fishing

I go hunting

And sometimes, every now and then, I find time to go ride my motorcycle, too.

So those of you who seem to have an issue with me because you think I'm some sort of poser can kiss my ***. Those of you who have been so polite to me, thank you very much. Your comraderie is appreciated, and I hope that with some luck, I'll be able to meet some of you in Ocala.

Old 08-29-2011, 12:24 PM
Skrimshaw
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, the old cemetary thing. Are they lost and you try to find them or do you just go to cemetaries to look for old tombstones? Is that a picture of the oldest you found?

Old 08-29-2011, 12:33 PM
monkey sammich
Road Master

Originally Posted by Skrimshaw
Ok, the old cemetary thing. Are they lost and you try to find them or do you just go to cemetaries to look for old tombstones? Is that a picture of the oldest you found?

I look for old stones. Some of them just happen to be lost. The nearby town whose residents fill this cemetery ceased to exist in the 1840s, and the residents all fled a cholera epidemic. That's not the oldest stone I've found, but it's pretty old for this area.

Accordign to records I've found, this man died after killing a very popular man in town in a duel, and contracting some sickness the next year. He was exceptionally disliked, and nobody would help care for him, and he had no family nearby. The family later paid for this stone.

Old 08-29-2011, 12:39 PM
BigInjun
Cruiser

You and I have a lot in common. I live in NC and not too very far away from where the BRP pics were taken. Check out East Tennessee for old cemeteries, particularly around Roan Mtn. Lots of them over that way. Im a rider, hunter, fisherman and just generally a Tennessee hillbilly. Thats about it. I really woudnt give a s&*t what others think about me anyway. My 2 cents

Old 08-29-2011, 12:41 PM
PoorBoy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

For most of us "normal" folks there is always a balance between what ya want to do, what you have to do, and then what ya end up actually doing.

Don't let anyone get to ya, its all good. Ride when ya can, join rides with others when ya can. Simple.

That doe in the scope picture is pretty cool too! Oh, so you prefer wheel guns?

Old 08-29-2011, 12:57 PM
BlueDragon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

That's some cool schit right there! You need to check out the Tombstone ride comin' up next April. I'm thinkin' you'll be very pleased with the old cemeteries in that area. The thread may be buried some, itself. We've had this ride in the making for about a year to give those that wanna make it plenty of time to save and plan vacation time.

Don't let the ol' coot get to ya. There's a lot of razzin' and friendly ball bustin' here and there, but it's mostly due to PMS (Parked Motorcycle Syndrome) for one reason or another. Your skin will thicken up over time and then you'll start to roll with the punches... or start drinkin' even more then usual... or somethin'.

Old 08-29-2011, 01:00 PM
Bznitch
Road Master

You are going to fit in here just fine welcome to the party Hope to see you out on a ride sometime.

Old 08-29-2011, 01:04 PM
PoorBoy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueDragon

........Don't let the ol' coot get to ya. There's a lot of razzin' and friendly ball bustin' here and there, but it's mostly due to PMS (Parked Motorcycle Syndrome) for one reason or another............
Priceless!!!!!! I woke my dogs up when I busted out laughing.

Hey... "BigIndian" ..... be sure to say hey to the GA Crew! the next time you wander south. There's tons of FL and GA folks who wander up your way.

I'll bet your rifle scope pictures have GA and FL license plates in focus (being sick of the traffic we bring). Heee heeeee heeee

(BTW; no disrespect intended to your screen name, but when I spell it like you got it, the html gets turned into all asterisks) Example: Big*****

Last edited by PoorBoy; 08-29-2011 at 01:09 PM.
Old 08-29-2011, 01:19 PM
1of2
"Moderator"
Received 951 Likes on 341 Posts

Don't worry MS, most of us will reserve our opinion of you for when we meet up and ride. I look forward to meeting you.

Old 08-29-2011, 02:04 PM
monkey sammich
Road Master

Originally Posted by BlueDragon
Don't let the ol' coot get to ya. There's a lot of razzin' and friendly ball bustin' here and there, but it's mostly due to PMS (Parked Motorcycle Syndrome) for one reason or another. Your skin will thicken up over time and then you'll start to roll with the punches... or start drinkin' even more then usual... or somethin'.
As I just IMed another member, I've been on internet forums enough to not get my feelings hurt by some yahoo with a keyboard and an attitude, but following me around in other threads and posting nasty little things can affect my other's opinions of me who have not met me, as well as my ability to buy and sell and things with people who research their buyers/sellers. Hence the reason I want things out in the open. That and I'm new here, so going at things head-on is just how I tend to handle things.

Oh, so you prefer wheel guns?
All guns. However, I don't have the aversion to roundguns that many of my peers do. I love 'em, particularly at stupidly long distances. Here's my best friend smacking a rock at ~160 yards with my .357. I'm taking the pic.

Originally Posted by 1of2
Don't worry MS, most of us will reserve our opinion of you for when we meet up and ride. I look forward to meeting you.
Thank you, 1of2. I do appreciate that.

Quick Reply: Clearing the air, I guess