"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Riding to West Coast next Sat July 31

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 12:14 PM
1of2
"Moderator"
Received 951 Likes on 341 Posts

More pics

Attached Thumbnails Riding to West Coast next Sat July 31-photo23.jpg   Riding to West Coast next Sat July 31-photo24.jpg   Riding to West Coast next Sat July 31-photo22.jpg   Riding to West Coast next Sat July 31-photo21.jpg   Riding to West Coast next Sat July 31-photo20.jpg  

Old 08-10-2011, 12:16 PM
1of2
"Moderator"

more pics

Attached Thumbnails Riding to West Coast next Sat July 31-photo25.jpg   Riding to West Coast next Sat July 31-photo26.jpg   Riding to West Coast next Sat July 31-photo27.jpg   Riding to West Coast next Sat July 31-photo28.jpg   Riding to West Coast next Sat July 31-photo29.jpg  

Old 08-10-2011, 12:18 PM
1of2
"Moderator"

even more pics

Attached Thumbnails Riding to West Coast next Sat July 31-photo30.jpg   Riding to West Coast next Sat July 31-photo31.jpg   Riding to West Coast next Sat July 31-photo32.jpg   Riding to West Coast next Sat July 31-photo33.jpg   Riding to West Coast next Sat July 31-photo34.jpg  

Old 08-10-2011, 12:33 PM
HDRick
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great pictures. Jerry, did you get one of those "Agency Senior Passes" for the park? Ride Safe.

Old 08-10-2011, 05:29 PM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 280 Likes on 215 Posts

Thanks for sharing the pics Dale

Old 08-10-2011, 05:32 PM
PhatHarley4Me
Tourer

Jerry,
Greetings. Thank you for sharing your road trip. I heard a lot of good things about you from Howard (Motorcycle Metal) Sunday past. I live in the Tampa area.

I'm actually making the trip over to the West coast next weekend for 2 weeks with a similiar route.

Question: How is your scooter running with the heat? I'm trying to decide when I drop the oil if I should stay with 20/50 or put in some Amsoil 60 or redline 20/60 for that extra relief for the motor.

Old 08-10-2011, 11:41 PM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

The 20 50 Amsoil or Mobil 1 should be good, thats what the TC is dedsigned for. JUst had the bike tuned in Dallas, only guy I trust to tune my motors, bike ran great once i fixed the cracked head pipe before the tune. the Bub 2-1 could not handle the stress of following Charley in the twistys hehehe, installed a Fatcat with the bike sitting on the dyno machine, discovered doing dyno precheck. Watch for trucks, then cars then animals, in that order. Had a slight ping in front cylinder, going up hill in 115 heat with strong head wind and 90 Octane fuel, we knew this would happen with the shitty SE plug wires I installed, will be swing by dallas to get that tuned out with my stock wires back on the bike, Wife shipped them before I left Dallas the first time. Note to all the SE wires suck, stick with the stock ones, if you want color get a outer casing for the stockers.

If you have a high compression motor and bad or not good enough tune you will get massive pinging in the 90 octane states, same happened to me last year during my long ride. Oil cooler would be a good add on too.

Watch for animals in the mountains, th Elk are bigand almost as dumb as the moose up north. Enjoy your ride and dont believe anything Howard says unless its about suspensions and braking hehehe.

Originally Posted by PhatHarley4Me
Jerry,
Greetings. Thank you for sharing your road trip. I heard a lot of good things about you from Howard (Motorcycle Metal) Sunday past. I live in the Tampa area.

I'm actually making the trip over to the West coast next weekend for 2 weeks with a similiar route.

Question: How is your scooter running with the heat? I'm trying to decide when I drop the oil if I should stay with 20/50 or put in some Amsoil 60 or redline 20/60 for that extra relief for the motor.

Old 08-10-2011, 11:53 PM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

Well crew, I started off in Globe Az ran up 60 through Salt River Canyon, 100+ miles, you guys will like next year. Got on Route 40 and hit dust, rain, and lightning storms, 100 miles later, they happen all at the same time here. Rode 300 miles through them, got scared a few times, passed a trailer tire rolling down the road at 80 mph, I was doing 95, that scared me a bit. But the dust storm was almost complete blackout until the lightning started then the rain joined in, cleared the visibality a bit, kept on riding so as not to get run over by a truck, did I tell you guys there are a lot of trucks out here, and they drive as bad as miamians and q tips. Pulled over early tonight, about hour after sundown, it was just a little too dasngerous. I did pass by a dude riding a scooter from Cali to east coast,, ran into him in gas station, he was chugging right along, thought that was cool. Oh as far as speed limits in NM, well they have signs posted where the cops will be sitting, call them safety zones and they are there, did not see a one anywhere else, my dyna can do 120 before I puss out.
I posted some pics on facebook.

Old 08-11-2011, 04:11 AM
redman53
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by masterblaster
Well crew, I started off in Globe Az ran up 60 through Salt River Canyon, 100+ miles, you guys will like next year. Got on Route 40 and hit dust, rain, and lightning storms, 100 miles later, they happen all at the same time here. Rode 300 miles through them, got scared a few times, passed a trailer tire rolling down the road at 80 mph, I was doing 95, that scared me a bit. But the dust storm was almost complete blackout until the lightning started then the rain joined in, cleared the visibality a bit, kept on riding so as not to get run over by a truck, did I tell you guys there are a lot of trucks out here, and they drive as bad as miamians and q tips. Pulled over early tonight, about hour after sundown, it was just a little too dasngerous. I did pass by a dude riding a scooter from Cali to east coast,, ran into him in gas station, he was chugging right along, thought that was cool. Oh as far as speed limits in NM, well they have signs posted where the cops will be sitting, call them safety zones and they are there, did not see a one anywhere else, my dyna can do 120 before I puss out.
I posted some pics on facebook.

Jerry ....skeered?...say it ain't so ....

Old 08-11-2011, 08:32 AM
PhatHarley4Me
Tourer

Originally Posted by masterblaster
The 20 50 Amsoil or Mobil 1 should be good, thats what the TC is dedsigned for. JUst had the bike tuned in Dallas, only guy I trust to tune my motors, bike ran great once i fixed the cracked head pipe before the tune. the Bub 2-1 could not handle the stress of following Charley in the twistys hehehe, installed a Fatcat with the bike sitting on the dyno machine, discovered doing dyno precheck. Watch for trucks, then cars then animals, in that order. Had a slight ping in front cylinder, going up hill in 115 heat with strong head wind and 90 Octane fuel, we knew this would happen with the shitty SE plug wires I installed, will be swing by dallas to get that tuned out with my stock wires back on the bike, Wife shipped them before I left Dallas the first time. Note to all the SE wires suck, stick with the stock ones, if you want color get a outer casing for the stockers.

If you have a high compression motor and bad or not good enough tune you will get massive pinging in the 90 octane states, same happened to me last year during my long ride. Oil cooler would be a good add on too.

Watch for animals in the mountains, th Elk are bigand almost as dumb as the moose up north. Enjoy your ride and dont believe anything Howard says unless its about suspensions and braking hehehe.

"Roger that" on Howard...hahahaha...

Thanks for the feedback. Ride SAFE !!!!

Quick Reply: Riding to West Coast next Sat July 31