"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Riding to West Coast next Sat July 31

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 01:39 PM
Just Dave
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey Masterblaster, do you know what Bubba's Rider # is?

Nevermind, I found it on Face book, it's # 207

Last edited by Just Dave; 08-05-2011 at 02:35 PM.
Old 08-07-2011, 01:05 AM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

Well seen the HHC start, have video will post on FB when i get home. Took off soon after across 300 miles of 110 degree dustbowl desert, strong head winds all the way, stopped in Coachella just before LA to avoid rush hour, dust storm still blowing. Trucks were having hard time staying in two lanes, almost got clipped bu some old dude driving his kids in an Expedition, missed running me off I 10 by a few inches. I did'nt even give him the finger, thats how messed up it was out there.

Woke up this morning, ear;ly, jumped on bike at sunrise, headed for the hills, got hand numbing cold after I turned of onto 60 through Moreno valley and the hills before LA, took 91 southish to Redondo and ate at my favorite diner in Cali, Eat at Joes, the original not that crab shak crap.

Made my way over to the Marina next to where I normally stay when I come out for business then up the coast stopping at Bartles HD(Marina Del Rey), good dealer, helpful repairing my face sheild mount that popped a screw the night before in the wind, snapped the head of screw actually, got it out with leatherman, they found replacement gratis, Connie and PJ, good gals. Headed up the PCH after that, traffic til north of Malibu, they a beautiful sunset ridew north.

I will say that the PCH below Malibu is much more developed than it was back in 82 83. Stopped a few places for pics around where I spent the thanksgiving of 83 on the beach eating a turkey with my Army buddies family, his name was Swan( cant remember first as we all called him Swanny). Good memories.Now north of Ventura, will hit the rest of the PCH to Fort Ord tomorrow. Then across to Vegas. Its cold along coast.

Last edited by masterblaster; 08-07-2011 at 01:29 AM.
Old 08-07-2011, 04:47 AM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 280 Likes on 215 Posts

stay safe and have fun Jerry ...

Old 08-07-2011, 06:35 AM
PoorBoy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Wow Jerry! Sounds like you were getting sand-blasted. Glad to hear the dealer hooked you up with a quick repair, and very glad to hear that you didn't swap paint with that big Ford.

Can't wait to see more pics and your video.

Old 08-07-2011, 06:57 AM
sofadog
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Reading these great stories of the crew riding the USA just makes me want to retire sooner. The first day I am, the bike will be packed and I, and whoever else in the Crew wants to ride will be off to tour the country. Can't wait.

Old 08-07-2011, 08:16 AM
HDRick
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Enjoy, Jerry. Glad your okay and can't wait to see your pictures. Ride safe. Ain't it just a beautiful country.

Old 08-07-2011, 01:37 PM
redman53
Elite HDF Member

I am green with envy Jerry...but glad somebody get's to do it..ride safe bro

Old 08-07-2011, 09:41 PM
rusty pompano
Tourer

talked to jerry the other day he is havin a great time I would love to do the same thing someday

Old 08-07-2011, 11:00 PM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

Well took a relaxing ride up the cosat some more on the PCH, I started thinking that my wife should be with me for the Redwood ride as well as the Ft Ord tour since she was stationed there at the same time as me. Got north of San luis Obispo then turned East toward the desert, rode the Mohave, stopped by Ft Irwin, known as the National Training Center, gets our guys ready for the ME, its more harsh than most of the middle east so they are well prepped by time they get off the C5. Was actually cooler in the Mojave than North Texas.

I am in Vegas tonight, first time for me, no biggie really since I dont gamble, drink, smoke, or curse.... well, okay, I dont Gamble. Will be heading out in a few to get a night pic of the strip. Stopped at the Harley Cafe, no MC parking there. $30 burger, will go to the Bellagio and try to get a comped burger hehehe. Will make my way toward the Grand canyon tomorrow, putting the GPS to no highway or interstate will see how it gets me there.

Old 08-07-2011, 11:45 PM
1of2
"Moderator"
Received 951 Likes on 341 Posts

Here are more pics from MB

Attached Thumbnails Riding to West Coast next Sat July 31-photo1.jpg   Riding to West Coast next Sat July 31-photo2.jpg   Riding to West Coast next Sat July 31-photo3.jpg   Riding to West Coast next Sat July 31-photo4.jpg   Riding to West Coast next Sat July 31-photo5.jpg  

Last edited by 1of2; 08-07-2011 at 11:47 PM.

Quick Reply: Riding to West Coast next Sat July 31