"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Southern Crew Ride 6/3

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2011 | 06:36 AM
Just Dave
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by kimbo
Appreciate the offer Dave, there are two rides posted up Slowryders ride 7/3 and Moe's 7/4 that puts the Southern Crew riding the same route, stop and go on US-1 or highways to similar destinations. Don't want to turn over the apple cart but would consider tying in Moe's to the Sunday Southern Crew Ride. If that doesn't work, I'm going to leave our back road ride where it is. Seems like this thread has been hijacked by some others already. But it's all good and I know I will be riding this weekend.
It was just a suggestion, certainly not trying to Hijack your thread.

Last edited by Just Dave; 07-01-2011 at 12:58 PM.
Old 07-01-2011 | 06:56 AM
uride2
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by kimbo
??? Ok I just invited you and your wife to ride with us on the back roads. No room for thin skin here brother. The point cHarley made is this thread is not the place to post up your tentative ride. I was trying to be cordial to you and sorry if you took "newbe" the wrong way.
THIN SHIN Man the way u scuff up my Ego ,i got to ware my leather jock strap when i hide with that southern Crew

Old 07-01-2011 | 08:05 AM
kimbo
|
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by lgenf
No thin skin I was actually saying thanks and just giving myself the FNG title

We r all good

So let's get this back on topic

What exactly is the route planned for this ride you've got going?
Yeah, that the problem with e-mails and theads, sh**t often gets missinterpeted. Was thinking about meeting at the Shell maybe 8 ish, going Pratt Whitney to 714 and into Okee for breakfast, 714 back over to the coast and then Indian River Drive. Maybe cHarley can post up the route. Looking forward to meeting you and your wife.

Old 07-01-2011 | 08:10 AM
kimbo
|
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Just Dave
I hear you on the stop and go US 1, Sometimes it can be hell. It was just a suggestion, certainly not trying to Hijack your thread, as it is a new place instead of the same ol' place we have all been before. Have fun and we will hit it another time. BTW, Cocoa is only 20 miles north of Moe's.
Thanks Dave, we will see what shakes, Seems like I pissed everyones Cheerios.

Last edited by kimbo; 07-01-2011 at 01:24 PM.
Old 07-01-2011 | 11:05 AM
cHarley
Club Member

Kimbo, here's a MAP of the route I'd suggest. Note, I didn't route on A1A on Hutchinson island because of road construction from the power plant south to Jensen.

You're ride, you decide.

Originally Posted by Just Dave
BTW, Cocoa is only 20 miles north of Moe's.
The restaurant is actually 20 miles north of Capt. Katannas, and 35 miles north of Moe's.
With traffic on US1 or A1A, that adds about an hour in each direction.

Last edited by cHarley; 07-01-2011 at 11:11 AM.
Old 07-01-2011 | 11:42 AM
Big Gator
Outstanding HDF Member

Nice route charley. A short cut would be to turn left on Bridge Rd CR708 to Hwy 76 into Indiantown then Fox Brown to 714. Just Sayin

cHarley, It has been several weeks since I have been up A1A out by the power plant. I know things are screwed up around Archies. How bad is it messed up between the power plant and Jensen Beach? Is the greater Jensen Beach before the causeway area is finished?

Old 07-01-2011 | 12:14 PM
cHarley
Club Member

Originally Posted by Big Gator
Nice route charley. A short cut would be to turn left on Bridge Rd CR708 to Hwy 76 into Indiantown then Fox Brown to 714. Just Sayin

cHarley, It has been several weeks since I have been up A1A out by the power plant. I know things are screwed up around Archies. How bad is it messed up between the power plant and Jensen Beach? Is the greater Jensen Beach before the causeway area is finished?
Thanks, yea I've been that way, but I wasn't really looking for a short cut, as Kimbo's idea is to ride the length of 714.

Last time I went up A1A was about 4 weeks ago and the construction was just getting started. They are resurfacing from the power plant, down to the south side of the Hutchinson Island South area, north of the Jensen Causeway. It was one way (one direction at a time with flagmen) where they were working. If it is anything like the work they did north of the power plant, it could last quite a while, and of course the speed limit through the construction is lowered.

Old 07-01-2011 | 12:26 PM
Big Gator
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by cHarley
Thanks, yea I've been that way, but I wasn't really looking for a short cut, as Kimbo's idea is to ride the length of 714.

Last time I went up A1A was about 4 weeks ago and the construction was just getting started. They are resurfacing from the power plant, down to the south side of the Hutchinson Island South area, north of the Jensen Causeway. It was one way (one direction at a time with flagmen) where they were working. If it is anything like the work they did north of the power plant, it could last quite a while, and of course the speed limit through the construction is lowered.
Dang, I hate to hear that. That is a great little loop I can make in the evening after work just to get out a little. I guess it will be nice in a couple years when they are done. That stretch of road in Martin county did need to be resurfaced.

Old 07-01-2011 | 12:54 PM
flslowryder
Road Captain

OOOOPs..

Old 07-01-2011 | 12:57 PM
Just Dave
Ultimate HDF Member

The restaurant is actually 20 miles north of Capt. Katannas, and 35 miles north of Moe's.
With traffic on US1 or A1A, that adds about an hour in each direction.

Well, just forget I said anything, I sure would not want anybody to ride an extra 70 miles just to see some folks that are not members of the elite southern crew.

Quick Reply: Southern Crew Ride 6/3