"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Florida Crew Logo Contest/Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 07:47 PM
themensh
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts

(to get out of trouble...learn to bullshit)

Gang member: "What you doing to my bike, *** wipe!?"
Me/You: "Oh, Hi...I was just admiring your bike....It's Harley, right? My brother had one kind of like it. He bought it in 1967 though. Just before he went over seas. I was 10 and he asked me to take care of it for Him til he got back. He was at Tan Son Nhut Air Base for seven months until Dad got the news the helicopter he was in was missing. Dad hurt his back the next year and had to sell the bike. Can I sit on yours?"
(Be sure to retrieve your under wear off the bathroom hook) LMAO

Old 10-05-2011, 07:53 PM
Just Dave
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Back Patches???? We don't need no stinkin' Back Patches!!! We know who we are.

In my mind, the Florida Crew is not a "Club". We are just some guys and gals that own computers and motorcycles that like a good excuse to ride. Let's just keep it simple and fun. No need to complicate things with the COC or anybody else. Lets get back to more important things like riding and let this die. Remember "No Rules, Just Ride".

Old 10-05-2011, 08:22 PM
Big Gator
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Just Dave

In my mind, the Florida Crew is not a "Club". We are just some guys and gals that own computers and motorcycles that like a good excuse to ride. Let's just keep it simple and fun. No need to complicate things with the COC or anybody else. Lets get back to more important things like riding and let this die. Remember "No Rules, Just Ride".

Say it Dave. Say it. You know, "Let's Ride!

Old 10-05-2011, 09:26 PM
dedjr67
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree say it loud so the whole world can hear it LETS RIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-06-2011, 06:35 AM
HDJaco
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For the record, I think it sucks that anyone should have to ask permission to wear anything they want or be concerned that a 1% MC will have an issue with a patch. Unfortunately that is the reality we face. It is good that it is talked about, so everyone is informed and can make up their own mind based on all of the information. I would hate to see anyone in this group or any group be the victim of violence due to their ignorance of known issues like this. 1% MC's are very territorial due to the nature of what the 1% stands for. Just like the Bloods and Crypts were/are in Southern CA, you do not want to walk through a neighborhood wearing a blue shirt when its a red shirt street. Everyone should just be aware.

Old 10-06-2011, 08:02 AM
MattInFla
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The whole back patch thing can go horribly wrong pretty quickly: https://www.hdforums.com/forum/the-p...n-trouble.html

It's not about "rights" - the 1% subculture is not remotely interested in your "rights". If you choose to wear a large back patch, in their eyes you have entered their world, and their rules apply.

Not saying it is right, but it is what it is.

Old 10-06-2011, 09:40 AM
Big Gator
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MattInFla
The whole back patch thing can go horribly wrong pretty quickly: https://www.hdforums.com/forum/the-p...n-trouble.html

It's not about "rights" - the 1% subculture is not remotely interested in your "rights". If you choose to wear a large back patch, in their eyes you have entered their world, and their rules apply.

Not saying it is right, but it is what it is.
Well put. Thanks for posting the thread. I made reference to the PGR issue in Colorado in my post. Notice it was "a few members" acting like a bunch of posers that created the issue even though the CoC had already approved the patch.

Like you say it is what it is.

Originally Posted by Just Dave

Remember "No Rules, Just Ride".

Old 10-06-2011, 11:31 AM
sailnjay
Road Captain

I just have to chime in here. My dad always told me "do what you want to do, but know what you are doing" Tat, and everyone else for that matter, I highly reccomend that you follow that advice and read what is in the website previously posted by WillyHD (http://www.rcvsmc.net/index.html ) . Again its your right but I would appreciate you not wearing a large back patch that reference the FL Crew just because I don't want any of us to have to go through any issues because the Fl Crew was either misconstrued or mis represented. Personally I won't wear a jacket or vest with any large patches on the back, but that's just me. Just understand that if you do decide to wear a large back patch you could get into some deep stuff really quick. It's probably unlikely but why take the chance. As I said it's just not worth it to me.

I hope I haven't stepped on any toes here, I just had to put in my $.02.

Old 10-06-2011, 02:36 PM
Tat2diver
Cruiser

To start of with the question originally went out for advice and all advice has been considered in the context that it was given. The large patch will not be worn. As for worrying about if toes have been stepped on -- takes a bit more than someone advice to get me rattled- especially when I asked for the advice in the start.

Old 10-06-2011, 03:40 PM
sailnjay
Road Captain

Thanks Tat...looking forward to meeting you and riding with you soon

Quick Reply: Florida Crew Logo Contest/Suggestions