"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Florida Crew Logo Contest/Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 03:30 PM
Tat2diver
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also am taking WillyHD's advice and sending the local chapter of the Warlocks email concerning their position on back patches since they are in my area. Once I get an answer I will let all know.

Old 10-05-2011, 03:56 PM
PoorBoy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Tat2diver
Wow - simple question and I ended up still up alot of crap. The small patch I understand- should not be an issue. The patch I am talking of hand had made up are two 9"X11" patches. Just trying to get the skinny on it before it gets sewn. I am far from trying to disrespect anyone or any MC rights. I completely understand the blood, sweat and beers involved to earn something-- 21 yrs in the military taught me that rather well but I like the patch and would love to display it on my vest. I guess I will hold off the sewning until we have a final answer.
Good comment Tat. I will use my back-out gear a bit here because of information supplied by Chris. I will post the reply I get back from the COC but I have a sense now of what that will say.

Having served 8 years in the Navy during the Vietnam conflict, I have a real good idea about 24/7/365 brotherhood and the value of each stripe or ribbon earned. Motorcycle clubs are way down on a similar scale but "I get" what it means to them to earn their own standing.

My enthusiasm for the Florida Crew (and now also for the Georgia Crew) has me hell-bent to represent with pride its association to my life. Maybe not the 24x7, but certainly the 365 is noteworthy.

None of us are trying to disrespect any other club. Can I give ANY of these motorcycle clubs the respect I give to the service guys in the thick of it now, probably not. I think this is where I have my own personal conflicts going on. When I lived in Florida I belonged to one of the AMVETS posts where I could get my fix of like-minded souls being around me. Up here in Georgia, so far, I haven't found anything close by enough.

(what I really need is a job).

Old 10-05-2011, 04:06 PM
Clutch70
Road Master

Tat, The Warlocks are a support club of the Outlaws. FYI.

Old 10-05-2011, 04:11 PM
WillyHD
Road Master

Originally Posted by Clutch70
Not trying to start ****, but you don't know what your talking about. They are not a support club for the Outlaws, or anyone else.

Old 10-05-2011, 04:14 PM
WillyHD
Road Master

Originally Posted by PoorBoy
Good comment Tat. I will use my back-out gear a bit here because of information supplied by Chris. I will post the reply I get back from the COC but I have a sense now of what that will say.

Having served 8 years in the Navy during the Vietnam conflict, I have a real good idea about 24/7/365 brotherhood and the value of each stripe or ribbon earned. Motorcycle clubs are way down on a similar scale but "I get" what it means to them to earn their own standing.

My enthusiasm for the Florida Crew (and now also for the Georgia Crew) has me hell-bent to represent with pride its association to my life. Maybe not the 24x7, but certainly the 365 is noteworthy.

None of us are trying to disrespect any other club. Can I give ANY of these motorcycle clubs the respect I give to the service guys in the thick of it now, probably not. I think this is where I have my own personal conflicts going on. When I lived in Florida I belonged to one of the AMVETS posts where I could get my fix of like-minded souls being around me. Up here in Georgia, so far, I haven't found anything close by enough.

(what I really need is a job).
Many of us in this world are veterans and know exactly what you are talking about.

Old 10-05-2011, 04:22 PM
Big Gator
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Clutch70
Not sure where you got that. The Warlocks are an international 1% club in there on right.

Old 10-05-2011, 05:28 PM
HDJaco
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PoorBoy
I wrote an email to the Confederation of Clubs. Let's see what the REAL feedback is from this organization.

Here's the Letter:

Dear North Florida Confederation of Clubs,

I got your email address off the North Florida Confederation of Clubs website and I have a couple of questions about etiquette and interaction with motorcycle clubs.

I am part of a band of friends who fondly call themselves "Florida Crew" and there are more of us in Georgia, called the "Georgia Crew". We have met on HDForums.com, but some of the friendships were formed prior to joining the forum.

We are NOT a club, there is no clubhouse, no formal organization (club officers, dues, etc.). We are a social group who likes to ride under the overarching principles of "No Rules, Just Ride". Some of the bonding together has come from frustration with HOG who hands out release forms to sign before a ride and the general distaste for the "click" nature of most chapters. We have our fun by simply riding together and sharing support for fellow forum members who may travel 300 miles just to have a hamburger together. We'll do trips together, we wrench on each other's motorcycles, do our own gatherings (like a rally), etc.

Over the last few months there has been a murmur of discussion which is fear-based that we are somehow disrespecting the Confederation of Clubs, or any other MC within the confederation by the fact that our numbers are increasing and we haven't organized into a "Club". We have a patch that was drawn-up and ordered (4" oval) that folks want to wear on their vests and jackets to show camaraderie and to locate one another in large rally crowds. Again, some folks here are worrying that now that we have a patch, we're really "asking for it".

I am not of this mindset, no matter how big the patch is, and I would like to solicit feedback from your organization for your thoughts on all of this. Obviously no disrespect is implied or desired towards other MCs who have to EARN their patches. If other more formal organizations want to call us posers, fine. But utmost in our mind is wanting to clear the air whether wearing any sort of patch is construed as some sort of disrespect to the 1% crowd out there.

As in most forum environments, opinions speak louder than the facts and I am fearful that we have folks believing that if they wear a patch they can expect to get hung-up by their underwear in the men's room.

Thanks ahead of time for your feedback.

At the risk of sounding antagonistic, I'm curious why you did not mention your first and second amendment rights in this letter. It seems that earlier that was your whole argument to wearing the patch. Also, if they have a problem with it or possibly just one individual wearing it, being hung up by their underwear in a bathroom would be the least of their problems.

Last edited by HDJaco; 10-05-2011 at 05:31 PM.
Old 10-05-2011, 05:47 PM
Clutch70
Road Master

Originally Posted by WillyHD
Not trying to start ****, but you don't know what your talking about. They are not a support club for the Outlaws, or anyone else.
My mistake I was thinking of the Keltics.

Old 10-05-2011, 07:09 PM
PoorBoy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by HDJaco
At the risk of sounding antagonistic, I'm curious why you did not mention your first and second amendment rights in this letter. It seems that earlier that was your whole argument to wearing the patch. Also, if they have a problem with it or possibly just one individual wearing it, being hung up by their underwear in a bathroom would be the least of their problems.

In general, without being confrontational, I wanted to hear the comments from the COC. What I decide to do after understanding that information is personal choice. What I didn't want was a whole bunch of personal opinions piling up on the forum here without a truth foundation.

I have no idea who you are or where you are from. BUT, I know all those things about me and I know how to make personal choices and to stand by their consequences.

Old 10-05-2011, 07:33 PM
themensh
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts

"I know how to make personal choices and to stand by their consequences."

I vouch for Paul (Poor Boy).
But basically...as I have found, as long as you do not screw with a 'club'....they don't care about you. If you act like you are better/bigger/richer/smarter/cuter/whatever and antagonize a 'member', they might accept it as a challenge. But mostly, they are people like us.
Ask them what year bike they ride?...sure. but don't blab on about how your Mom bought yours for you. If they reply "What F#@kin' business is it of yours!?"...You are on your own (or say your wife wants to ride on it with him).
I don't wear patches anyhow. Long story short about earning a 'fire starter' badge in cub scouts...
(Scout leaders eyebrows grew back...but I never got the patch).

Chuck (no rules/no patch/just ride)

Quick Reply: Florida Crew Logo Contest/Suggestions