"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Need ideas for a ride...

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2011 | 05:45 PM
Big Gator
Outstanding HDF Member
Smile For a REAL challange

Originally Posted by Skrimshaw
I am trying to squeeze out a 5th day. If I am able to, I am going to NYC, always wanted to ride through times square.
For a real challenge get Sefferdog to ride with you into the 212. I can't get him in the 407.

Old 05-14-2011 | 07:04 PM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member

Also Arkansas, good riding the hills there, NC is great too.

Cluster ***** predates Clint by 2000 years, some Roman Sergeant started calling the privates gambling below the crusifixes a Charlie Foxtrot.

Old 05-14-2011 | 08:06 PM
themensh
Ultimate HDF Member

Texas? It is a twelve our drive to Lake Charles, LA from Daytona . I have done it more than a couple times....never on a bike ....(so add a couple hours).
San Antonio can be done in about 18 and a half hours......NON stop. (driving a car)
Maggie Valley can be done inless than a day, so can Savannah, GA and Charleston, SC. Helen, GA is a nice ride.
Washington DC is twelve hours away also.
Pan handle of Florida is a nice target. You don't have to go thousands of miles to see something new.

Chuck

Old 05-14-2011 | 08:20 PM
themensh
Ultimate HDF Member

I got in touch with my friend, stationed at Fort Bragg, NC. He said he is about 4 hours from the dragon, so, I might go up to see him. I am trying to squeeze out a 5th day. If I am able to, I am going to NYC, always wanted to ride through times square. I had to drive through it almost everyday when I lived there, but never riden through it. BUT as of right now I can't get that extra day.
Four days to ride to NYC...and back? Oh, it can be done...
but if you are seeing a friend in NC, and riding to the dragon.....
you ain't going to New York in five days. Maybe you will?
(.....take a picture on Broadway.)

chuck

Old 05-15-2011 | 05:46 PM
Skrimshaw
|
Road Captain

Originally Posted by themensh
Texas? It is a twelve our drive to Lake Charles, LA from Daytona . I have done it more than a couple times....never on a bike ....(so add a couple hours).
San Antonio can be done in about 18 and a half hours......NON stop. (driving a car)
Maggie Valley can be done inless than a day, so can Savannah, GA and Charleston, SC. Helen, GA is a nice ride.
Washington DC is twelve hours away also.
Pan handle of Florida is a nice target. You don't have to go thousands of miles to see something new.

Chuck
That is a great point, I don't have to drive thousands of miles to see something new. Since, I am in FL for only a few years, maybe I should sight see around the state a little.

If I was going to NYC, I wouldn't do the dragon. I would stop in NC to see my friend and a free night of lodging...I have several ideas...my mind has changed again to, drive as far as I can in 2 days, then drive back. Isn't the old saying, it's not the destination but the journey that matters...

So, Big Gators idea of throwing a stick in the air and driving that direction sounds like the most fun so far.

Old 05-15-2011 | 06:19 PM
Big Gator
Outstanding HDF Member

That is a great point, I don't have to drive thousands of miles to see something new. Since, I am in FL for only a few years, maybe I should sight see around the state a little.

So, Big Gators idea of throwing a stick in the air and driving that direction sounds like the most fun so far.
I think the aforementioned committee should consist of Sefferdog, JayStronghawk, and uride2 with JaxHarleyRdr as an alternate. They really know the state (including south Ga) up your way and will keep you busy those few days, Really, who else do you know that rides over 600 miles for a basket of peaches or a tank of gas.

Check with Fire-Medic for a reference.

This will be fun. Keep us posted.

Old 05-29-2011 | 07:25 AM
HDBRATT
Stellar HDF Member

Yeah Matt just have a good time and be safe...oh and if ya go out of FL it is still hotter then chit in GA&TN and NC.

Old 05-29-2011 | 02:28 PM
flagirl
Road Master

I was up in Charleston at the beginning of May by car. It's beautiful out there - we saw the SS Yorktown, Ft. Sumter, took a few ghost tours. It looks like nice riding on the outskirts, but there's a big bridge you gotta cross to get to "Historic Charleston". I would like to go back to Charleston one day with the bikes and ride around there.

I was pretty impressed once I started riding in Florida outside of South Florida area. Kind of like finally getting to know what's in your own back yard. I think central/north Florida is the nicest since it has more interesting back roads than South Florida. I haven't been to the panhandle area yet.

I heard there's a motorcycle rally going on in Myrtle Beach currently, I'm not sure how long it's going on for, but you may not want to go there until the rally is over.

I guess it all depends on what you want to do - spend most of the day riding or a combo of riding/sight seeing?

Have fun wherever you go!