"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Need ideas for a ride...

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2011 | 03:35 PM
Thundermug
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Big Gator
You would first need a committee to define what stick would give the most diverse ...once they have reached a consensus the committee will chose which end is proper under the current circumstances.

I didn't want to confuse him this early in the process.
Shoot, dude...you confused me, and I've been around the block at least four times and crossed two major intersections! LOL!!!

Old 05-13-2011 | 03:53 PM
redman53
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Thundermug
To paraphrase a line I heard in a movie..."Head fer the hills!"
BTW.I know a place wherre you can get some fresh...um...nontaxed(?)hooch... It does burn, but it is a very light blue flame. hard to see in the daylight....Tastes like crap, but all of that "fresh" stuff does...

All ya gots to do is find a "good ol' boy" and ask. if he doesn't know the next one or two will.... The magic words are.."ya know where a man can get some fresh likker?"
Take an empty vodka or gin bottle with you to put it in so ya don't get caught! two bucks a quart, water it down so it'll be around 50 proof, then mix it or sip it. Whatever you do, don't drink it straight, you'll burn your throat!

Having been born an raised in the hills of NC I can tell ya ...you go around asking where you can buy some shine and you'll liable to, at the least get a good *** kicking....ask too many "good ole boys" or the wrong "good ole boy" and you could wind up in a shallow grave. With the advent of a lot of yankees moving in to "them thar hills" folks are a wee bit wary of who they wanna take a chance of going to jail for...besides you can buy shine at the liquor store these days, and you don't have to worry about whether it was distilled through an old car radiator.just my .02...
Now back on topic...go to the other side of NC...the Outer Banks are a great vacation spot, and sorta kinda like the Keys as far as scenery goes..you can hit Myrtle Beach coming or going, and the USS North Carolina Battleship Memorial in Wilmington is a cool way to spend a day...Cape Hatteras light house and Kitty Hawk are neat places to visit , and there's all kinda of good eating up and down the NC -VA coast line

Last edited by redman53; 05-13-2011 at 03:56 PM.
Old 05-13-2011 | 06:37 PM
Thundermug
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by redman53
Having been born an raised in the hills of NC I can tell ya ...you go around asking where you can buy some shine and you'll liable to, at the least get a good *** kicking....ask too many "good ole boys" or the wrong "good ole boy" and you could wind up in a shallow grave. With the advent of a lot of yankees moving in to "them thar hills" folks are a wee bit wary of who they wanna take a chance of going to jail for...besides you can buy shine at the liquor store these days, and you don't have to worry about whether it was distilled through an old car radiator.just my .02...
Now back on topic...go to the other side of NC...the Outer Banks are a great vacation spot, and sorta kinda like the Keys as far as scenery goes..you can hit Myrtle Beach coming or going, and the USS North Carolina Battleship Memorial in Wilmington is a cool way to spend a day...Cape Hatteras light house and Kitty Hawk are neat places to visit , and there's all kinda of good eating up and down the NC -VA coast line

Yeah, I guess you can get hurt. As with anything illegal, ya gotsta be carefull.

...but most of 'em will look at ya like your an idiot. Eventually someone will say they can get it...But then again...I know where I can get it. Wilmington is a very nice city with lots of 100-200 year old houses. My nephew lives there. Went to his wedding there, and partied at an old train depot after the wedding. First wedding I've ever been to that cost over 100 grand. Both of his parents-in-law are physicians. His mother was President of U.S. healthcare. He is a wildlife biologist and always tramples thru the woods in the hills. He has come across 3 active stills and sampled 2 of them that Hhe has told me about., the othr was still fermenting. He took me to one of them and it was the first time I ever had fresh liquor. I almost died. Gagged so bad and couldn't breath for what seemed like an hour.They almost died laughing at me. Been back 2 times and they remembered me. They always gave me a free sample in a pint bottle if I'd drink some straight. One word of advice...If it just started flowing..don't drink...it's almost pure alcohol. It'll burn your toungue, throat, stomach... and all the way to your peter it sems like....If it's near the end of the run, sip...it'll still put your dick in your watch pocket.
Didn't go to the battleship, but did see it across the water...

Old 05-13-2011 | 06:49 PM
cHarley
Club Member

Yo Sick Pup, you need to come out from under your rock more often. I thought everyone on HDForums knew that bikers aren't welcome in Myrtle Beach anymore.

Lot's of other nice places surrounding MB though, but MB never see 10¢ come out of my pocket.

Old 05-13-2011 | 07:25 PM
Thundermug
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by cHarley
...bikers aren't welcome in Myrtle Beach anymore.

Lot's of other nice places surrounding MB though, but MB never see 10¢ come out of my pocket.

YEP.... all I can say is they are nuthin' but...

Last I heard, some of the business owners were P.O.'d about the whole thing. If I ever go there it'll be... ...Colder than the twisted ride, alot colder!

However...North Myrtle, is cool with bikes. I'd atleast ride thru MB and stop at a business, go in the door, and say out loud...I'll take my money 20 miles north of here, at least they appreciate us...

Old 05-13-2011 | 08:09 PM
redman53
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by cHarley
Yo Sick Pup, you need to come out from under your rock more often. I thought everyone on HDForums knew that bikers aren't welcome in Myrtle Beach anymore.

I happen to like my rock...and yeah I'm aware that MB isn't all that biker friendly to hordes of bikers...but everyone should check out the Grand Strand if they have the opportunity...

Old 05-13-2011 | 08:20 PM
kimbo
Outstanding HDF Member

Pup, let's get off the flat slab and go ride your native area. I'm going up the second week in June. Let's ride..

Old 05-13-2011 | 08:51 PM
redman53
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by kimbo
Pup, let's get off the flat slab and go ride your native area. I'm going up the second week in June. Let's ride..
Wish I could Kimbo...but no mun no fun...and FHP and a lawyer have all my funds right now...

Old 05-13-2011 | 09:02 PM
HDBRATT
Stellar HDF Member

Matt~ I have a big bridge I can take you over.....whaaaa just kidding. Go up to the dragon...I am doing it next weekend with the girls. I might even ride up there with ya. Dont go south its too friggen hot...go up north.....whatever you do have fun.

Old 05-14-2011 | 08:33 AM
Skrimshaw
|
Road Captain

I got in touch with my friend, stationed at Fort Bragg, NC. He said he is about 4 hours from the dragon, so, I might go up to see him. I am trying to squeeze out a 5th day. If I am able to, I am going to NYC, always wanted to ride through times square. I had to drive through it almost everyday when I lived there, but never riden through it. BUT as of right now I can't get that extra day.

Quick Reply: Need ideas for a ride...