"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Accident in the Twisties

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 06:19 AM
Jerry1834
Road Warrior
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Boy! sure can feel for her.....

Our prays go out to ya!

Last edited by Jerry1834; 04-30-2011 at 06:25 AM.
Old 04-29-2011, 06:22 AM
kimbo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rusty and Donna, I'm really sorry to here this. Kudos to Paul for stepping up. Will help out as I can. Ride safe Crew.

Old 04-29-2011, 06:37 AM
redman53
Elite HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Donna hope you heal up soon...$$$ on the way...

Old 04-29-2011, 07:15 AM
PoorBoy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hey everyone, I think this tread got off to an incorrect start regarding paying anyone anything.

I want a fund started to help Donna & Rusty defer their expenses for emergency services, bike repair, their rental car expenses, and for my expenses to trailer their bikes back to Coral Springs, FL.

I want to extend props first to Dave and Carol who offered their truck and trailer to me to use for this endeavor. Dave and I drove up to Maggie Valley together and grabbed both Rusty"s and Donna's bikes.

We drove them back to Alpharetta Georgia before I started on the haul to Coral Springs the next morning. Rusty has supplied me with $770 cash which might cover my expenses. So far, the tow vehicle has traveled almost 1400 miles, and I am still in Florida. I am staying at Dale's house. I am averaging real near 10mpg (sometimes less) pulling a large enclosed trailer and running the air conditioning. I have spent $429.82 on gas and $28.80 on tolls. I have $311 remaining (only needing gas now, no more tolls). I have to travel from DeLand to Alpharetta and then drop the rig off with a full tank.

Rusty is waiting to hear what my final expenses are, and he said he would get me a check next week.

I want to thank the heck out of Dale who helped me with all of the Florida driving. It was a big help to have a co-pilot along, not to mention a best friend.

My best wishes to Donna for a speedy recovery.

Old 04-29-2011, 07:25 AM
wilburz
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Not the kind of thread I like to see. Prayers sent for a full recovery.

Old 04-29-2011, 07:59 AM
1of2
"Moderator"
Received 951 Likes on 341 Posts

To clarify further, Rusty is covering the expenses to get the bikes home. Using the FL crew fund was just to make sure things were covered until Rusty could get the money together. It looks like that wont be needed. We don't need to raise $1000 to cover costs. We are just looking to help defer Rusty's expenses and maybe give a little something to Paul for his trouble.

Old 04-29-2011, 10:35 AM
flagirl
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Even though I haven't been able to ride much with the group, I still feel very much part of all of you. I just sent in some money to the general fund. Please feel free to use it to help defray Paul's expenses, Rusty and Donna's or for any future crew-related costs.

Old 04-29-2011, 01:03 PM
themensh
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by 1of2
To clarify further, Rusty is covering the expenses to get the bikes home. Using the FL crew fund was just to make sure things were covered until Rusty could get the money together. It looks like that wont be needed. We don't need to raise $1000 to cover costs. We are just looking to help defer Rusty's expenses and maybe give a little something to Paul for his trouble.
Will call you to find out where to mail my check.

chuck

Old 04-30-2011, 07:01 AM
PoorBoy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by PoorBoy
Hey everyone, I think this tread got off to an incorrect start regarding paying anyone anything.

I want a fund started to help Donna & Rusty defer their expenses for emergency services, bike repair, their rental car expenses, and for my expenses to trailer their bikes back to Coral Springs, FL.

I want to extend props first to Dave and Carol who offered their truck and trailer to me to use for this endeavor. Dave and I drove up to Maggie Valley together and grabbed both Rusty"s and Donna's bikes.

We drove them back to Alpharetta Georgia before I started on the haul to Coral Springs the next morning. Rusty has supplied me with $770 cash which might cover my expenses. So far, the tow vehicle has traveled almost 1400 miles, and I am still in Florida. I am staying at Dale's house. I am averaging real near 10mpg (sometimes less) pulling a large enclosed trailer and running the air conditioning. I have spent $429.82 on gas and $28.80 on tolls. I have $311 remaining (only needing gas now, no more tolls). I have to travel from DeLand to Alpharetta and then drop the rig off with a full tank.

Rusty is waiting to hear what my final expenses are, and he said he would get me a check next week.

I want to thank the heck out of Dale who helped me with all of the Florida driving. It was a big help to have a co-pilot along, not to mention a best friend.

My best wishes to Donna for a speedy recovery.

I had enough cash for the trip. I ended up with $62 left over.

Here's the breakdown: $679.20 on gas and $28.80 on tolls.

Old 04-30-2011, 07:11 AM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

Your a champ Paul, always ready to help out man. Was good seeing you in MV even if too breif and on 4 wheels, hope to ride with you soon. Again, you are a champ man.

Quick Reply: Accident in the Twisties