"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Biketoberfest accomodation

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 04:05 AM
Spanners39
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 832 Likes on 446 Posts
Default Biketoberfest accomodation

A couple of us are looking at coming out from New Zealand to Biketoberfest...whereabouts in town should we book our accomodation? Is there an area where it all goes off and we can park up the bikes and walk into town to have a good time?

Is there anywhere we should avoid staying?

All and any info gratefully received!

Old 04-26-2011, 06:01 AM
1of2
"Moderator"
Received 951 Likes on 341 Posts

Biketoberfest wont be all in one spot so you will have to ride to different areas to see different things. Not sure of a good place to stay but if you need any other local information feel free to pm me with any questions.

Old 04-26-2011, 08:33 AM
uride2
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you do not mind riding 100 miles 2 & from daytona area i might put u up,if u ride back and forth with me everyday,and don`t have any flonies,like port-a-johm,get your food the some place as your bike,or a fear of sever weather.

harvey

Old 04-26-2011, 04:06 PM
wilburz
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

if you got the cash, I would stay down on the beach right by Main street. there are some tall hotels and I would imagine the view is nice way up high. I think one that is real close is the hilton. there are some bars to hit there and you can walk. you can ride over the bridge to the original harley dealership, lots of stuff to see in that area. the speedway is right up that road about 5 or 8 miles. most other places you have to ride to but the ride up a1a on the beach north or south cant be beat. A beautiful ride from daytona to st. augustine north.

Old 04-26-2011, 04:31 PM
DeezNuts
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went to Bike Week this year and stayed at Ocean Walk Hotel. Nice place! If you got a couple of guys going get the two bedroom suite. Its right on the beach and has a garage to park the bikes. Only a couple of blocks away from Main Street.

Old 04-26-2011, 06:29 PM
Spanners39
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by DeezNuts
I went to Bike Week this year and stayed at Ocean Walk Hotel. Nice place! If you got a couple of guys going get the two bedroom suite. Its right on the beach and has a garage to park the bikes. Only a couple of blocks away from Main Street.

We have a winner! The garage takes it!

Old 04-26-2011, 07:27 PM
themensh
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts

Lots of "Mom & Pop" (cheaper hotel/motels).....Check the addresses....adresses up to like, "600 North (or South A1A "Atlantic Blvd" will put you with in walking distance of Main Street, Daytona Beach (Froggies Saloon, Main Street Station, Boot Hill Saloon, Wise Guys Saloon, Dog House Saloon, Full Moon Saloon). If you don't want alcohol.....you might want to check out another location. Ocean Walk/Hilton is between 100 and 300 North A1A.
Destination Daytona....in Ormond Beach is RIGHT at the largest Harley dealer. Near the White Eagle saloon and Iron Horse Saloon...You want to spend time at the Iron Horse anyhow.....so check them out. Prices DO increase for Bikletoberfest, and you may want to book early.
Let us know how you are progressing through the monthes....some of us may be around to lend you a hand.
Women here love that accent you all have...so I always say 'mate', 'Crock a dial', 'Crikey' and 'anutha Fosters sweet hot' when ever I get a chance.
(you'll recognise me....I'll be the one with the black eye.)
Welcome to Daytona. Going to be fun!

Old 04-26-2011, 09:53 PM
Spanners39
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by themensh
Women here love that accent you all have...so I always say 'mate', 'Crock a dial', 'Crikey' and 'anutha Fosters sweet hot' when ever I get a chance.

Lol! you have just insulted us beyond all measure ...we are New Zealanders not Australians!! You can tell because we order "Fush and Chups"..everything good is "Choice"....beer is referred to as "****" and we send and receive "Tixts"...

I will have to let you buy me a beer and apologise

Next question...how long does it take to ride from Orlando to Daytona and is there a preferred bikers route? (bearing in mind we may be on Softails )

Old 04-27-2011, 05:00 AM
themensh
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Spanners39
Lol! you have just insulted us beyond all measure ...we are New Zealanders not Australians!! You can tell because we order "Fush and Chups"..everything good is "Choice"....beer is referred to as "****" and we send and receive "Tixts"...

I will have to let you buy me a beer and apologise

Next question...how long does it take to ride from Orlando to Daytona and is there a preferred bikers route? (bearing in mind we may be on Softails )
I

"Insult beyond measure."... (You blokes have a way with words!).
Depending where in Orlando you stay (International Drive is one visitor/ tourist area)....might take you 50 minutes if you take the main highway (Interstate 4).
Of course there are 'back' roads...and places all around to see and do things.
If this is your first time visiting....there is NO way you can see everything.

Chuck the mensh

Old 04-27-2011, 08:04 PM
Spanners39
Seasoned HDF Member

Ok, if anyone knows a good long way round that might take about 4 hours from the airport to Daytona Beach then I am all ears :-)

Quick Reply: Biketoberfest accomodation