"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

C2C or Sunrise to Sunset

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2011, 07:52 AM
Big Gator
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default C2C or Sunrise to Sunset

uride2 has an idea to do a Sunrise to Sunset ride starting someplace like St Agustine on Florida's east coast at to watch the sunrise and then taking all back roads to the Skyway Bridge or some were south on the west coast to watch the sun set. From what little I know of Harvey's rides this would most likely be a 500 mile ride.

Has the Crew ever made a C2C ride? Would there be any interest in such a ride?

Some would want to stay over at the start and destination so I am guessing a long weekend.

Anyway, let's kick this can around and see what comes of it.

Old 04-24-2011, 08:11 AM
Just Dave
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

You sure would have to kill alot of time to take so long to get across the state. But I am in if we get to cross 27 at least three times.

Old 04-24-2011, 08:18 AM
Big Gator
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Just Dave
You sure would have to kill alot of time to take so long to get across the state. But I am in if we get to cross 27 at least three times.
Don't think of it as killing time but more like riding time and btw you crossed 27 4x yesterday counting the ride home.

Old 04-24-2011, 08:26 AM
Bznitch
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Riding C2C sounds cool, and watching the sunset in the gulf would be purdy.... but unless we are talking in January when the sun rises as a decent hour, I think I would skip that part Unless we partied all night, watched the sunrise, went to sleep, then got up rode to the other coast

Old 04-24-2011, 08:52 AM
sailnjay
Road Captain

Sounds like fun but I understand what Dave is saying. What if we started in Fernandina Beach for the Sunrise and Rode to Key West for the Sunset (kind of a diagonal C2C)? Is that doable without running the slab all day? That would mean staying over at both ends for those of us that live in da middle of the state.

Old 04-24-2011, 09:02 AM
Skrimshaw
Road Captain

I like the idea.

Old 04-24-2011, 09:19 AM
Sefferdog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Just Dave
Isn't killing time riding the idea of it?

All it turns out to be is a 14 hour ride from St Aug to the bridge in Tampa or somewhere on the west coast. I can easily set up a killer route to accomplish this!

I eould need some help with the southwest portion, but the rest I can do. Dave knows that southwest area like the back of his hand!

Old 04-24-2011, 09:35 AM
Just Dave
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

We should make our destination Bean Point on Anna Maria Island. No better place to catch the sunset. http://www.tripadvisor.com/LocationP...d_Florida.html
I was not saying Killing time was a bad thing just that there are more hours in the day than it would take to ride from St Augustine's to Tampa.

Last edited by Just Dave; 04-24-2011 at 09:38 AM.
Old 04-24-2011, 09:41 AM
Big Gator
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Bznitch
Riding C2C sounds cool, and watching the sunset in the gulf would be purdy.... but unless we are talking in January when the sun rises as a decent hour, I think I would skip that part Unless we partied all night, watched the sunrise, went to sleep, then got up rode to the other coast
WOW, definitely to much chocolate and sugar this morning. Give it a couple hours then check back.

Old 04-24-2011, 10:32 AM
kered
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

ive been wanting to do this for a while now and planned to do it last year with a friend but it fell through...i did half and rode over to st aug to catch the sunrise a couple years ago but still havent gotten around to the whole thing...pick a date im in!

Quick Reply: C2C or Sunrise to Sunset