"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Jim's Cam Cover Heat Sink

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 10:54 PM
Phlip96
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jim's Cam Cover Heat Sink

Just got an e-mail from Jims

No, not you sick pup Ya know, Jims... anyways, got some great tools at a very high price but like mac or snap-on theyre well worth the price.

Anyways, it's a really cool lookin cam cover, having torn this cover off a few times myself, I wouldn't mind having this bad boy on there. Hell, may even save your cam chain tensioner some miles! (probably the whole cause for the item) but it gears it toward the bigger CI motors (all them new bike buyers that gots the 103 and up that were jealous of)

If I could post a pic I would, but if youre truely interested you'll do the leg work. But with internet and search engines, shouldnt be much of a problem anyways.

Old 04-15-2011, 11:09 PM
Just Dave
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Cam cover smam cover...Lets ride Brother!

Old 04-15-2011, 11:25 PM
CheezyRiderAZ
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For those of you that wanna see it:

http://www.ultimatemotorcycling.com/...over-heat-sink

Tryin' to attach a couple pics. It's supposed to be a finned heat sink and let the engine run cooler. Looks kinda cool...

To those in the know, think it'll work? Worth $100?

Attached Thumbnails Jim's Cam Cover Heat Sink-jimscamcover.jpg   Jim's Cam Cover Heat Sink-jimscamcover2.jpg  
Old 04-16-2011, 06:45 AM
SoFla
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seeing how I have my new Wood 555 cams in my possession, I would be interested in this. But doing a google search I can not find any reviews on what these do except advertisements from them that say they may drop the degrees by 10 .
They do look cool though. But wouldn't the holes allow water in and is that a bad

Old 04-16-2011, 08:10 AM
PoorBoy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Man, no way. Everytime I drop my ride in the parking lot, I'd be stuffing/packing sand into those holes. I think this is a bad idea.

I can only imagine some wind-driven rain getting in too, or that blast of air/water you get when a truck passes in the opposite direction on a day of sprinkles.

Probably a great idea for a trailer queen heading for one of those ride-in (10 feet) bike shows.

Old 04-16-2011, 08:12 AM
GoPro Steevo
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by SoFla
But doing a google search I can not find any reviews on what these do except advertisements from them that say they may drop the degrees by 10 .
They do look cool though. But wouldn't the holes allow water in and is that a bad
Totally NOT gonna drop 10 off your temps. And generally speaking, those small round covers are just for decoration. Take yours off, you'll see. There is nothing behind it but solid metal. So NO, the holes are not gonna let water in, or oil out. And for $100 bucks, it's not THAT cool looking...
But Thanks to Phil, regardless. It just might rekindle a blazing "heat-sink" discussion...

Old 04-16-2011, 08:41 AM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

True on 07 and newer for sure. For what its worth I have the cam bering install tool available to the crew for anyone that needs to borrow it.Gary Beatty tool.

Originally Posted by GotMy11SG
Totally NOT gonna drop 10 off your temps. And generally speaking, those small round covers are just for decoration. Take yours off, you'll see. There is nothing behind it but solid metal. So NO, the holes are not gonna let water in, or oil out. And for $100 bucks, it's not THAT cool looking...
But Thanks to Phil, regardless. It just might rekindle a blazing "heat-sink" discussion...