"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Watch This video

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2011 | 09:47 AM
redman53
Elite HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Just Dave
I think I scared him last weekend...
nawwwwwwwwww you ain't never scared me once Dave....well cept'in when you got runned over...that scared me plenty...but that weren't your fault....I think Jeff was just doing a PSA...

Old 01-08-2011 | 10:39 AM
Big Gator
|
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wilburz
Jeff - Did you have something happen recently on a group ride that got under yer skin?
Nope but there are a lot of new folks in the Crew of late and it is always good to review.

I think I scared him last weekend...
I don't scare that easy besides we were riding like old people have sex; slow and easy.

Originally Posted by OldSalt
Yep, Dave, it had to be you. I haven't ridden with anyone since last October, so I think my impact on anyone's riding should have expired by now.

Bill, folks are still having nightmares.

Originally Posted by redman53
nawwwwwwwwww you ain't never scared me once Dave....well cept'in when you got runned over...that scared me plenty...but that weren't your fault....I think Jeff was just doing a PSA...
This was just PSA not meant to offend anyone. If I every have a problem with riding with someone I will let them know but some folks are no open to constructive criticism so I have quietly pissed off a couple in the past.

Let's just stay safe. I don't want to lose any of you bums.

Old 01-08-2011 | 03:25 PM
HDRick
Road Warrior

Good video, Jeff. I still think the most dangerous and most difficult riding is riding in a group. The Florida Crew is growing every year and we all ride together pretty often so knowing and practicing good group riding etiquette is essential for our safety. If you ever feel that your in an unsafe situation, remove yourself from the situation. That's just good old common sense. Let a brother or sister know if he/she is putting you or the group at risk with their riding behavior. If they can't take the help, then screw them. Ride safe and stay safe. Ocala 2011, IS IT TIME YET???

Old 01-08-2011 | 04:50 PM
reesestewww
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by HDRick
Let a brother or sister know if he/she is putting you or the group at risk with their riding behavior. If they can't take the help, then screw them.

Old 01-08-2011 | 06:02 PM
SoFla
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great post Jeff.... I recalled most of it from the course...

Old 01-09-2011 | 12:00 AM
RedneckJedi
Advanced
Old 01-09-2011 | 07:21 AM
Big Gator
|
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

WOW, That is extreme!

Old 01-09-2011 | 08:38 AM
PoorBoy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Sorry man, but the video made me gag. Couldn't get past 3 minutes.

If you know where you're going- move to the head of the pack. If you don't know what you're doing- move to the rear of the pack. Learn to STAY in your third of the lane.

If you THINK you know where you're going and THINK you know what you're doing, then please join your nearest HOG chapter and fight it out with them. They will have these videos for you to watch too.

Folks with a bunch of years (and a bunch of miles) of riding under their belt can spot a rookie a mile away. The first stop during any group ride usually hen-pecks the rookies to the rear. (or should).

Common sense. No Rules, Just Ride.

Old 01-09-2011 | 11:21 AM
redman53
Elite HDF Member

I have found through leading a few rides, that there's always somebody that's gonna come up to you AFTER the ride and tell you just how bad a leader you were, you shoulda done this, you shoulda done that, but you never see them up front leading a ride...personally I'd rather ride back in the pack...less things you gotta worry about (is the new guy keeping up? is he riding safe? can I get this line of bikes around this truck all in one shot, should we move over and let faster traffic go past? etc etc.)...if this is a bit off topic I apologize, but it fits in the general theme of group riding...

Old 01-10-2011 | 08:54 AM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 280 Likes on 215 Posts

Ok< I watched the whole thing. Can I lead now?

After the last couple times I led Cagers were crossing the center line out to get me LOL .. Put me in the Rear ..

Is a good video had some great points .. But I like keeping things simple.. Expect the Unexpected... Because trust me, eventually it will happen ..

Quick Reply: Watch This video