"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Arizona Ride 2012

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 08:45 PM
SklyWag
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Az 2010

Just finished reading your thread about your trip for 2012. After living in CA for 40 years & riding so many many roads I did not think there could be any place that could compare.

We moved to AZ in May of 2010, we are extremely lucky to live in a state that can compete with the CA Roads.

So, just to keep you interested, here is a picture taken in June of 2010 on Hwy 191, the Devils Hwy 666, or the Coronado Trail, take you pick of what you want to call it.

You will enjoy the trip!
Arizona Ride 2012-dhwy.jpg

Old 04-28-2011, 03:49 PM
2of2
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Great job on the video Dale.
OK, The trip is only a year away and I thought it would be a good idea to pinpoint dates. Mid April is a good time of year to do this so I wanted input from those of you who have committed or are serious about coming out. I am thinking of taking off work the week of the 16th - 20th. That means the 13th-22nd for planning rides, GTG, etc. The Tombstone trip would be early/mid week, giving everyone time to get here in case of weather delays. Just wanted to check with everyone to see if there are any scheduling conflicts. We can bump it up or back a week if necessary.

Old 04-28-2011, 08:40 PM
Just Dave
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

I am officially committing to this trip at this time. I now have the Road King so I can ride out there so Arizona 2012, Here I come!!!! Is it time Yet?

Old 04-28-2011, 09:06 PM
2of2
Road Warrior

Dave, thats great news! Looking forward to riding with you.

Old 04-28-2011, 09:44 PM
HDBRATT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

ok ok I wanna go....as we get to the 3 months to go I will know more with my job if I can go.

Old 04-28-2011, 10:10 PM
themensh
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts

So far as my plans are at this time, I only plan on riding as far as San Antonio TX....then turning left to ride to south Texas to visit my grand daughter.
Hopefully, as time gets a littler nearer....details like 'where to stop for the night' will come into play. Years ago, when I was...er, a better night driver....I knew that Lake Charles, LA was a 12 hour ride from Daytona.
But as of right now...I am tagging along to San Antonio.

chuck the mensh

Old 04-29-2011, 08:33 PM
themensh
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by themensh
So far as my plans are at this time, I only plan on riding as far as San Antonio TX....then turning left to ride to south Texas to visit my grand daughter.
Hopefully, as time gets a littler nearer....details like 'where to stop for the night' will come into play. Years ago, when I was...er, a better night driver....I knew that Lake Charles, LA was a 12 hour ride from Daytona.
But as of right now...I am tagging along to San Antonio.

chuck the mensh
Don't know about everyone else, but my experience...is to like, meet up and leave at 3 AM......when the sun comes up, I get a 'second wind'...and then can ride til 3 PM (12 hours...stops and stuf in between). Lake Charles LA is 12 hours from Dayton non-stop.
I know, we will have some older riders, some faster....and some slower. I figure minimum speed will be 70 MPH on the interstate (not average).
When do we start planning? (And...is Poorboy on 'stand by?)

Chuck

Old 04-30-2011, 11:35 PM
2of2
Road Warrior

Chuck
When I made the trip in '09 we stopped every 200 miles for gas with one stop in between for a 5 mimute stretch. One stop for a sit down lunch. We averaged 50 mph. Thats not pushing it but keeping things moving along. I know everybody is different but it was a good pace for me. Oh yeah, we stopped at a few HD dealers along the way as well.

Old 05-01-2011, 11:00 AM
joe.1955
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 73 Likes on 46 Posts

You also gain three hours coming west = more daylight riding time.

Going back home you need to allow for the three hours you will lose, one as soon as you leave Arizona, one in West Texas and the other near Pensacola.

Old 05-01-2011, 12:52 PM
BlueDragon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Very happy to hear you plan on makin this ride JD! Depends if I'm ridin a tourin model by then or not, we may be takin the trailer queen title for this trip... OR chase vehicle title from another point of view. We could always help unload some of the weight off the bikes into the trailer as well. At this point, only time will tell how we make the trek. Definitly makin this one way or another though.

Quick Reply: Arizona Ride 2012