"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Arizona Ride 2012

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 04:06 AM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 280 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by 1of2
Bro, you know I'm in!
We need to pick a date. I know it will be in April but we have not set any dates yet. I vote to do it over Easter and most of us should be able to get a free day off from work due to the holiday. How about we head out of FLA April 6th and plan on being back in town on April 22nd?
Works for Me ...

Old 06-21-2011, 07:32 AM
Just Dave
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

My piggy bank is far from full but the fund-age will be there one way or another. Not gonna miss another one of these. Any dates are fine for me. Lets Ride!

Old 06-21-2011, 07:48 AM
2of2
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by masterblaster
I'll be there in 0'12 and this August 5th at Mesa for the start of the Hoka Hey.
Let me know what you need while you are here. Do you need a place to stay? How much time will you have? If there is anything I can do for you, be sure to let me know.

Old 06-21-2011, 07:53 AM
2of2
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by redman53
Weekly...try daily...your poor brother is probably sick to death of my planning and re-planning....I'm socking away $$$ and saving up the vacation time...I'm there dude!
Jimbo
I am glad you are going to make it. We are going to have a blast riding out here. I got my CB in the mail yesterday. Looks like a nice unit. Will be wiring it in this weekend.

Old 06-21-2011, 08:19 AM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

I need permission from wifey, want to take the Dyna so she wont be able to ride with me she is a little pissed, can ya help me there hehehe. The plan is coming together now, I am just planning to sleep wherever I get tired on the road, or just off the road actually. Planning to leave here the 28 th July, Dallas on the 31st, El Paso on the 1st, Still debating a run to Cali and Oregon and back to Mesa before the 5th. Will keep ya posted

Originally Posted by 2of2
Let me know what you need while you are here. Do you need a place to stay? How much time will you have? If there is anything I can do for you, be sure to let me know.

Old 06-21-2011, 02:21 PM
2of2
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by flagirl
! After Vegas area, we're swinging back through northern AZ to hit the Grand Canyon, Rt. 66 and a few other spots.
That will be the best part of your trip for sure. I just got back from there a week ago. I am sure it was hot in Tucson area and Vegas will be as well. Northern AZ will be a cool refreshing change from all the desert riding. As Dale said try to hit Sedona, Oak Creek, Jerome. In fact, let me know when and where and we will try to put together a ride to show you the sights.

Old 06-21-2011, 09:00 PM
themensh
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts

I know we have a ig BITE to chew on, what with getting the Ocala rally together, and some of us planning the ride out West....but now that we have a target date...which, so far is good with me, how many of us has ridden long distance with a group?
There has to be some resemblance of order? How long do we ride? Do we pick a destination and just meet up there? Do we start out together and part ways as we ride?
I have never ridden such miles with a group...I have ridden thousands of miles by myself,
but I don't know what to expect on this journey. What I am expecting...is after the first 500 miles, who ever is the slowest will **** off the 'fastest'......and they will BLAST on ahead. The ones who stay behind will catch up at the next 'stop'... The ones who BLASTED
ahead will take off as soon as the slower ones get there (since they were there for an hour before).
I am trying to visualize this....although I realize that the 15 people saying they are going will dwindle down to four....OK......Five (and I am going to Texas).
Do we book hotel ahead of time, do we challenge fate? Any input on this at all?

chuck

Old 06-21-2011, 09:15 PM
joe.1955
Stellar HDF Member
Received 77 Likes on 47 Posts

I'll put in my 2 cents, having done that ride before.

If you stop about every 80 miles (1 hour) or so, it gives everyone a chance to stretch and stay hydrated - especially across Texas and New Mexico.

No one will get too far behind in that amount of time allowing the group to stay together if they aren't comfortable running the speed of the leaders. They will catch up in just a few minutes.

I like running out a tank of gas at one stretch as much as anyone, but if you are riding all day at interstate speeds, stopping every hour or so, if only for about 10 minutes, it really helps to keep you alert and relaxed.

Old 06-21-2011, 10:58 PM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

Chuck there ya go thinking again, everyone starts at the same spot and finishes in the same spot, ya ride how ya want in between. Simple. Actually Jay Paul and Eddie did the ride out to Sturgis and they still drank beer together when they got there, after riding was over for the day. I understand what you are sayin though, I tend to ride til I get tired then sleep then ride again til I get tired, its just a ride and just riding.

Originally Posted by themensh
I know we have a ig BITE to chew on, what with getting the Ocala rally together, and some of us planning the ride out West....but now that we have a target date...which, so far is good with me, how many of us has ridden long distance with a group?
There has to be some resemblance of order? How long do we ride? Do we pick a destination and just meet up there? Do we start out together and part ways as we ride?
I have never ridden such miles with a group...I have ridden thousands of miles by myself,
but I don't know what to expect on this journey. What I am expecting...is after the first 500 miles, who ever is the slowest will **** off the 'fastest'......and they will BLAST on ahead. The ones who stay behind will catch up at the next 'stop'... The ones who BLASTED
ahead will take off as soon as the slower ones get there (since they were there for an hour before).
I am trying to visualize this....although I realize that the 15 people saying they are going will dwindle down to four....OK......Five (and I am going to Texas).
Do we book hotel ahead of time, do we challenge fate? Any input on this at all?

chuck

Old 06-22-2011, 05:09 AM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 280 Likes on 215 Posts

Couple of good points made here .. Can probably discuss it out here and /or at the Ocala Rally .. There are gonna be different riding styles, I like leaving before daybreak and get about 100 miles behind me before Breakfast .. Others like to eat before they get on the road.. Nothing that can't be adapted to .. Sometimes just go with the flow The first on our way to Sturgis plans were to stop around St Louis and ended up in some little hick town way off the interstate to find lodging .. April 6th is a Friday and know from experience Friday is a bad day to get a room off the interstate after 7 PM if it's not reserved .. I always liked being on the road at 5 AM and stopping around 3-4 PM and don't have to worry too much about Lodging availability .. But that just my opinion..

Quick Reply: Arizona Ride 2012