"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Arizona Ride 2012

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 09:16 PM
redman53
Elite HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by themensh
What is the hand signal for, "I'm pulling over, my shifter has broken?"
All of a sudden you raise to arm, point to the right....and ten people know you
are stopping? If you don't use your CB....nice to at least have it on...and on the same
channel as the rest. A time or two, when riding with Dale (1of2)....it came in handy.
But like GPS.....CB has an 'on-off' switch.
I agree with ya Chuck...if even you don't wanna talk at least you know whats going on with the group...

Old 05-20-2011, 06:52 PM
redman53
Elite HDF Member

OK CB update...got most of the parts in, and starting to plan where I'm gonna mount it all...right now I'm leaning heavily towards the left side saddle bag guard rail bag, it's small and located right where it needs to be...biggest hassle is finding a place to stash 8' of coax cable...stay tuned..film at 11...oh...btw ..does anybody out there know what a Lo Jack box looks like? Found a box with wires coming out of it discreetly stashed up in the frame today...bike is supposed to have Lo Jack but I've never had it activated...

Old 05-21-2011, 10:06 AM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 280 Likes on 215 Posts

As I don't have the hook ups (plug ins) never used the CB but suppose I can find some and maybe visit Dale or someone who actually has a good working knowledge of the damn thing.. Tried switching it on just for listening and still got a lot of distortion and crap and not used it since ..

Old 05-21-2011, 10:42 AM
1of2
"Moderator"
Received 951 Likes on 341 Posts

I'll get you all set up Jay. No problem.

Old 05-21-2011, 11:13 AM
Sefferdog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by JayStronghawk
As I don't have the hook ups (plug ins) never used the CB but suppose I can find some and maybe visit Dale or someone who actually has a good working knowledge of the damn thing.. Tried switching it on just for listening and still got a lot of distortion and crap and not used it since ..
I have the headset/mic combo thingy I got when I bought the bike.

Old 05-21-2011, 02:59 PM
redman53
Elite HDF Member

OK CB is installed, and I gotta admit it's pretty sweet...hooked it up and was talking to a guy about 3 miles from me ...that's more than enough range to talk to the gang while riding...every things tucked away nice and neat, and it all comes off in under a min..

Old 05-21-2011, 03:08 PM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

Hey Pup 3 miles might not be enough with your self imposed speed restrictions, the crew will grow small in the distance quickly.

I picked up the Boom headset today have the manual will try to figre it out tonight.

Originally Posted by redman53
OK CB is installed, and I gotta admit it's pretty sweet...hooked it up and was talking to a guy about 3 miles from me ...that's more than enough range to talk to the gang while riding...every things tucked away nice and neat, and it all comes off in under a min..

Old 05-21-2011, 03:20 PM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 280 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by 1of2
I'll get you all set up Jay. No problem.
Thanks Dale long time til next April we will together and get it set up properly and the beers on me ..

Old 05-21-2011, 04:15 PM
Sefferdog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by JayStronghawk
Thanks Dale long time til next April we will together and get it set up properly and the beers on me ..
Do you have the mic/headset setup Jay? That was what I was saying in my other post. If you don't have it and need one, I got you covered.

I am hoping to make the Az. trip, but I have removed my CB and mounted an amplifier in place of the CB.

Old 05-21-2011, 05:43 PM
redman53
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by masterblaster
Hey Pup 3 miles might not be enough with your self imposed speed restrictions, the crew will grow small in the distance quickly.

I picked up the Boom headset today have the manual will try to figre it out tonight.
It's all good Jerry...my idea of slow is still pretty quick...just can't afford them 300 dollar tickets, and with a CDL the points are gonna suck..

Quick Reply: Arizona Ride 2012