"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Where do you all hang out?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 11:26 PM
Mrs.Itch
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where do you all hang out?

I'm coming for a short vacation to Treasure Island between Nov 18-28. Have to cage my bike down there because I'm staying with a girlfriend of mine, and we'll have girl's night out every night, which means lots of shoes, makeup, clothing, etc...girl's stuff, ya know...

Anyway, I signed us up for a Jerry Palladino class on the 21st, and that's pretty much all I have in my calender.

Is there a chance that I will run into the one or other of y'alls?

Old 11-03-2010, 12:18 AM
oldbiker771
Tourer

Only Treasure Island I know is at Disney World, but I assume you are talking about some other more adult establishment?

Old 11-03-2010, 12:54 AM
1of2
"Moderator"
Received 951 Likes on 341 Posts

I propose a ride to Sleepy Hollow. Not too far from Tampa but still reachable for a lot of us for a day trip.

Old 11-03-2010, 05:43 AM
Just Dave
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Yay! We are riding to sleepy hollow!

Old 11-03-2010, 08:39 AM
Mrs.Itch
Tourer

Where is Sleepy Hollow?

There is one more thing that I need to do: find a Highway 43 sign to take a picture. I am a member of the Doof Clenas and that's what we do. But I heard that there are no signs in the northern part of highway 43.

There is a 43 in Tampa, but I need to find a sign that is fairly easy to access. Any input???

Old 11-03-2010, 08:43 AM
BlueDragon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Treasure Island is down in the St. Pete Beach area. The 21st is a Sunday... so we can do a Sleepy Hollow ride on the Saturday before (20th). That's the first weekend after the Rally, so some (that play the poker table with 1of2) may be slightly short of their pennies, but it's doable!

Old 11-03-2010, 08:47 AM
BlueDragon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

It's a nice lil' establishment tucked away in the northern county of Citrus(?) famous for it's $5. steak lunch. They even have a few vendors on site and $25. air boat tours! There's some fun for everyone... just let us know if you're up for it, Cap'n B.
*Edit:
Looks like 43 and 301 are one in the same... Since I'm more on the west coast, I don't travel that stretch of road often enough to say where a good spot is to catch that sign. 301 is inland from Treasure Island a few miles to the W..NW. There's some good riding alog that route you can cruise to find the perfect pic.

Last edited by BlueDragon; 11-03-2010 at 08:53 AM.
Old 11-03-2010, 09:46 AM
1of2
"Moderator"
Received 951 Likes on 341 Posts

Jerry Palladino has a class near there on the 21st? Sounds like a lot of fun. Does your friend have her own bike?

Old 11-03-2010, 10:03 AM
cHarley
Club Member
Received 302 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by 1of2
Jerry Palladino has a class near there on the 21st? Sounds like a lot of fun. Does your friend have her own bike?
Returning the search favor...
http://ridelikeapro.biz/rider-classe...&product_id=57

Old 11-03-2010, 11:23 AM
Mrs.Itch
Tourer

Originally Posted by 1of2
My friend is from Germany and she has a bike over there, but doesn't have the chance to ride a lot. I asked her how many mile she's put on her bike (to make sure she qualifies for the class) and she said (listen to this..) "In 10 years I've put 10000KM (6500 miles) on it"...that is 650 miles a year...which is what we ride on a good weekend!!!

But then she explained that it is either too wet, too cold, or she's too tired. She has a restaurant on the beach, and when the weather is nice, everybody is sitting outside eating and drinking until late at night. I totally understand.
So that's when I suggested to sell her bike in Germany and get a bike here in the US. She comes every year and stays for 6-8 weeks in Treasure Island where she has a place. She'll get much more riding done, if she had a bike here.
At the riding class they have 2 bikes they rent, a Sportster and a Triumph, so I reserved a bike for her. I know that she'll love to ride here, and we could do some riding together.

Originally Posted by cHarley
Yep, that's the class I signed us up for. Harley Trish signed up too, I believe. We'll have a great time.

Quick Reply: Where do you all hang out?