"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Where do you all hang out?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2010, 09:50 AM
1of2
"Moderator"
Received 951 Likes on 341 Posts

Originally Posted by Just Dave
I am 99.9 % sure that I am coming up.
It will be great to see you again Dave.

Old 11-26-2010, 01:56 PM
HDBRATT
Stellar HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

I'm out ...down with an ear infection first one I have ever had...hurts like a mother!

Have fun everyone....Did Isa get a hold of anyone...just got a voicemail from her. She will be there...have fun everyone.

Old 11-28-2010, 06:54 AM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 280 Likes on 215 Posts

We did Trish.. Sorry you couldn't make it ..

Old 11-28-2010, 09:07 AM
flagirl
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

It sounds like everyone had fun!

Old 12-03-2010, 04:58 PM
Captain Itch
Sponsor
Received 616 Likes on 332 Posts

Florida trip summery:

First of, I am soooo sorry if I couldn't stay in touch as I wanted by posting, but friggin' Wifi threw me out every 2 minutes. Every time I clicked on a link, I had to login again. I was pulling my hair, big time!!!

OK. That was that....had to get it out of my system. Oh, and I am not at all cell phone literate, and it took me 5 days to setup a voicemail. Still don't know how to listen to them thou. But the phone will be turned off until my next trip anyhow.

Sonja and I had a lot of luck with the weather. It didn't rain even once on us. The Sunday before Thanksgiving we took the "Ride like a Pro" class with Jerry and Donna Palladino, who wore us out!!! Great class. I only dropped my bike once. Here's the link.

But we learned a lot. I found out that a motorcycle has a rear brake ...well, I new that, but almost never used it before unless I had to come to a sudden stop. But I also realize that this class was just the beginning, and I have to do a lot of practicing. The reason I dropped my bike was, because I didn't have enough throttle.

I faxed the certificate of completion of the class to my insurance, and it was a nice surprise to hear that I'm gonna save $538 a year now.

The Tuesday before Thanksgiving Sonja rented a Fatboy and we rode along the nice Florida beaches down to Siesta Key. Then that Saturday we met with the "Crew". I had a great time in Florida, and it was sooo nice to meet Dale and Key, Jay, and their friends. Well, they knew my face from the forum, and recognized me quick. I gave one my my Doof friends my description of being 6 ft tall, but I didn't realize that there were a handful more tall gals. So we might have been walking around, but didn't recognize each other. Next time I'll bring my Goucho glasses. That should make it easier.

Too bad Larry couldn't come too. But someone has to take of the orders and critters at home.

Last Sunday we rode to Daytona, where we stayed overnight and meandered back to Treasure Island. When Sonja rented the bike, we noticed those passes, where you get the stamps from the Harley dealers of the raffle. So that was a nice way to set our destination. We have seen quite a bunch of them, and she has a nice souvenir to take home.

Tuesday morning I left to go back home.

All in all I love to "get away" every once in a while. I was so stressed out before, and feel so much better. I know that Larry needs to get out too. So that will happen in a few weeks, and I have his back here at home. And then it's just a matter of a few weeks that rally season starts for us again.
"Captain Itch and the traveling circus"...

So this is my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Thanks again for the warm welcome from the crew. Big hug!

Isabel

Attached Thumbnails Where do you all hang out?-img_1663.jpg   Where do you all hang out?-img_1672.jpg   Where do you all hang out?-img_1670.jpg  

Old 12-03-2010, 10:34 PM
1of2
"Moderator"
Received 951 Likes on 341 Posts

It was great to meet you guys (girls). I'm glad you had a good time. Look us up whenever you are in Florida. Maybe nexrt time we can get a nice ride going.

Old 12-04-2010, 07:50 AM
Captain Itch
Sponsor
Received 616 Likes on 332 Posts

Originally Posted by 1of2
It was great to meet you guys (girls). I'm glad you had a good time. Look us up whenever you are in Florida. Maybe nexrt time we can get a nice ride going.
I'm in! But I guess you have to put up with Larry first...

Old 12-04-2010, 08:49 AM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 280 Likes on 215 Posts

Just let me know when heading down again and will make sure have some time set aside for you to meet up again .. Nice Video and Pics .. Thanks for sharing ..