"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Where do you all hang out?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 11:47 AM
Mrs.Itch
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just googled Sleepy Hollow. Is it by Floral City? That looks like a nice ride. What about the 27th? That gives Sonja and me some time to catch up with each other, maybe getting here on a bike a few times, and maybe even time to rent a bike for the following weekend, so she can ride too.

I wouldn't be worried about here being slow. Remember, we are from Germany...LAND OF THE AUTOBAHN...

Old 11-03-2010, 12:33 PM
1of2
"Moderator"
Received 951 Likes on 341 Posts

Yes it is near Floral City. It is a nice place to meet. I'll try to make it on the 27th.

Old 11-03-2010, 01:51 PM
BlueDragon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm on-call that weekend and won't be able to leave the nieghborhood... maybe next time though. Enjoy your stay.. and be safe!

Old 11-03-2010, 02:11 PM
Big Gator
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Captain(B)itch
There is one more thing that I need to do: find a Highway 43 sign to take a picture. I am a member of the Doof Clenas and that's what we do. But I heard that there are no signs in the northern part of highway 43.

There is a 43 in Tampa, but I need to find a sign that is fairly easy to access. Any input???
Still trying to get past the Prospect level and become a Full Member I guess.

Good Luck.

Old 11-03-2010, 06:11 PM
themensh
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Captain(B)itch
I just googled Sleepy Hollow. Is it by Floral City? That looks like a nice ride. What about the 27th? That gives Sonja and me some time to catch up with each other, maybe getting here on a bike a few times, and maybe even time to rent a bike for the following weekend, so she can ride too.

I wouldn't be worried about here being slow. Remember, we are from Germany...LAND OF THE AUTOBAHN...

Barbara has never been there, and an 'air boat' ride sounds kind of fun.
Will try and watch this idea grow....

chuck the mensh

Old 11-04-2010, 08:36 AM
Mrs.Itch
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff_Fla
Still trying to get past the Prospect level and become a Full Member I guess.

Good Luck.
Nahhh, Doof Babes don't have to prospect. I'm already a full grown one with quite a few 43 signs under my belt, but not from FL yet, and a few other rewards, including the Duma$$ award...yep, I earned it too.

Originally Posted by themensh
Barbara has never been there, and an 'air boat' ride sounds kind of fun.
Will try and watch this idea grow....

chuck the mensh
Sounds good.

Is there anybody from the Clearwater Area that goes to Quakers Lube, Grass Flats, or Biff Burger?

Old 11-04-2010, 10:44 AM
1of2
"Moderator"
Received 951 Likes on 341 Posts

I went to the Doof site and found you there (your log in is easy to figure out) but I cant figure out what a Doof is and whats with the 43 signs? I looked around but cant seem to figure it out. Can you explain it to me?

Old 11-04-2010, 11:25 AM
Big Gator
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by 1of2
I went to the Doof site and found you there (your log in is easy to figure out) but I cant figure out what a Doof is and whats with the 43 signs? I looked around but cant seem to figure it out. Can you explain it to me?
It is pretty cool and not far from how the crew came about.

The letter “D” Doof being the fourth letter of the alphabet and the letter “C” Clena being the the third so 43 is used in the Doof patch which was developed and many members began to use the references in their avatars and signatures on the forum.

http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=145470

Old 11-04-2010, 01:01 PM
flagirl
Road Master

Sounds like a lot of fun and I would love to meet you Isabel! I'm not sure that weekend will work for me since it's right after the rally and November is turning out to be insanely busy.

Hopefully we'll catch up soon!

Old 11-04-2010, 03:25 PM
Bob
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

On 5/15/2006, A member over at VTF made the following statement in a thread about creating a map while dyno-tuning a bike, “really they all work hand in hand. You need a doof clena fuel curve first then go to timing and once done in timing re check afr as it will change with timing adjustments.” He meant to say, “..a good clean fuel curve..”

This statement caused MegaGlide to lovingly and humorously, press him on the meaning of DC. The jokes began to fly over the apparent, “Typo.” Before long, the conversation turned to us being the Doof Clenas MC and evolved into an imaginary club with officers, patches and an imaginary clubhouse. The Doofs also had an imaginary nemesis...the gAZINTAs! By June, VTF had given us our own sub forum buried deep within the International forum. “43” became the number for the Doofs. The letter “D” being the fourth letter of the alphabet and the letter “C” being the the third. The Doof patch was developed and many members began to use the references in their avatars and signatures on the site.

I am a "gAZINTA" myself, signified by the #7 on the timer cover.

Last edited by Bob; 11-04-2010 at 03:30 PM.

Quick Reply: Where do you all hang out?