"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Moving to Lakeland

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2010, 09:37 AM
Just Dave
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Moving to Lakeland

Slowryder received a job offer from the Polk county SPCA as one of the Doctor's on staff that is just to good to pass up so we will be moving to Lakeland. The Polk county SPCA has a full service Veterinarian Hospital on site as opposed to just re homing services. This is a great offer and represents a huge step up in her career. We are going to be looking for housing on the south side to rent to begin with until we get settled. Her new office is off of hwy 37 south in the Medulla/Lakeland Highland area and north of Mulberry. Any body know anything about this area?

She is going to start on Oct. 5th so this is happening really fast and she will need something short term immediately. I am going to stay here and finish out the semester here and attempt to sell our house in Bradenton but I am not anticipating much luck with the current market. I will then transfer to Polk State College in January.

Moving out of our area was something we have never considered because we like it here, but opportunity is knocking and we could not open the door fast enough for this offer. I think it will be a positive move for us and I hope the riding will be good in that area. It is more centrally located so from the Crew standpoint it should open up more rides to accessibility.

We are both looking forward to this "new beginning" and we are eagerly anticipating the new adventures that accompanies such a big change. Any and all Information regarding the area will be welcomed and we are glad that we will still be able to remain active with the Florida Crew.

Old 09-25-2010, 09:48 AM
SoFla
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congratulation to the two of you !!!!!! Best wishes in the new endeavour!

Old 09-25-2010, 10:15 AM
Sefferdog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

First off, CONGRATS! That is a good riding area. i have a couple of riding buddies down that way who are not members of the crew, but ride TONS. When you get moved and settled a little, let me know and I will give you a heads up on a ride or two down there. That way you can get acquainted with some of the "natives" (especially Harvey. He is VERY knowledgeable of that area) if you would like. Sofadog is also from Lakeland I believe. He would be a great source of info as well!

Old 09-25-2010, 11:03 AM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

First, sad that you two are going so far away (well not that far really), second, Congrats, sounds like a great job opportunity especially in this economy. Rode through the area a few times and it does look like a great riding area, safer too.

Old 09-25-2010, 11:41 AM
leanhog
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats! Polk county had its share of "animal hoarding cases" in the news. Makes sense there is demand for animal doctors. Plant City just 10 miles west has a monthly bike night; http://www.plantcity.org/default.cfm?page=Attractions.

Old 09-25-2010, 12:23 PM
flagirl
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Congratulations on the new job and the move! I hope all goes well and you are able to sell quickly without too much frustration.

Old 09-25-2010, 01:08 PM
Just Dave
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for the input so far guys and girls. It is not much of a move at only seventy miles but everything will be different not being on the Gulf anymore, I bet we are going to miss the ocean breezes which keeps it so nice here in the summer while everybody else is complaining about the heat. Houses are soooooo much cheaper over there than they are here so we should be able to take our housing budget a lot further.

Old 09-25-2010, 01:35 PM
redman53
Elite HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats guys...I have old family friends that live in Lakeland...now I got two more reason to go visit...

Old 09-25-2010, 01:37 PM
HDBRATT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Congrads to you both. I don't know a lot about Lakeland but I am sure you two will find something soon. We ride over to Lakeland HD a lot. Can't wait to do some rides with both of ya!

Old 09-25-2010, 01:50 PM
MJ
Elite HDF Member
Received 64 Likes on 43 Posts

Congrats to Carolyn! I guess we need to get as many Arcadia breakfast rides in as possible. I don't know any thing about Lakeland, but I bet it is better riding and living than the Sarasota-Bradenton area.

Quick Reply: Moving to Lakeland