"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Moving to Lakeland

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2010, 10:35 PM
Just Dave
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

I appreciate it Mike, but I explained that in my last post. Help will not be necessary but thanks anyway.

Old 09-26-2010, 11:00 PM
1of2
"Moderator"
Received 951 Likes on 341 Posts

Originally Posted by Just Dave
We rode the scooters over to Lakeland today and rented a nice house on the south side that will more than suit our immediate needs. Two car garage for the scooters and a fenced in back yard for the dog on a 1 acre lot in an upscale early 80’s neighborhood. It is six miles from Slowryders new office so it is really convenient. It is real close to Hwy 37 as well as right off of Hwy 98 so y’all be sure to stop by for refreshment’s when passing through.

We can not believe how fast this has all come together and how easy everything has just clicked into place. The house was the first one we looked at and it was way nicer than we expected to find that would allow pets. The owner is real laid back and has had the place since the early 90’s and we hit it off right away so he seems like he is not going to be a pain in the *** like some landlords like to be. We have had some in the past that wanted to micro-manage our lives just because we were renting a house from them. We used to have one years ago that would make surprise inspections while we were not home and leave notes about the new rules of the week. LOL, needless to say that did not last long. It is going to be a real adjustment living in somebody else’s house and having to actually care what somebody else thinks.

It was 72 miles from our door to the new one so it is not that far and we have the rest of the year to move so we will just be doing it a little bit at a time. I appreciate the offers of help but it will not be necessary since it is going to be spread out over the next ten weeks or so. We will have the house warming party after the first of the year and all is settled.

I believe that the ease of how everything is just clicking into place on this is a sign that it was meant to be and we really appreciate all of the ongoing support that we get from our extended family. That would be you guys, The Florida Crew. Thanks a million Brothers and Sisters!!! Carolyn and Dave.
It is really nice to see good things happen to good people. You guys deserve it. especially after all you have been through this year. Now it can end on a good note. We will be out to see it after you get settled.

Old 09-27-2010, 03:05 AM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 280 Likes on 215 Posts

Very Happy for you that you found something so quick and easy ..Many times that is not the case.. Wish you all the Best in your new place...

Old 09-27-2010, 08:02 AM
MJ
Elite HDF Member
Received 64 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Just Dave
I appreciate it Mike, but I explained that in my last post. Help will not be necessary but thanks anyway.
Yea I read that Dave! But sometimes push comes to shove.

Old 09-27-2010, 08:12 AM
2of2
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Congratulations Dave! I am happy for you and Carolyn. It seems to be a great opportunity for you. It sounds like you may be closer to DeLand so maybe I will see you guys more often when I come out to visit. I will see you in November for sure. I hope the transition goes smoooooth.

Old 09-27-2010, 08:43 AM
Two Speed
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats to you both,,, Its always great news when someone steps up a notch or two in their job....

Old 09-27-2010, 12:27 PM
bulldogmoe7
Ultimate HDF Member

way to go dave and carolyn. very happy for you. after spending some time over in that area you will love it. it is very central located. the riding is great. congrats, if you need anything you should still have my #.

Old 09-27-2010, 12:49 PM
The Worm
Cruiser

Yes for sure it must be meant to be! Everything falling into place you both deserve it after this year.

"Change is Good"

Old 09-27-2010, 03:13 PM
LadyHawk
Road Captain

Every thing happens for a reason... believe it!

Old 09-29-2010, 03:43 PM
flslowryder
Road Captain

Thanks everyone.. It does seem to be a dream job.. I didn’t even need to haggle to get what I wanted.. They even gave me a few extras!! I think it’s because the Medical Director rides too.. Told him I rode the sporty to the keys, st. augies, etc.. He said “I’ve heard enough, she’s hired!” LOL
JD went to find a TV for me and what will become the new exercise/gaming room and found one that was mispriced, got a wonderful deal!!
I think I need to go buy a powerball ticket!!

I promise I will let ya’ll know if we need anything.. Electric is already hooked up, cable and couch & love seat getting done tomorrow. Start work on Fri..

Anyone have a pet door for a sliding glass door?? Large?? I do need one of those..

Thanks guys once again!!! I’m glad I get to put up positive stuff again!!

Quick Reply: Moving to Lakeland