"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Moving to Lakeland

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2010, 10:45 AM
2 Beers
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like a good thing to me! When opportunity knocks, it's best to answer 'cause it can lead to all kinds of great new things. Congrats!

All good things come to an end, so that new and better things can happen. Make the most of it while it's there, and then move on.

Luckily, you get to keep many things the same. You're still within short range of most of the Crew, so what's the downside? Any ride under 6hrs is a short ride. Rock on.

2Beers

Old 09-26-2010, 02:48 PM
wilburz
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Good luck on the move! Your not far from Zephyrhills so you can get good water up there and Bock Tower is nearby. They have a lovely garden there. One if the bigwigs I met a few times from palm beach state college a few years ago left and became the President of Polk State College. Maybe I can get her to give you some free credits.

Old 09-26-2010, 04:37 PM
reesestewww
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Dave,

have a few minutes to catch up on the forum and just saw this. Congrats to you both! I know times like this can be exciting as well as nerving as change can sometimes be unsettling. If there is something I can do to help you all in the transition dont hesitate to ask!

Old 09-26-2010, 04:43 PM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

I am looking forward to the house warming Party.

If you have a moving day and need help post it up I am sure we can get a moving party together with the crew.

Old 09-26-2010, 05:45 PM
JaxHarleyRdr
Club Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by masterblaster

If you have a moving day and need help post it up I am sure we can get a moving party together with the crew.
You got a bagger Jerry you can carry alot!

Old 09-26-2010, 07:41 PM
throttlejunkie
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WOW, CONGRATS TO YOU GUYS !!
that's great news..good luck to the both of you. i'm sure it's going to work out great..
Dave

Old 09-26-2010, 07:46 PM
Araba Shriner
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dave and Carolyn, congrats on the new job and good luck with the new beginning.

Old 09-26-2010, 08:39 PM
murph
Elite HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by masterblaster

It will take a lot of trips with our bikes to move them. I think you can carry the sofa.

Old 09-26-2010, 08:58 PM
Just Dave
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

We rode the scooters over to Lakeland today and rented a nice house on the south side that will more than suit our immediate needs. Two car garage for the scooters and a fenced in back yard for the dog on a 1 acre lot in an upscale early 80’s neighborhood. It is six miles from Slowryders new office so it is really convenient. It is real close to Hwy 37 as well as right off of Hwy 98 so y’all be sure to stop by for refreshment’s when passing through.

We can not believe how fast this has all come together and how easy everything has just clicked into place. The house was the first one we looked at and it was way nicer than we expected to find that would allow pets. The owner is real laid back and has had the place since the early 90’s and we hit it off right away so he seems like he is not going to be a pain in the *** like some landlords like to be. We have had some in the past that wanted to micro-manage our lives just because we were renting a house from them. We used to have one years ago that would make surprise inspections while we were not home and leave notes about the new rules of the week. LOL, needless to say that did not last long. It is going to be a real adjustment living in somebody else’s house and having to actually care what somebody else thinks.

It was 72 miles from our door to the new one so it is not that far and we have the rest of the year to move so we will just be doing it a little bit at a time. I appreciate the offers of help but it will not be necessary since it is going to be spread out over the next ten weeks or so. We will have the house warming party after the first of the year and all is settled.

I believe that the ease of how everything is just clicking into place on this is a sign that it was meant to be and we really appreciate all of the ongoing support that we get from our extended family. That would be you guys, The Florida Crew. Thanks a million Brothers and Sisters!!! Carolyn and Dave.

Old 09-26-2010, 09:03 PM
MJ
Elite HDF Member
Received 64 Likes on 43 Posts

Dave,

I have 2 pickups and a trailer if needed. I have off 2 days a week and it varies as to which ones. May can even combine it to go see Derek!

Just holler!

Quick Reply: Moving to Lakeland