"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Speed trap/Construction on 27

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2010, 08:31 AM
SoFla
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My first trip way up 27 was in my wife's 1st 2 seater years ago. Testing it out, I was doing 110 as I was entering the South Bay area my wife tells me to slow down, someone on the other side just flashed their lights. I had no idea I was about to enter a town.

I start slowing down, but not fast enough, I get pulled over and the cop asks "Do you know how fast you were going in my town". OK, 1st off, I'm not about to give him the evidence against me and told him "No, I don't". What a relief when he informed me "You were doing 11 miles an hour over the speed limit in my town". So I figured him to be the Founder, Mayor, Major Property Owner, and Law Enforcement of South Bay. Seeing that he did not get me at my top speed, I was never so happy to get a speeding ticket in my life.

Old 09-25-2010, 12:35 PM
flagirl
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PoorBoy
I do like stories with happy endings. It would have been better IF it ended in a roadside lip-lock. Heeee heee heeeeeeee.
LOL not sure my husband would have liked that...

The cops in PB county are really tough - I got a speeding ticket back in 2006 on Thanksgiving Day heading back from dinner at the Clewiston Inn (this was when I still lived in Broward). It was right before entering south bay where the limit drops from 65 to 55 to 45 to 35 within a few miles. I think I was still at 65 in a 45 (didn't see the signs). Cop didn't care it was thanksgiving with my husband and parents in the car. Gave me the ticket anyway.

The worst is when it's visiting time at the Jail - definitely not the area to be in then.

Old 09-25-2010, 12:47 PM
leanhog
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great heads up on Hwy 27 Southbay. Here's a heads up on an I-75 speed patrol via airplane; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xtDs...eature=related.

Last edited by leanhog; 09-25-2010 at 12:51 PM. Reason: wrong link
Old 09-26-2010, 06:03 AM
Two Speed
Advanced
Default Liplock

Originally Posted by PoorBoy
Good deal flagirl. I've only received ONE warning from a traffic stop my entire life. On the other hand, I've probably been speeding my entire life, so I think I'm ahead. Hee heeee heeeee

SP & Spunky make a good point about folks out there working on the highway. I have had to change a car tire before along side of the interstate. What a scary sense of things as cars go blasting by.

I do like stories with happy endings. It would have been better IF it ended in a roadside lip-lock. Heeee heee heeeeeeee.
I would have liked to see a Dlouble twistover liplock....

Old 09-26-2010, 07:43 AM
murph
Elite HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

I hate cops.

Old 09-26-2010, 08:34 AM
JaxHarleyRdr
Club Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by murph
I hate cops.
I kinda like that show

Old 09-26-2010, 09:42 AM
DeckerDude
Road Master

Cops are a bunch of jerks.
Without sounding like a complete dick... I kinda agree.

Old 09-26-2010, 10:07 AM
cajunfla
Tourer

I hate cops.
Maybe you should try seeing their point of view on things. They are only enforcing the law, they don't make the laws. Maybe your problem is with your congressmen, governor, and president for creating the stupid laws. I view cops as my friends. And yes, I have had several speeding tickets. Never got out of any of them. My mom worked for the sheriff before retireing, and my son is a cop. When someone steals your scoot, or some cager runs you over, who ya gonna call? Some other big bad biker dude with a gun? That will solve a lot.

Old 09-26-2010, 10:22 AM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

What the hell is that, sounds like a gymnastic move.

Originally Posted by Two Speed
I would have liked to see a Dlouble twistover liplock....
As far as hating cops, I have lived all over the US and I have to say that Fla cops in general seem pretty dam good over all, very Harley friendly, have passed them on 27 at or close to 100mph they didnt budge. Cruising along 595 with Big Al one Sunday morning had one FHP pass us while running 80 85 mph gave us thumbs up and drove on. Have met and know more than a few cops in Fla, about 10% are sre dick heads same percentage as any otehr group.

Old 09-26-2010, 10:24 AM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

cajun, the flip side of this is when you shoot someone for running you over a cop arrests you, just saying.

Then you have great police work like this, so its not possible to categorize the whole group, take them individually, I happen to be thankful we have pretty cool cops in Fla, now Va is a different story.

http://www.snopes.com/crime/cops/judd.asp

Originally Posted by cajunfla
Maybe you should try seeing their point of view on things. They are only enforcing the law, they don't make the laws. Maybe your problem is with your congressmen, governor, and president for creating the stupid laws. I view cops as my friends. And yes, I have had several speeding tickets. Never got out of any of them. My mom worked for the sheriff before retireing, and my son is a cop. When someone steals your scoot, or some cager runs you over, who ya gonna call? Some other big bad biker dude with a gun? That will solve a lot.

Last edited by masterblaster; 09-26-2010 at 10:37 AM.

Quick Reply: Speed trap/Construction on 27